Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Freeman did his hamstring every two weeks last year according to the website
I've never read that but it do believe it. In fact the club went out if it's way to lie about Freeman re injuring his hamstring. They Clearly stated (Blackmore injury update) it was the other leg when he missed his debut game and was only minor and would miss 3 weeks at most. At the post season forum Eddie arranged Bill Davoren let slip it was the same leg he re did.

P1ss poor form from the club here

Last edited:
I've never read that but it do believe it. In fact the club went out if it's way to lie about Freeman re injuring his hamstring. They Clearly stated (Blackmore injury update) it was the other leg when he missed his debut game and was only minor and would miss 3 weeks at most. At the post season forum Eddie arranged Bill Davoren let slip it was the same leg he re did.

P1ss poor form from the club here
All fixed. Eddie arranged for Gold Coast to take on our Blackmores communication facilitator (& they paid us to get him).
Nb that Blackmores guy never looked you in the eyes when he was telling porkies, so it doesn't count.

Do you think it's good management to cut staff in such an important area in a year where they had epidemic soft tissue injuries?

Hardly an epidemic of soft tissue injuries. I think you're forgetting that most of our injury issues were structual injuries like Cloke's ankle, Oxley's ankle, Seedsman's hip, Lynch's leg, Broomheads arm, Maxwell's ankle, Scharenberg's feet, Brown's shoulder, Hudson's shoulder, White's finger, and Gault's collarbone. Even Karnezis's hammy coming of OP wasn't overly surprising.

Can I ask why you believe it's good management?
I don't know one industry where if you have a downturn in performance and output, the solution of cutting staff is good practise.

I think you're overlooking the impact of the psuedo football department tax. All clubs will be endeavouring to reduce expenditure to below the threshold.

Club has undertaken (reportedly) extensive reviews of the injury issues and the football department, and I'm confident they won't implement anything that reduces their capacity to deliver on the recommendations of those reviews.

If you wanna go back 10 years you can throw in guys like Rusling Lica and probably others I can't remember

Rusling shoulders, Lica did both his ACL's before we drafted him unless I'm mistaken.

B2WsJq-CcAAb0qC.jpg

Brett Anderson of inside Football says the top 4 from last years draft would all go no.1 this year....oh... and Shazza would too.

KK a no on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they can introduce his upper body to some weight training before too long.
I wonder if he has purposely lost some weight to ease the stress on his knees during recovery?

Is it just me, or has Sharenberg shrunk?

I would have thought we would have instructed him to continue lifting weights, unless we are trying to lower his overall body mass so that in the event we can fast-track his recovery, there is less stress on his knee? He was a man child when we drafted him. He now looks really lean.

I imagine a serious bromance would be developing between Scharenberg and Macaffer right now. We may end up with Didak-Medhurst levels of waxing when they are both fit.

I wonder if he has purposely lost some weight to ease the stress on his knees during recovery?

Might have something to do with reducing stress load on his feet (post foot operation) as well.

I'm abit too lazy atm, but I.think someone should find a last year vs this year shot. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you think. I don't think he has a muscle building frame.

I'm abit too lazy atm, but I.think someone should find a last year vs this year shot. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you think. I don't think he has a muscle building frame.
3_TR190814MW0603.jpg

He certainly looks to have lost muscle mass since his knee injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back