Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams was a Tasmanian.

You can add to the list Russell, Kelly, Francis though. Three champion SA boys who plaued for us.

I think he meant Choco...

Can add 2 of my favorites though Phillips and Abernathy. Wakelin too. Done ok out of SA.

Maybe should of grabbed him
We had our eye on him at 10. He's not even in the same conversation as Scharenberg in terms of quality though. The only other player we were considering was Aish, but Shaz fit our list better.

Maybe should of grabbed him

Meh, theres nothing Salem has that Broomhead doesn't. And neither are in the same stratosphere as Scharenberg in terms of ability and potential.

I can see Scharenberg developing into our version of Goddard. Powerful utility who'll start off half back but will spend time in the middle as he develops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the latest injury update from Balmey, he's very ahead of schedule physically. He said that "physically, he's right to go". But he needs more conditioning. They said they want 4 full weeks of proper training before they play him (I assume through the VFL).

Fantastic news re Shazza. Seems will be playing early in the season so is now a chance to debut in 2015. Will be really keen to get down and see him in the VFL soon.

The fact that he hasn't been put on the LTI list would suggest that the club expects him to be playing some sort of footy within the first 8 weeks. Great news. We may even see a senior debut towards the end of the season. However he hasn't played any footy for 2 years so would not be too upset if he plays the year out in the seconds.

The fact that he hasn't been put on the LTI list would suggest that the club expects him to be playing some sort of footy within the first 8 weeks. Great news. We may even see a senior debut towards the end of the season. However he hasn't played any footy for 2 years so would not be too upset if he plays the year out in the seconds.
I reckon it will take him a minimum of 8 to 10 matches to find his form, to regain his touch and confidence. That's my optimistic view anyway.

So if all goes well, maybe a debut in late July or August.

Balmes new injury terms sound like terms used in cooking, like ordering a steak at a restaurant, rare, medium and well done. Marsh, Keefe, Seedman and Moore all rare, Scharenberg rare to medium and both Young and Macaffer are well cooked.

Balmes new injury terms sound like terms used in cooking, like ordering a steak at a restaurant, rare, medium and well done. Marsh, Keefe, Seedman and Moore all rare, Scharenberg rare to medium and both Young and Macaffer are well cooked.
You have to feel for caff as he done the knee at the wrong time of his carrier and someone might go past him on our list.

You have to feel for caff as he done the knee at the wrong time of his carrier and someone might go past him on our list.

Career*

Swan is a carrier.

It could easily be Caff's last season, Footy is a cut-throat business and he will struggle coming off an ACL.

Yes agree totally, bad timing of injury with a list of young players all there abouts. To make matters worse Macaffers role as tagger you need to be super fit. Still I do wish him all the best even though I have made a joke at his expense.

Fantastic news re Shazza. Seems will be playing early in the season so is now a chance to debut in 2015. Will be really keen to get down and see him in the VFL soon.

Yep, games at Victoria Park cant come soon enough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back