News Scharenberg Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all - I have been told that Matt Scharenberg was running last week and will begin training tomorrow and is ahead of schedule according to his surgeon. Will be back playing VFL in 6 - 7 weeks.

Good news finally on the injury front.

Other injury news: Karnezis and Seedsman back next week. Freeman 3 weeks away but should play multiple games this year. Reid minimum 3 weeks.

Hi all - I have been told that Matt Scharenberg was running last week and will begin training tomorrow and is ahead of schedule according to his surgeon. Will be back playing VFL in 6 - 7 weeks.

Other injury news: Karnezis and Seedsman back next week. Freeman 3 weeks away but should play multiple games this year. Reid minimum 3 weeks.
WOOT! All hail the Berg!

1_Matt-Scharenberg_Draft-Countdown-Article-Image-Recovered.jpeg

giphy.gif

Great news about Sharon. I can't wait to see him out there. If I still lived in Melbourne I'd be keeping my calendar clear for his VFL games.

Will be a gun.

Reid minimum of three weeks? Hopefully they are just trying to build fitness back into him

They are hopeful for three but being extremely cautious.

Thats a long time with a hamstring for Freeman

It was a tendon injury. Not the muscle itself. Which is good and bad news. The other good news is he doesn't have a history of hammies and he had never done one before. So this is hopefully a one off.

Thats a long time with a hamstring for Freeman

It is a fair bit of time off.

I'm happy for them to be cautious though, if that's what it comes down to. He's a speedster and will need those hammmies in good nick for a long, long time.

Finally some good news with one of our precisely picked recruits, perhaps we can start to make some headway now as we have been picking for height speed and footskills only to have them go down with injuries / long term illnesses from day one o_O

Reid minimum 3 weeks away.. wow

Reid reminds me of Rowdy Brown in that he's a naturally skinny kid who has had to significantly bulk up, and plays in a position of high physical impact. All of that combined can wear a body out pretty quickly. I hope I'm wrong though, especially with the ink drying on his new deal. Can't wait to see him back, he's vital to the team.

Excellent.

I'll be sure to bookmark June 7th against Casey for his return/debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid reminds me of Rowdy Brown in that he's a naturally skinny kid who has had to significantly bulk up, and plays in a position of high physical impact. All of that combined can wear a body out pretty quickly. I hope I'm wrong though, especially with the ink drying on his new deal. Can't wait to see him back, he's vital to the team.

Similar to Grimes of Richmond. I see your point and I agree. He had a similar frame to Fletcher and his body just hasn't coped with the added weight and muscle gain.. Whereas a guy like Cloke has always been strongly built. It's a damn shame because he could be better than Cloke.

Similar to Grimes of Richmond. I see your point and I agree. He had a similar frame to Fletcher and his body just hasn't coped with the added weight and muscle gain.. Whereas a guy like Cloke has always been strongly built. It's a damn shame because he could be better than Cloke.

I can sympathise too, as I was 195cm and 80kg at 18. Ended up at 105kg and it definitely took a toll on me. Back down to 86kg now and my body loves me for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back