Recommitted Matthew Scharenberg [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well, if it gets us another first round pick then it'll the 4th year in a row we pick up some talent x 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem is that we lose 1 of those 1st Rounder as well

He isn't going anywhere. It is pure speculation. If you were him, would you want to string together some games before signing as it would increase your value dramatically?

I hate Collingwood but if he left them after 2 years when they have used their resources, have been very patient and careful for his benefit and give him a career it stinks. He owes them at least 2 years. His play in the VFL is impressive so any thoughts he won't make it are way off.
Hate is such a strong word? are you ok?

Scharenberg not going anywhere unless we need him to get Treloar over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Collingwood but if he left them after 2 years when they have used their resources, have been very patient and careful for his benefit and give him a career it stinks. He owes them at least 2 years. His play in the VFL is impressive so any thoughts he won't make it are way off.

He owes them little more than what he was contractually obliged to give

Clubs cut players despite them giving there all and being heart and soul players.

The notion that players owe clubs an allegiance, specifically in this case when the player didn't have a choice I find absurd personally

There are times where a club has gone above and beyond but IMO they are fairly rare

Scharenberg not going anywhere unless we need him to get Treloar over the line
Collingwood's seemingly limitless salary cap (going by the amount of players your club links itself to every year) fascinates me...

Collingwood's seemingly limitless salary cap (going by the amount of players your club links itself to every year) fascinates me...
You should spend less time fascinating and more time realizing opposition player managers use us to bump deals

You should spend less time fascinating and more time realizing opposition player managers use us to bump deals

So true.

Agent plan A:
- Link player to club with notorious amounts of salary cap (varies from year to year).

Agent plan B:
- If Victorian, link player to Collingwood. Aish's manager gets bonus points for managing this despite Aish not even being Victorian.

You're swayed by a puff piece mid-season without any progression of contract talks? Expect these until the day after Collingwood finishes their 2015 campaign and Scharenberg makes an announcement of his intent to move. Unfortunately, players just can't say anything during the season.

It’s the news of His Girlfriend Settling in Melbourne is the Big News out of that.

Better then what was being Repots a few months ago

???

We're not getting those players though, are we? It would be a different story if we were adding big name players every year, but we're not doing that.

We've also lost 3,500 games of experience and turned over 45 players in the last four years, which creates a lot of cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back