Rumour Schulz may go to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

How is a competent key forward not the cherry on top for Freo?
Because Pavlich is looking like not being there, so Shulz will be it.

Schoenmakers very nearly did win us a flag as a CHB, toweling Reid in 2012, that's why Lake was a finishing touch to allow Gibson to play third man up.

Freo are devoid of key forwards, hence they're looking at Shulz...and tried to get Schoe last year.
And Schulz could be a finishing touch to finally give Pav some support up forward, even if it is only for a season.

Hes almost finished, Freo cannot possibly be thinking him and Pav together for that reason.

A few years ago it would have been great though.

We're talking about top up players, not building for the future. Schultz at 30 has a couple of years of competitive football in him and would most likely bring more to the table then our scrawny rookie picks who are still developing.

Too many people write off good players way too early on the back of a poor season.

They were saying the same about Sandilands 3 years ago and everyone thought McPharlin was well past it, hell even Pavlich a few weeks ago had everyone saying he's done... he then towels up Alex Rance and has had a solid 4 weeks.

The problem is when you get compared to your former glory then often it comes up short.

Schultz has had a poor season in a few peoples eyes but when your other option is Taberner, it's a no brainer for me.

We can't all just want to go to Hawthorn and get a free ride.

But at the time it was seen as a bold move, but for some reason we are "desperate"

I know as a West Coast fan this probably comes across as a troll or whatever but it isn't.

If you get Schulz in it is more of a desperate move as it isn't great for the age profile of your list, development of the kpf's you have and the potential to acquire a longer term option like Dixon or whoever.

Realistically Pav has one year left maybe? Schulz possibly similar? It doesn't necessarily reek of desperation but it is a roll of the dice for a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know as a West Coast fan this probably comes across as a troll or whatever but it isn't.

If you get Schulz in it is more of a desperate move as it isn't great for the age profile of your list, development of the kpf's you have and the potential to acquire a longer term option like Dixon or whoever.

Realistically Pav has one year left maybe? Schulz possibly similar? It doesn't necessarily reek of desperation but it is a roll of the dice for a flag.
I honestly don't see the fuss. We get criticised because we can't land a big name and get criticised because we don't score enough. Schulz would give us another solid marking option up forward and would have 2-3 years left in him. Can act as a stop gap between Pav and our young Key Forwards (Taberner and Apeness.)

I honestly don't see the fuss. We get criticised because we can't land a big name and get criticised because we don't score enough. Schulz would give us another solid marking option up forward and would have 2-3 years left in him. Can act as a stop gap between Pav and our young Key Forwards (Taberner and Apeness.)

I understand your point but I am not sure he has 2-3 left in him. That is the gamble.

Love Schulz, junkyard dog. May have only had one stellar season but this year's Port and those year's Richmond were barely the helpful midfield Freo has. His best is also better, and was there for longer, than a punk like Dixon as well.

Him and Black would be a great one-two. I have no faith in Taberner, and even those who do would surely realise he's nowhere near AFL-ready for next season or the following.

All well and good labelling Freo deperate, fact is we are.

We desperately want to win a flag, show me who doesn't

We are in a closing window and Schulz is a perfect top up for a position we are desperate to improve.

I reckon we have approached every KPP available, but getting them over here is a bridge too far.

Schulz might be the missing link, there again he might be a Jack Anthony :$

All well and good labelling Freo deperate, fact is we are.

We desperately want to win a flag, show me who doesn't

We are in a closing window and Schulz is a perfect top up for a position we are desperate to improve.

I reckon we have approached every KPP available, but getting them over here is a bridge too far.

Schulz might be the missing link, there again he might be a Jack Anthony :$

well you are desperate. you're throwing offers at anything over 195cm

but hey if my club was in the same position they'd probably be making the same moves

hope it works out for freo

Will stay unless the Dixon rumours hold any credibility. No logical scenario where we let go of our only mature KPF for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back