Scientoligists... hunting victims again. Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Just got a flyer out of my letter box. its about your personality teast, Oxford capacity analysis.

Come in today it says walk ins welcome , I bet !

Church of Scientoligy centre.

Just be aware of this stuff. They like your money as well as wanting your brain.

They have a strange reputation. Not real nice.

Just got a flyer out of my letter box. its about your personality teast, Oxford capacity analysis.

Come in today it says walk ins welcome , I bet !

Church of Scientoligy centre.

Just be aware of this stuff. They like your money as well as wanting your brain.

They have a strange reputation. Not real nice.
Absolute scum.

*facepalm*
This is the sought of stuff they produce about psychiatry.

10653333_10205006927685879_9070783925183825322_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did their "personality test" once. They were so far off in their assessment it wasn't funny. But while waiting for the results I read a couple of their pamphlets giving a bit of history and about the dianetics stuff, which was good because prior to that I really didn't know anything about them. I did politely decline their offer to sell me a book.

A mate and I had an entertaining afternoon once at their offices on St. Georges Terrace. We'd both been on the turps and wandered in separately, did their personality test which was pretty easy to rig to appear to be complete psychopaths who shouldn't be out in the general public.

They made us watch some crappy film while they graded the tests. When it finished, the small room we were in went dark, so we turned our chairs to face one another and just stared, so it was an unsettling scene for the bloke who opened the door (judging by his reaction).

They then talked us through our separate tests before ushering us out, hoping we would find a friend and oddly, didn't ask us to join. Great fund and straight back to the pub.

The test is also really easy to fudge to get the 'right' answers. I went in with a mate and after sitting through the movie (which featured two young women in the audience screaming and laughing about subliminal messages) lied my backside off and ranked at the top of the chart for every 'attribute' bar one which I missed an answer.

I was told that I had done amazingly well but this one (where I received a 9 or whatever) was going to start dropping and it would begin to pull all the others down and then I would end up destitute and friendless and on drugs.

Fortunately they had a book that would stop all this happening and 'will that be cash or cheque' (this was the late 80's). I politely declined and left.

Even more fortunately we caught up with the two young women who had sat through the film :)

Did their personality and IQ tests a few years back with some mates after a liquid lunch, had a bet for the lowest IQ score and come out as a psychopath. They were really friendly until they saw the results and realised we were taking the piss. We came out with IQ scores of 22, 29 & 41. All of which would mean massive mental impairment and the lower ones bordering on a vegetative state.

Did their personality and IQ tests a few years back with some mates after a liquid lunch, had a bet for the lowest IQ score and come out as a psychopath. They were really friendly until they saw the results and realised we were taking the piss. We came out with IQ scores of 22, 29 & 41. All of which would mean massive mental impairment and the lower ones bordering on a vegetative state.

Just goes to show how it's bullshit anyway.

I did their "personality test" once. They were so far off in their assessment it wasn't funny. But while waiting for the results I read a couple of their pamphlets giving a bit of history and about the dianetics stuff, which was good because prior to that I really didn't know anything about them. I did politely decline their offer to sell me a book.
You didn't want to be saved, just admit it...

Prey on the vulnerable is about the extent of what they do. Same goes for Mormons and Jehovahs.

15 or so years back I had a few hours to kill in Melbourne and one of these freaks offered me the IQ test so yeah why not. Wandered into their office on Russell Street, I think, and thumbed through the literature on display. Old L Ron had apparently written on everything from nuclear technology to how to play the piano. And above it all was a huge framed print of Tom Cruise reclining in a leather chair, fingers steepled under his chin. Accompanying old Top Cat was a presumably profound Hubbard quote. The whole set up was f***ing ridiculous.

Anyway, the test was huge, hundreds of questions which really boggled the mind, such as "horse is to cow as fence is to gate: true or false". I flicked through the pages for a few minutes then walked out. Kept the pencil though.

Interesting fact: some of the questions seemed really familiar and I later on twigged that they feature in a track off Faith No Mare's Angel Dust album.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back