Analysis Scott Selwood Debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Well maybe not Jetta - maybe Yarran?

At this stage it's likely to be a player with a couple of question marks, most traded players are, but if they have some good run and carry attributes and can create a tough match up around the wing and half forward, I would say that will add more to the side than what Selwood has in the last 2 years.

Well maybe not Jetta - maybe Yarran?

At this stage it's likely to be a player with a couple of question marks, most traded players are, but if they have some good run and carry attributes and can create a tough match up around the wing and half forward, I would say that will add more to the side than what Selwood has in the last 2 years.
Trade up with our two first rounders for one higher pick?

I don't want Jetta in the team unless he's willing to play one hundred percent team football. Not sure he's that good to be honest I like the way we're developing our own players right now.

He has bought into the Swans culture since he got there so I'm sure playing team football won't be the problem. I'd be happy to have him.

Is he that good though? Does he offer much more than Hill, whose spot in the forward line I'd be presuming he'd take?

He'll be involved with the wing-half-forward rotations which doesn't involve Hill as much. Hill will kick more goals at the end of the season but Jetta will contribute more around the ground.

Is he that good though? Does he offer much more than Hill, whose spot in the forward line I'd be presuming he'd take?
Would be more of a wingman I think. Has extreme pace that Hill doesn't have and is more involved in the game than Hill. Hill is just a bit part player who can kick the odd amazing goal. Clearly the team is not too far off (amazingly). Just one or two of the right players to finish off the cake like Chick and Stenglein (although not necessarily hard nuts like them, the game has changed since then).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Selwood if he leaves to play with his brother. Quietly confident that we will do very well out of the deal. He obviously isn't interested or perhaps doesn't understand 'premiership windows', but kudos for family loyalty. I like him as a hard inside player, especially coming on as sub, but think we're tracking nicely in that department for mids if he goes. As for trades,I wonder why people think Jetta is awesome for us on the wing..Gaff and Masten both having stella seasons, or am I missing something? If we have any targets in our sights, I'd be going O'meara or Bennell all day long.

Good luck to Selwood if he leaves to play with his brother. Quietly confident that we will do very well out of the deal. He obviously isn't interested or perhaps doesn't understand 'premiership windows', but kudos for family loyalty. I like him as a hard inside player, especially coming on as sub, but think we're tracking nicely in that department for mids if he goes. As for trades,I wonder why people think Jetta is awesome for us on the wing..Gaff and Masten both having stella seasons, or am I missing something? If we have any targets in our sights, I'd be going O'meara or Bennell all day long.
Couldn't agree more about jetta, inconsistent and not the type of player we need, plus he's shown he's a dickhead. O'meara and bennell would be far handier and are much younger

have to chuckle at the comments on the Geelong board. I guess one mans trash really is another mans treasure...

Selwood could be ok at Geelong, only as a bettering ram and if he sticks to his team rule ( hand Pass only and get rid of it as soon as you can ).

Couldn't agree more about jetta, inconsistent and not the type of player we need, plus he's shown he's a dickhead. O'meara and bennell would be far handier and are much younger
Dickhead? For the dance act? Passionate for his team mates and not being able to fully grasp whats going on, yes. Dickhead is a bit far for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back