Analysis Scott Selwood Debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Dickhead? For the dance act? Passionate for his team mates and not being able to fully grasp whats going on, yes. Dickhead is a bit far for mine
yeah nah, pretending to throw a spear at the crowd is a bit dickheadish for mine, especially when you claim to want people to stop booing but then deliberately inciting them.

Well, Geelong were seemingly able to unlock some magical potential in Rhys Stanley by throwing him into the ruck; if they want Selwood I'm willing to accept that they see something in him worth paying for. Whatever it is, we're not getting it. But as things currently stand, if he does go for the 500k, it's either win-win or we come out on top.

My main worry is that losing Selwood dramatically increases the probability of retaining at least one of the other spuds on our list

Well, Geelong were seemingly able to unlock some magical potential in Rhys Stanley by throwing him into the ruck; if they want Selwood I'm willing to accept that they see something in him worth paying for. Whatever it is, we're not getting it. But as things currently stand, if he does go for the 500k, it's either win-win or we come out on top.

My main worry is that losing Selwood dramatically increases the probability of retaining at least one of the other spuds on our list

Or giving Waterman a crack. Or Duggan, or Cavka, or Nelson, or Lamb.......or Newman.

If we can have two late round 1 picks we either trade them for Bennell or use them on kids. 1 tall forward and another mid. Preferably one with skills and pace. We have accumulated some good runners but still no blistering pace.

I reckon we will get a second rounder and Jetta in a 3 way with Sydney.
He will probably play like a superstar at Geelong though. :drunk:
If you are referring to Ebert, i wouldn't say he is playing like a star. Accumulates more at Port than he did with us, but he still butchers the ball a ton and is quite soft during high intensity games.

If you are referring to Ebert, i wouldn't say he is playing like a star. Accumulates more at Port than he did with us, but he still butchers the ball a ton and is quite soft during high intensity games.
Few Port supporters starting to get the irrites with old Ebert nowadays...

BULLSHIT his kicking has improved out of site.
Probably the best two way runner in that side.
He is also the first one to stand up in there big games, you really haven't watch Port this much this year.

He is also the first one to stand up in there big games, you really haven't watch Port this much this year.
Yes I have actually. I have had Ebert in my fantasy team all year and pay particular attention to what he does. He still blazes away for distance out of a stoppage rather than try to handpass it around until an effective clearance can be made. Any tight game and Ebert generally goes missing.

Why are you so upset anyway?

Yes I have actually. I have had Ebert in my fantasy team all year and pay particular attention to what he does. He still blazes away for distance out of a stoppage rather than try to handpass it around until an effective clearance can be made. Any tight game and Ebert generally goes missing.

Why are you so upset anyway?

Sorry wasn't upset, but dont like people downgrading Ebert he is one of ports most important players these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ebert is a hack, have watched a bit of Port this year and he still has the same deficiencies he had with us

ie his disposal is very poor

Looks great on the stat sheet running hard to rack up touches, but his kicking and decision making continually let him down.

When he first went over he looked pretty good.

This year though as Port have fallen off so has Ebert in a big way. Damn near cost them a game or two with some shocking disposal and poor composure under pressure (sound familiar?).
Good player under no pressure.

Under pressure he is a poor mans Paddy Mc

Ebert is a good player. Still a little to error prone as others have mentioned. He matured a lot going to the Power. Id say hes there 5th best midfielder though. I think people are rating him against the best in the league when hes always been a rung below that.

Robbie Gray>Travis Boak>Ollie Wines>Chad Wingard>Brad Ebert>Hamish Hartlett

Ebert is a good player. Still a little to error prone as others have mentioned. He matured a lot going to the Power. Id say hes there 5th best midfielder though. I think people are rating him against the best in the league when hes always been a rung below that.

Robbie Gray>Travis Boak>Ollie Wines>Chad Wingard>Brad Ebert>Hamish Hartlett

From what I've seen he's really their only 2 way mid. Wingard (and Gray to a lesser extent) is not really playing midfield in a full time manner IMHO. I would not understate his importance. I'd say he's definitely had a better year than Wingard.

When he's onsite it's still s**t though.

From what I've seen he's really their only 2 way mid. Wingard (and Gray to a lesser extent) is not really playing midfield in a full time manner IMHO. I would not understate his importance. I'd say he's definitely had a better year than Wingard.
Yeah that's a fair call about Ebert. Most of Ports players are single minded. Boak is good both ways isn't he?. Wingard doesn't play as much as the rest in the middle but I thought Gray this year has played mostly in the middle hasn't he? I've dropped off watching them for the most part since there slide

Better year the Wingard? In several games this year Wingard has been the only reason Port has had a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back