List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Lure Adam over as Assistant coach and we'll have the box set;)!
Nab him as well as Dangerfield, and we have the inside grunt and stopper we're current lacking.

Need to create significant cap space

Rivers
Kelly
Enright
McIntosh
Stokes ?

Have to be agressive to remain at the top
I think you can add Johnson and Bartel to that list. I'm not as confident as others that they'll continue on either.

Not so much Johnson, but Jimmy is slowly down significantly.

The cap space will be there.

While I'd have no issue with bringing multiple quality FA's , we must acknowledge that it will not result in a pure top down add to the list , it will probably result in the loss of some one we rate and want to keep. Still we must endeavor to improve our list and FA is the quickest way to add PnP.
Danger may be our number 1 target , but we all know about targets.. they are moving and not always hit.

So would SS be a good add. Looking at 15 minutes of Fox they other night Freo V WC and SS was matched up on Fyfe after was playing well on him , anyone capable of that has to be worth a look. The issue is he is RFA , and there will be limited money to go round if we get Danger.
Jack Steven would be hand as well but same issue.

Its more likely to my mind to pickup another Blease type or a trade like Stanley (where we traded a good pick for a player of the needed age)

There's no doubt that he'd be a great fit at Geelong with his tackling and his defensive skills. He's got a bit of class about him aswell.

I understand that it is very unlikely, but if we could land both Selwood and Danger then that would take care of our midfield problems in one fell swoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no doubt that he'd be a great fit at Geelong with his tackling and his defensive skills. He's got a bit of class about him aswell.

I understand that it is very unlikely, but if we could land both Selwood and Danger then that would take care of our midfield problems in one fell swoop.
Kudos. Not many people now how to use this term with it's proper spelling.
Oh no!!! ^^^^
I hope that was an auto replace error, Son of God!!! ;)
Not many people know how to spell know either, know what I mean mate?
Know!
:p

If I was you, SOG, I'd be crying Foul. :D

I think you can add Johnson and Bartel to that list. I'm not as confident as others that they'll continue on either.

Not so much Johnson, but Jimmy is slowly down significantly.

The cap space will be there.

Jimmy is certainly slowing down , I'm hoping a leaner Jimmy will be rejuvenated in 2015 - just like Lewis and Hodge did after they leaned down for 2014.

Interesting reading the Eagles board discussing him. Almost a sense of ambivalence over whether he stays or goes.

It's because they think they won't finish top 4 and they think they will get band 1 compo which would equal a good pick. He is a good player but if they ended up with a top 10 pick they would be pretty happy with that.

FWIW I don't see him leaving the Eagles, much less likely to come than Dangerfield I reckon.

It's because they think they won't finish top 4 and they think they will get band 1 compo which would equal a good pick. He is a good player but if they ended up with a top 10 pick they would be pretty happy with that.

FWIW I don't see him leaving the Eagles, much less likely to come than Dangerfield I reckon.
How do YOU pick which players may or may not want to leave their clubs, PO? Just interested in someone else's method for working out who will leave and who will stay at any particular club.

I always see the fact that they want to leave their contract until later on in the season as a good starting point for my suspicions that all is NQR...
of course, that theory goes out the window as soon as they do sign mid-season :rolleyes: but it's the best method that I've got.

I just cannot see why players say that they can't physically sign on the dotted line because they 'want to concentrate on their development' or 'want to concentrate on getting over their injury', etc. etc. How many players sign with their feet, their shoulder, whatever? Pffft! It's just a delaying tactic. If I was Scott Selwood and I wanted to stay at the Eagles but was injured- as he is- I'd be signing pretty quick smart, while they still wanted me and on the back of a good 2012/3 or whenever it was, hoping they'd forget that I was injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back