List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah not at all - we dont even have electricity over here let alone Fox Footy.

Your sarcasm implies that you have watched him play for the last two years. I don't know whats more concerning your eye for talent or your lack of sense of humor.

He hasn't knocked back 500k the rumor is that geelong are offering 500k knowing WCE aren't willing to match it. I would be suprised if he got 300k if he was staying with us.

Your sarcasm implies that you have watched him play for the last two years. I don't know whats more concerning your eye for talent or your lack of sense of humor.

Ok, clearly you arent up for a chuckle today so I will cast aside my comedic aspirations. Of course i have seen him play - he is coming off a very serious injury and there is a fair risk in recruiting him due to the uncertainty as to whether he will regain his past form. My point is that he has never been as bad as you just described.

He hasn't knocked back 500k the rumor is that geelong are offering 500k knowing WCE aren't willing to match it. I would be suprised if he got 300k if he was staying with us.
and those "rumours" are always so accurate ....

500 next year and 200 the year after.
350k per year average for 2 year deal.

Done.

Go Catters

Oh ok. I thought that WCE kept increasing the offers to him in the hope that he would stay and he kept rejecting them. Hence, the Eagles believe he is gone as the offers were becoming too good to be true. Might be wrong but that's the version of events I heard.

He's form had been that bad. If you take out last weeks game when he was played purely out of necessity he was dropped twice and was the sub three times. We don't have any mids putting there hand up to play that's the only reason he's getting a gig. That or simmo is strategically playing him to pump up his compo value.

Truth is most fans see him as a list clogger I see it differently I view him as a valuable depth player. The fact you cat fans see him as an A grade midfielder boggles the mind.

He's form had been that bad. If you take out last weeks game when he was played purely out of necessity he was dropped twice and was the sub three times. We don't have any mids putting there hand up to play that's the only reason he's getting a gig. That or simmo is strategically playing him to pump up his compo value.

Truth is most fans see him as a list clogger I see it differently I view him as a valuable depth player. The fact you cat fans see him as an A grade midfielder boggles the mind.
Agree kind of. I don't think anyone sees him as a star but a player who isn't in a great place at the moment (and that's not necessarily WCE's fault) but has scope for improvement. No one is advocating that he will be a star. I think there is upside compared to his current output. There may be a number of factors but Geelong are obviously confident they can turn it around. He didn't become Vice Captain by being a list clogger.

You must be happy to see the back of him then. :thumbsu:

now that you've been boggled, you are welcome to leave our board.

shut the door on your way out ....

Well, Scott would be a B grader, wouldn't he? He was a second round draft pick - which would indicate his initial abilities.

But he will be an excellent role player AND role model. Tough, hard at it, tagger - just what we need - who will sacrifice himself to protect his brother and the likes of a young Cocky.

I don't see anyone here calling him an a grader. With our MF led by Sel ( elite A grade) there is a drop off to the next level or to down where you fond Guthrie, Caddy, Bartel, Mots, Duncan in varying degrees of ascension. AS such, this is where I see Scooter helping. I don't need him to do anything more than be defensive, which you've said he can do, and get the ball out.

And he must stay fit. And as you've stated, there is not point you keeping him as many of WC supporters think he's a hack. So then we can offer him less and less and you'll still let him leave. Thanks!

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Scott would be a B grader, wouldn't he? He was a second round draft pick - which would indicate his initial abilities.

But he will be an excellent role player AND role model. Tough, hard at it, tagger - just what we need - who will sacrifice himself to protect his brother and the likes of a young Cocky.

Well said.
In regard to the role model part, when Troy came across to guide the VFL team and learn the off field side of things, Geelong officials said: "You can never have too many Selwoods". They certainly rate them as the kind of people you want around a club.
That's the other part people forget. Although Scott would be leaving Adam at West Coast (who I understand still works there?) Scott wouldn't just be coming to play with Joel, he'll be around two of his brothers every day. After being apart for a very long time, and the planets seemingly aligning in regards to footy, (free agency/his position as West Coast) you can see why it looks like a good chance of happening.

if we didn't even gain Dangerfield, you would have to say gaining Scott Selwood would be one of the most successful acquisitions in recent times. I'd put him up there with Brad Ottens personally. He is 25 and a legitimate A grade talent. We wouldn't be talking about an also-ran who has the runs on the board. Scott has yet to reach his full potential and for one short period of time in his 130 game career, he was on track to being one of the best midfielders in the competition. It would be a bloody huge signing.
He won the Eagles best & fairest the year they played off for a place in the preliminary final. Ahead of names like Priddis, Glass, Kerr, Embley, Kennedy or Darling.

No risk with this one! :thumbsu:

Legitimate A grade talent.

I think we just like the idea of him playing alongside big bro. Who knows, Joel could turn him into an A grade mid, it's Joel Selwood after all :cool:

Scooter's had a bad year this year, but he's also coming back from a bad injury too. The WCE have been performing well so that's made it harder for him to break into the side as well to get time playing at the highest level. Personally, I don't see him as priority for the club. Mots & Dangerfield are priorities, if there's room in the cap & space on the list after that then they can consider some of these other guys like Scooter, Henderson, & Luenberger. I'm sure we won't get them all, as other clubs will be looking at these guys too and may be in a position to offer more money than us.

Although we have a large group of players gone at the seasons end, most of them are on the veterans list so not all their money is counted in the cap, so the space we will have in the cap won't be as big as you think. Big enough to pay Mots & Danger maybe, but after that not so much.

Well said. This is the absolute minimum that we will be getting. It doesn't sound too bad to me and chances are, we'll be getting a little bit more than that aswell.

Gotta love it that when a player looks like leaving (especially leaving as a fa) that said player is suddenly an overrated hack, not very good and any club willing to pay $x amount for him is overpaying. But if by some occurrence said player decides to stay with their original club, they are suddenly a very skilled player who has just had a poor year but a full pre-season and assured future will be the best thing for them.:rolleyes:

Gotta love it that when a player looks like leaving (especially leaving as a fa) that said player is suddenly an overrated hack, not very good and any club willing to pay $x amount for him is overpaying. But if by some occurrence said player decides to stay with their original club, they are suddenly a very skilled player who has just had a poor year but a full pre-season and assured future will be the best thing for them.:rolleyes:
Its human nature!!

He is a good fit on our list... that happens where a player is surplus on one list fit well at another. A , B , C Grade whatever thats just opinion.... but a couple of years he was a B&F winner so at that stage he was a good fit in your side. Id hope he could do that for us , or at the very least he help out Joel to be better.

Definitely going to geelong. Hope you're ready for a small, not very fast, bad kicking mid who likes to duck and gets caught constantly. If Joel is orchestrating this move I would be very concerned.

He can lay a tackle, whats that worth 500k.
If he is no good then you shouldn't care.... but from the amount of sand seeping out of your vagina in that post you seem a little upset

Remove this Banner Ad

Back