Scottish Independance

Remove this Banner Ad

its not gonna happen, youve heard it here first folks dont act surprised when it becomes and official 'no'

You're hardly the first.

I think the best bit of the result is that it was a pretty clear cut decision. 54% is a landslide, especially with such high turnout, and that makes the aftermath a lot easier.

its not gonna happen, youve heard it here first folks dont act surprised when it becomes and official 'no'
I've been saying that it would fail since they announced it, final margin will give the NO vote a touch over 56%. Honestly not a surprising result, a few electorates posted different numbers than what was expected though.

I've been saying that it would fail since they announced it, final margin will give the NO vote a touch over 56%. Honestly not a surprising result, a few electorates posted different numbers than what was expected though.
i have a Scottish mate who thinks its the worst F***ing idea he has seen, and he says he is not alone in that thinking

i have a Scottish mate who thinks its the worst F***ing idea he has seen, and he says he is not alone in that thinking
Lived in Edinburgh for 2 years, couldn't think of a single logical reason why they would want it. Scottish independence makes about the same level of sense as Tasmania succeeding from Australia. The economy is propped up by funding from Westminster and thankfully a majority of Scots realised this.

Realistically the yes campaign needed to be polling at around 55% in the lead up to have a chance of winning. Voters on the edge are always going to break heavily in favour of maintaining the status quo.

I live in Scotland and i have to say i'm surprised it's a no to be honest. The overwhelming majority of people i spoke to wanted independence. People had Yes signs up in their windows, Yes signs everywhere.

I think it was the right result in the end. Enough support to tell Westminster not to ignore Scotland, but not enough for the result to be contentious.
Realistically the yes campaign needed to be polling at around 55% in the lead up to have a chance of winning. Voters on the edge are always going to break heavily in favour of maintaining the status quo.
Probably even 60%. You need real popular support to get enough people to actually vote against the status quo when it comes to momentous decisions like this.

I think it was the right result in the end. Enough support to tell Westminster not to ignore Scotland, but not enough for the result to be contentious.

Probably even 60%. You need real popular support to get enough people to actually vote against the status quo when it comes to momentous decisions like this.
Bolded part is spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think there will be another vote for independance for Scotland in our lifetime. I think Scotland will be happy with more devolved powers if what the government says is true.

I wonder what the Poms will think about the Scots and presumably the Welsh and North Irish getting all these extra rights?

I live in Scotland and i have to say i'm surprised it's a no to be honest. The overwhelming majority of people i spoke to wanted independence. People had Yes signs up in their windows, Yes signs everywhere.

Time for you to re-assess who you associate with. You coulds be suffering from groupthink. Get out of your comfort zone and meet new people.

Time for you to re-assess who you associate with. You coulds be suffering from groupthink. Get out of your comfort zone and meet new people.

No, thanks. I'm pretty comfortable with the people i associate with. I was just make a general statement based on my experience with the people around here, so cut out the condescending shite.

I wonder what the Poms will think about the Scots and presumably the Welsh and North Irish getting all these extra rights?

I have had the same English who were fearful the Scots would vote Yes yesterday now complaining about all the extra funding and rights that will be devolved to them to protect the union. Hopeless.

Silent majority very much on display. YES was always going to be the more energised side.

****s sake Scotland. Renton was right.

trainspotting-15.jpg

Chances are if you are under 55, you and your circle of friends/colleagues/acquaintances voted for independence over staying with the Union. That would explain Ed_Gein's experience more than anything this else I'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back