FTA-TV Scream

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A TV series on MTV based on the famous movies has just started. I watched the first episode today and enjoyed it. Anyone else know of this one?

10411732_655702831231572_3242515676766734387_n.jpg

I enjoyed it, very much looking forward to episode 2. I don't know what to expect but I am sucked in. It deffenitly pays tribute to the original trilogy (or 4th.. I guess) has potential.

Enjoyed Episode 2 last night. It seems that most episodes will begin with a death and end with a phone call to Emma. I loved that last scene with Emma and the killer posing as a worker from the security company, really paid homage to the famous opening scene of the Scream movie with Drew Barrymore. (beautifully summed up in this article: http://www.mtv.com/news/2200629/mtv-scream-drew-barrymore-emma-comparison/ )

Right now my favourite character is Noah.

Started watching this and I really like it! I mean, the links to Scream itself are pretty weak, and they overdo the meta stuff to try to make that connection, but I enjoy the characters, especially Noah and Audrey.

I suspect the killer is the reporter working with Audrey. Not sure why.

Vale Wes Craven. I wonder how his passing affects this show?

Final killer predictions before the season finale tomorrow? I have a feeling there are 2 killers but only 1 will be revealed tomorrow, leaving the spree open to head into the second season.

Hard to choose...

I'll say Piper (Maggie/Brandon's daughter) is working with Noah. Piper revealed tomorrow.

Wait...

Gah, mind is changing constantly. Sign of a good whodunit.

Just finished watching the finale and I'm glad I stuck with it until the end cause I enjoyed it. I really look forward to it returning for a second season in 2016.

What did others think of the killer reveal and the ending of the season?

What did others think of the killer reveal and the ending of the season?
I was a little underwhelmed with the reveal, because I really didn't want the killer to be who it was. But the episode was excellent, perhaps the best of the season. The whole house scene felt very much like the climax to Scream, with a bit of Scream 4 thrown in there. Noah's lines, especially "I won't be right back", were hilarious without taking away from the tension.

I am also excited for a Jake redemption arc next season.

I was a little underwhelmed with the reveal, because I really didn't want the killer to be who it was. But the episode was excellent, perhaps the best of the season. The whole house scene felt very much like the climax to Scream, with a bit of Scream 4 thrown in there. Noah's lines, especially "I won't be right back", were hilarious without taking away from the tension.

I am also excited for a Jake redemption arc next season.

As much as I enjoyed the finale, most people had already suspected Piper so it was no real surprise that she was the killer but I did like the confrontation scene at the pier.

Also it looked like it was revealed that Audrey was the second killer, which would make sense for a number of reasons. To be honest I never really liked Audrey that much but I'm interested in seeing which direction Season 2 will go in with Audrey's likely involvement in the killings.

And Noah and Brooke were my favourites so I'm happy they both survived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am a massive fan of the Scream films and must say, I was pleasantly surprised with how enjoyable it was and how well they tried to capture the same 'Scream' feel throughout the series.

Looking forward to S02!
The finale at the house felt especially 'Scream-like'

Will probably watch season 2, season 1 was decent without being anything special. Didn't see Audrey being involved but had Piper pegged as the killer from about episode 3 from memory.

If they keep going down the social media path, hopefully they get some screenwriters who are under 50 this time. Some of the social media dialogue in season 1 was just super cringeworthy.

Who's seen the Season 2 premier? I thought it was good without being spectacular. Bit like Round 1 of the footy season, even if it's not that breath-taking, it's still great to have it back.

Ended on a bit of a cliffhanger though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back