Scruffydog v Cancer, rnd 2 (Latest: Scruffydog doing 'World's greatest shave')

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't feel like making a whole new thread for this, as I certainly don't have the presence here that Didaka obviously did, but never-the-less I have spoken (or at least PM'd etc) several people in regards to the cancer I had 5 years ago, so I figure they deserve an update.

Today I was told that my Hodgkin's Lymphoma had resurfaced. It is down my left side, in lymph nodes next to my lung, and possibly (hopefully not - biopsy next week to confirm) in my liver.

Last time I was diagnosed, I was super confident and cocky that I would beat it.

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to admit that this time around, I am less confident.

Those of you who had questions for me last time, I would be happy to answer them via PM (or I'll make a new thread if necessary - I obviously don't want to hijack this one, as this is for Didak's struggle, not mine) as I did before.

Mod Edit: Created new thread with OP's consent.

I don't feel like making a whole new thread for this, as I certainly don't have the presence here that Didaka obviously did, but never-the-less I have spoken (or at least PM'd etc) several people in regards to the cancer I had 5 years ago, so I figure they deserve an update.

Today I was told that my Hodgkin's Lymphoma had resurfaced. It is down my left side, in lymph nodes next to my lung, and possibly (hopefully not - biopsy next week to confirm) in my liver.

Last time I was diagnosed, I was super confident and cocky that I would beat it.

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to admit that this time around, I am less confident.

Those of you who had questions for me last time, I would be happy to answer them via PM (or I'll make a new thread if necessary - I obviously don't want to hijack this one, as this is for Didak's struggle, not mine) as I did before.

That Sucks Mate.

Yeah getting it a 2nd Time would put you Down a ton.

We hope you beat it the 2nd Time Mate:thumbsu:

Thanks all. It means a lot.

I was a cocky bastard the first time around. Never even put a moment's thought into not beating it. This time it's not so easy. But, I may fall back on old over-confident ways.

I will say this though, I've done a lot of good things in the past 5 years since I beat it the first time, including seeing our Pies win a flag. A lot of good came out of the last 5 years.

I was a cocky bastard the first time around. Never even put a moment's thought into not beating it. This time it's not so easy. But, I may fall back on old over-confident ways.

I will say this though, I've done a lot of good things in the past 5 years since I beat it the first time, including seeing our Pies win a flag. A lot of good came out of the last 5 years.

And you'll live to see their next one too. :thumbsu: All the best good luck.

Mate, I hope you can stay positive. From experience with cancer in the family it helps a lot and IMO makes a big difference. Never give up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One last post before I leave this thread, I'm creating a blog to chronicle my struggle this time around. I'm also hoping it gives people some idea of what's involved, especially those who themselves have been recently diagnosed and don't know what to expect.

For those interested, you can find the blog here: http://shaysemmens.wordpress.com

Again, I really appreciate your support.

Find that feeling again mate. As a fellow arrogant lad, it never hurts to be confidant.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts.

One breath at a time, one step at a time, one day at a time and fight every moment. You had what it took five years ago find it again. My mother-in-law has been fighting cancer for over twenty years - it still hasn't beaten her!

Thanks guys.

Looks like it was decided that I was to get my own thread, which is fair enough.

Also, I've made a new post on my blog. It's about getting a PET scan. If you've had one before, there'll be very little new info for you. If you ever have to get one, it will hopefully be informative.

Thanks guys.

Looks like it was decided that I was to get my own thread, which is fair enough.

Also, I've made a new post on my blog. It's about getting a PET scan..

"The dye they inject is radioactive though, so I assume there’s some sort of risk of gaining superpowers."

Did lol :D Very brave to talk about this to a bunch of strangers, i applaud you and hope everything goes well just like the 1st fight

Best of luck mate, I think that writing a blog this time round is definitely a smart move. We can be confident for you this time, you'll deadset beat the s**t out of it again, no worries ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back