Scruffydog v Cancer, rnd 2 (Latest: Scruffydog doing 'World's greatest shave')

Remove this Banner Ad

Are these things you did just in 2013?

That was my 2013 'to do' list. The As are things I managed to do, the Fs are things I failed to do.

Obviously I did other things throughout the year that weren't on the list, as the list was finalized in January 2013.

I heard it got hot out there. Bats dropping dead out of the trees from heat stress. Kids burning themselves on play equipment.

My parents had a possum in their loungeroom for 5 days taking advantage of the air con after they found it wandering in the front yard during the day, overheated. It had 2 baby possume in its pouch (and occassionally out of the pouch, climbing all over it). They're out in the trees somewhere now.

Here's my 2013 list which I mentioned earlier, completed ...

A tip for the writing stuff if you're intending to carrying it over into 2014 ...

Some local libraries and community centres host creative writing groups. I did that in 2012 and it was a lot of fun - a wonderfully interesting group of people with a story to tell. Some of the writing was excruciatingly bad (think aspiring 'Mills and Boon' authors) and some was gold. It was very different to what an online experience provides.

Worth checking out - it's not for everyone, and each group has their own culture that you may / may not enjoy.

Another personal development activity I'd highly recommend is Toastmasters. It's pigeon-holed into being a 'speech making group, but it's so much more than that. They do activities that help you think on the spot, articulate an argument, give feedback, etc, etc. There are Toastmasters clubs everywhere (google it) and they all have their own culture / age demographic / level of being easy going, etc, etc. They usually allow visitors to come along and check it out for three free meetings before they're expected to join. Membership is usually a small fee (around $120 a year from memory). Check it out.

I heard it got hot out there. Bats dropping dead out of the trees from heat stress. Kids burning themselves on play equipment.
Quicky it was shocking mate,I don,t know about the Bat,s I would not be surprised though but it did my poor old Labrador no favours I can tell you.

Other than that, everything is carrying on pretty much as normal. This week is somewhat hellish due to 7:30am starts, but again, that will all be explained in due time. I had a PET scan yesterday and actually fell asleep inside the machine. I remember a Queen song came on and then next minute it was a Gold FM commercial so I’d obviously fallen asleep. The machine operators didn’t say anything and I’m hoping they didn’t notice. I just have to hope the results from this scan are as positive as the last one.

That would make the Scan go Quicker;)

Hope the Scan goes well

I have never had cancer, or known anyone close to me that has had it, however it has always been a fear of mine.

Your blog and the information it provides, as well as your positive attitude and sense of humor throughout it all has been pretty inspiring and it's helped me feel a lot more at peace with anything bad that may happen in the future.

Keep it up scruffy ur a champ !

I have never had cancer, or known anyone close to me that has had it, however it has always been a fear of mine.

Your blog and the information it provides, as well as your positive attitude and sense of humor throughout it all has been pretty inspiring and it's helped me feel a lot more at peace with anything bad that may happen in the future.

Keep it up scruffy ur a champ !

Well that's the main point of the blog, so it's good to hear it's serving its purpose. Cheers :)

The Austin Hospital in Heidelberg.

The only reason i ask is that I supervise medical trainees during various parts of the year who are doing clincal placements in emergency depts all around victoria. In melbourne is is mainly at the Epworth or Frankston though.

The only reason i ask is that I supervise medical trainees during various parts of the year who are doing clincal placements in emergency depts all around victoria. In melbourne is is mainly at the Epworth or Frankston though.
What sort of medical trainees?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were right Shay that was quite gruesome reading mate but it,s all good if you are heading in the right direction:thumbsu:.
What happens now Shay,do you finish this round of Chemo and then they continue testing you on an annual basis,as Jerry said it is some positive news and that is great to hear.

Keep fighting on mate and go the Pies.

You were right Shay that was quite gruesome reading mate but it,s all good if you are heading in the right direction:thumbsu:.
What happens now Shay,do you finish this round of Chemo and then they continue testing you on an annual basis,as Jerry said it is some positive news and that is great to hear.

Keep fighting on mate and go the Pies.

Don't know really. I have one more cycle and then they'll work out where to go from there. I just go along for the ride.

Don't know really. I have one more cycle and then they'll work out where to go from there. I just go along for the ride.

Hopefully once you have this past you everything in life will seem so much better, the bad times can make the good times seem even better. If that makes sense.

Good luck with everything :thumbsu:

Actually I broke up with my long term girlfriend, so yayyy life.

But otherwise, health is good and while I'm still pretty tired (I was told the other day I might be exhausted for another 5 months - oh God) things are going fine :) Cheers.

But otherwise, health is good and while I'm still pretty tired (I was told the other day I might be exhausted for another 5 months - oh God) things are going fine :) Cheers.
Sounds like things are going well. Great to hear. (Except the girlfriend bit;)) I've enjoyed reading your blogs. Very much an eye opener for someone who hasn't had to ever deal with cancer that closely. You have a great deal of courage and my hats goes off to you.:thumbsu:

Sad to hear you Broke up with your Misses:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back