Official Match Thread Season 16 Round 3: Baghdad Bombers V Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3
4rt1ub.jpg
V
iemntj.jpg
@ Abdu Prison
Last time they met: Season 15 Preliminary Final, Fighting Furies 14.11.95 defeated the Baghdad Bombers 13.13.91
Fighting Furies
Form: Last year’s Grand Finalist have not gotten off to the start they wanted in the first two weeks of season 16. The Furies had a heart-breaking first round loss to the East Side Hawks by just a point before getting smashed by the Roys in a 47 points loss at their home ground. To say that the Furies need to win this one is an understatement.​
The Main-Event: Eagleoz83
Last season’s OkeyJoke medallist has gotten off to a fantastic start for the Furies so far this season. He’s currently averaging just under 25 disposals a game and sees himself third in the league for leather poisoning as well as second in the league for tackles with the tally being 15 at this moment in time. This midfield gun is already in the running for the Moobs medal but needs to get the rest of his team’s motivation up so that they can actually win a game.​
The X-Factor: rfctigerarmy
An interesting pick for the X-Factor for the Furies this week but there is one special reason why. This week will be this man’s 282nd game in the SFA to break the record for most games ever in the SFA that was previously held by the great EKA. If this milestone doesn't get the Furies up for this one then I don’t know what will.​
Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): Filthy Sanchez
While averaging a modest 16.5 disposals a game he hasn't done much else this season so far. Now I know the Furies captain is getting out there and trying his best but he needs to motivate his troops and get them back into the same groove that got them into the Grand Final before disaster happens and they end up with a 0-3 hole that will be hard to come back from. I’m rooting for you big fella.​
Baghdad Bombers
Form: Not the start the proud Bombers wanted to get off to. For the first time since Season 11 the Bombers have lost the first two encounters for the season and they need to desperately win this one to kick off their start for another finals run. In round one they lost in a tight battle to their Season 14 rivals the Mt Buller Demons, a week later losing to the hated Hawks by 14 points. Both tight loses that shouldn't hurt their confidence but this game is an important one for the Bombers.​
The Main-Event: ThePuppetMaster
A nice start so far from the star in the Bombers midfield, TPM. Averaging 22.5 disposals per game while being in the top 15 in tackles and averaging a goal a game from the middle has seen TPM talked about as one of the elite midfielders in the competition. A few more wins from the Bombers will enhance those comments and I believe it will happen very soon.​
The X-Factor: saintkildaman
On the hedges of blossoming into a star. If there was a game to show everyone how good he is and shut the haters up then this is the game! The retirement of Shadow Man has seen SKM take a stand and put his hand up for one of the leading positions on the field and he is taking that responsibility head on.​
Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): beez
After losing their first two games of the season in both tight contests you can tell that the Bombers needed the leadership of the former captain beez to calm them down and get the job done. Only problem is that he’s suspended and still is. This is a big loss for the Bombers and hopefully the damage won’t be too bad for them when the star comes back to the team.​
Prediction: Furies by 6​
Attention Captains! Teams are to be submitted by Friday at 9 p.m AEST. Please tag boncer34 when submitting your line-ups.

How does crossing the road end our lives? Wouldn't we have to wait on the road until something mowed us down?

Silly PuppetMaster.

You're right, I was silly - it was an oversight on my part to assume you would be able to recognize something which would kill you..

You would, of course, need to be pushed!

The Fuzzies can start quaking in fear.

How do magnets work?

The question all the flogs ask a Juggalo ninja. They think it's a funny line from the song "miracles" but really they're rapping about my sick skills at finding the pill.

I'm a wicked clown ninja ball magnet and I'll be looking to work my way into the midfield for my debut game here.

During my enforced suspension I've gotten into a bit of a routine at Abdu. weights training, flog the prisoners, endurance training, oppressing females, goal kicking practice... gotta be a devoted disciple to this new way I've life I've found in the middle east.
Bomber fans will get to see their WGAF Cup hero in action. I expect a capacity crowd.

This is gonna be all too easy. :D

And it's on.

Must win game for us Bombers. 0-2 and possibly in a more precarious situation than we have been in for a few years. 0-3 would be very very tough to fight back from.

After two tight hard-fought losses, a win against the Furies is essential. And opening the game up would be a good start! We are back at the Prison and need to use this advantage.

The Furies' strength is undoubtedly their midfield. They have pace and skill throughout the engine room. But the Bombers have them covered for depth and around the ground. If our midfielders can keep pace with theirs, we should win this game. But if we are outclassed out of the middle, it could be a long day.

Massive game for Bengwatkins who is has established himself off the field but is still finding his niche on it. Sensational in week 1, he had a down week in round 2. I also feel as if Gee Dub will be looking to lead the side strongly this week. Needs to win more contested footy to give our outside runners first use.

But the game breaker for me will be ThePuppetMaster . Had an amazing season last year and needs to recapture his absolute best to bring the Bombers into the season with our first win.

Stop the midfield, stop the Furies!

And it's on.

Must win game for us Bombers. 0-2 and possibly in a more precarious situation than we have been in for a few years. 0-3 would be very very tough to fight back from.

After two tight hard-fought losses, a win against the Furies is essential. And opening the game up would be a good start! We are back at the Prison and need to use this advantage.

The Furies' strength is undoubtedly their midfield. They have pace and skill throughout the engine room. But the Bombers have them covered for depth and around the ground. If our midfielders can keep pace with theirs, we should win this game. But if we are outclassed out of the middle, it could be a long day.

Massive game for Bengwatkins who is has established himself off the field but is still finding his niche on it. Sensational in week 1, he had a down week in round 2. I also feel as if Gee Dub will be looking to lead the side strongly this week. Needs to win more contested footy to give our outside runners first use.

But the game breaker for me will be ThePuppetMaster . Had an amazing season last year and needs to recapture his absolute best to bring the Bombers into the season with our first win.

Stop the midfield, stop the Furies!

Don't tell me what to do, especially when you're calling me soft. I'm our tackling king, just ask Bengwatkins.

Don't tell me what to do, especially when you're calling me soft. I'm our tackling king, just ask Bengwatkins.
SKM's sister mentioned you were pretty soft so I took it as gospel (I have just derailed this thread entirely and it is only Tuesday. I should ban myself from this thread).

I'll leave the stopping to the opposition thanks.

I chase nobody. When I did that I just looked bad getting 2nd to the contest to guys like WGS. Now I just seek out the footy and move it on without fuss. Sometimes you have to ride a big bump but all you can do is pop right back up and keep winning the footy.

one thing I'll never understand okey is how your teammates put up with you. The above tripe is so arrogant and distatesful, as if Bengwatkins needs to prove himself to the almighty okeyjoke. Get a grip mate. I love how you still think your still relevant, in 2 games Bengwatkins has surpassed you, the only place your thoughts still mean something is in your crazy little head.

It's no suprise that without you the Bombers win Premierships, with you you're nothing more than pretenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow didn't even see this. Only backs up my point :cool:

Well of course you didn't see it. boncer34 is such a poor admin (;)) that he didn't organise a television deal so nobody saw my bone crunching performances in the last two weeks. Looks like we didn't miss much by not seeing you guys though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back