Official Match Thread Season 16 Round 3: Southern Dragons V Mt Buller Demons @ Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3

2r2yyah.jpg
V
1zxtzb6.jpg

@ Dragon Island

Last time they met: Season 15 Round 11, Mt Buller Demons 17.21.123 defeated the Southern Dragons 14.8.92

Southern Dragons

Form: You would hate to be a Dragons supporter wouldn’t you? After a promising season 15 but yet another finals collapse the Dragons are looking the same as they did this time last season. Will they surge again like last season or just give up hope? They had a tough game in Round 1 against the now re-entered Swamprats and lost by 12 points before losing this past Monday to the reigning champs, the West Coast Wonders by a mere 3 points. This is a must win for the Dragons.

The Main-Event: Ljp86
The main man at the Dragons is still dominating after being in the league for soo many years. The former two time Moobs medallist is off to a solid start this season, averaging an impressive 26 disposals a game. Another big game is in store for the Dragons captain but I’m sure for him it will be a lot more rewarding with the Dragons first win for the season.

The X-Factor: MD
This guy owes the Dragons big time after missing last week’s game due to suspension. The dominating ruckman is fresh from the week off and I believe he is going to have a huge game to lift the Dragons spirits. A lot is on stake for him and the Dragons and hopefully his suspension doesn’t cost them in the long run.

Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): Pie 4 Life
Only 4 goals to start the season, P4L needs to get big bag of goals to show he hasn’t lost it after years of service to the Dragons. Had the chance to seal the game last week against the Wonders but missed his opportunities and he will be hoping to redeem himself from that.

Mt Buller Demons

Form: Promising to disaster in the space of two weeks for the Demons. After a great 9 point win against the Bombers heavyweights they go on to lose to the lowly Gumbies by 29 points. A loss to the struggling Dragons could make the Demons lose hope soo early in the season, they need to make a statement here.

The Main-Event: lanky_wes
I feel kind of ashamed that I don’t know much about this guy because he is dominating the league at the moment. He leads the league in disposals, averaging 27 per game while leading the league in tackles and kicking an impressive 4 goals. Certainly no one to take lightly and a frontrunner for the Moobs medal.

The X-Factor: Eth
This game is begging for the Demons captain to have a big game. With an uneven start to the season he need to bring out everything he’s got and lift his troops to an impressive victory. It’s not easy for any first year captain but if any guy can do it then it’s Eth.

Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): Rhodesy_Blues
Three goals for the full-forward so far this season is just not good enough if the Demons want to make some noise this season. Sure it’s not only on him to kick the goals but when he’s the number 1 target then you have to produce. It’s only the start of the season so we’ll have to see how RB goes but he definitely needs to lift for his team.

Prediction: Dragons by 18

Attention Captains! Teams are to be submitted by Friday at 9p.m AEST. Please tag Boncer when submitting your line-ups.

Atonement is the key word for this match Dragons.

The Demons are notorious fast starters to begin a new season, and we all know what happened after their first loss last year after starting 4-0.

Once they lose that momentum, it seems to go pear shaped. A big chance to repeat the dose here Boys.

Total annihilation of the Dragons to be added on Monday.
Highly unlikely.

If you can't manage to defeat a side who only won for games for the entire season 15, I'm not sure how you'll manage to compete against a side who played in last season's finals series.

Heh, I first saw PVF post the thread and I was like 's**t, the Dragons outside a finals environment, we might have some sort of contest on our hands'. I then realised we've won seven of our past nine against them and that they're in shite form already this season.

The stars are aligning. And we'll be dancing to victory.

tumblr_lz9lrmyzyj1rn95k2o1_400.gif

(Probably dancing on the field too. Depends on how slow you are to tackle us.)

Atonement is the key word for this match Dragons.

The Demons are notorious fast starters to begin a new season, and we all know what happened after their first loss last year after starting 4-0.

Once they lose that momentum, it seems to go pear shaped. A big chance to repeat the dose here Boys.

It's only round 3, and by your calculations, it's still in the period of our fast start.

Only this time we've made precautions to not burn out as the season progresses, luckily we don't have to worry about them against you guys.

Demons by the amount of game Deestroy has played.

Heh, I first saw PVF post the thread and I was like 's**t, the Dragons outside a finals environment, we might have some sort of contest on our hands'. I then realised we've won seven of our past nine against them and that they're in shite form already this season.

The stars are aligning. And we'll be dancing to victory.
We'd won 7 of our previous 9 against the Wonders as well, with them coming off an average pre-season campaign, alas past results didn't auger well for us either.

I Guess past records count for little entering a new season. That dance might turn into an evening two step.....

We'd won 7 of our previous 9 against the Wonders as well, with them coming off an average pre-season campaign, alas past results didn't auger well for us either.

I Guess past records count for little entering a new season. That dance might turn into an evening two step.....
I dunno. You guys sucked before this season and you still suck now.
Wait, when did you take that footage of Gibbsy dancing?
That's [user]Gibbsy[/user]?

He's become a little, uh, porky. The wing might not suit him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we both suck together, with your cheeks just that tad wider. That's on the proviso of your failure to make the finals last season, and your failure - just like the Dragons - to win an SFA premiership, despite participating in the league for a longer period......

I guess we're in the same boat....well almost yours is about to sink.

The Demons are notorious fast starters to begin a new season
I'll think you'll find this is a factually incorrect post, I can't let it slide through to the keeper.

Go Dees! Woo!

I guess we both suck together, with your cheeks just that tad wider. That's on the proviso of your failure to make the finals last season, and your failure - just like the Dragons - to win an SFA premiership, despite participating in the league for a longer period......

I guess we're in the same boat....well almost yours is about to sink.
Raise your hand if your team's won a final. :)

*Demons and Dragons both collectively raise their hands, the Demons in answer to the question and the Dragons to hold their heads in utter shame*

Raise your hand if your team's won a final. :)

*Demons and Dragons both collectively raise their hands, the Demons in answer to the question and the Dragons to hold their heads in utter shame*
I don't want to bring up the record you currently hold in a grand final, so I'll move right along.:)

Do we suck goodly?
That's [user]Gibbsy[/user]?

He's become a little, uh, porky. The wing might not suit him.
Yeah, he took a liking to the wing so much he bought a lot of chicken wings at KFC. Lunch and dinner. Skipped on breakfast.
The reason why he was inactive was because he was in a straight jacket. Poor guy. He's better now, aren't you Gibbsy *rustles hair* :D

It's well overdue to click this week boys.

We're edging closer to a win, unfortunately its the Demons who have to face a fired up Dragons outfit.

What's the Dragon's record in Grand Finals? How many have they made, after all?
Bastard, I saw the alert typing up as I was about to post the same thing. Great minds think alike.

I s'pose we won't stop dancing. Just practising for the game, you know. Mostly clearance work. I find nobody can tackle us anyway.

tumblr_mazkr8XqI11qcfmw3.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back