Official Match Thread Season 18 Sweet FA Grand Final: Fighting Furies vs. Mt Buller Demons @ Okey's Outhouse

Remove this Banner Ad

38222_5badd2c068e56c59e49e06fcce9334bf.png

9nyMORt.png

VS

01MainHeader.gif

If you look at this Grand Final on the surface it appears to be one of the least inspiring match ups we've had for a number of seasons. It will all come down to 3rd vs 5th from the H&A season. However if you scratch only a little bit below the surface, you notice there are a number of intriguing plots to be played out in this week's Grand Final.

First let us focus on the Furies. This is a team that has won 4 previous premierships in the SFA in seasons 5, 8, 10 and 11. However since their last triumph in Season 11 (when they were the undisputed best team in the history of the competition), the Furies have claimed 2 wooden spoons and 2 second last finishes consigning their golden era to the hearts and memories of the Furies faithful. If they win here, however, the bleak period for the Furies will be over and they will once again be the undisputed best team in the history of the competition.

But enough of the past lets look closer at this season; The Furies compiled an impressive 10-7 record throughout the regular season with their percentage of 114.86% being the best in the competition by approximately 3.5% which indicates that when they win they tend to win big and when they lose it is only by narrow margins. This record has occurred due to a number of factors, their number one recruit Uncle_Leo being one of them. A lot was made of Leo's off-season movement to the Furies from the Dragons and he has answered critics by having an impressive season where he finished fourth in the Alf-Andrews kicking 64 goals for the season (of course this is 6 less then the Dragons FF who he believes he should have replaced at Dragon Island but still a nice effort from the young man). Capped off of course by his 6 goals in the Furies' preliminary final victory over his former side.

Another key cog that has got the Furies to the big dance is This Is Anfield. He was the competitions clear disposal winner during the regular season, racking up 13 touches more than anyone else in the competition. For a team that has never managed to have a Mobbenfuhrer medalist, the bookies have the young man red hot favourite. There is no doubt, though, that he would happily give up his chance at the medal if it meant the Furies were to get up on Sunday night. TIA has been a revelation on the field for the Furies, the only flaw many still argue is his posting ability but in the game of Qooty that counts for naught and no doubt he'll be here all week telling you just how good he is.

But perhaps the most intriguing story for the Furies going into this weeks Grand Final is none other than their much maligned captain fumbler. I've lost track of how many times this bloke has been called the worst captain in the competition but for all the hate this Sunday he has the chance to forever be known as Premiership Captain Fumbler. Many would say this is a travesty when blokes such as Ljp86 and so have never won a premiership but the reality is he has worked just as hard as all the blokes before him and if he wins and gains the title it will be 100% deserved. In fact I like to look at it as proof that in the SFA anything can happen, even a bloke who has copped as much s**t as Fumbler can still win so if your looking for a reason to support the Furies this Sunday then look no further then how Fumbler has conducted himself in the face of all the bullshit this season and really the question has to be asked would the Royals be in the GF this Sunday if they'd given the captaincy to the deserving Fumbler instead of the usurpers?

But enough on the Furies, lets talk about the team on the other side of the ledger. Formerly known as Team Pump, the Mount Buller Demons have been around from day dot. They're almost as old as Freakie. But if the Furies are the potential poster boys for greatness then the Demons are without a shadow of a doubt the poster boys for mediocrity and failure. You may think I'm being harsh with that call but the reality is that despite existing for 18 seasons now the Demons haven't won a flag. In fact,Eth can already call himself their most successful captain after securing a minor premiership last year and the GF this year meaning he is one up on Juggalo Balla. (I think Juggs will correct if I'm wrong). But again enough of the past lets focus on recent history for the Demons.

Last year was the Demon's year, they had the Mobbenfuhrer Medalist, they had the Minor Premiership, they had the chicks, the power, the money... but what they didn't have was a finals victory and they ended up crashing out in straight sets. They had appeared to have put the result behind them though in the first four rounds of this season starting with a perfect 4-0 record before running into their Grand Final opponents in Round 5 and being hammered. After that their form was patchy at best before a 4 game streak between 12-15 again saw them go 4-0 which again was ended by the Furies, they then lost the last game of the season and for many all hope was lost. But the Demons proved the doubters wrong thumping a pathetically lead East Side Hawks who are clearly yearning for their leaders of yesteryear before rolling the top two ranked sides for the season; the Gumbies in the Semi final and the Bandits in the Prelim.

But who have been the men behind the Demons push to the Grand Final this season? Well we can't start this list off without mentioning the old timer in cooney. The Season 13 Mobbenfuhrer medalist has been written off more times than he can count, but despite this he is still bouncing around dominating the field. It is more on field then off these days, but in the game of Qooty it is the on field behavior that makes you a legend. Considered too old and slow for the modern game, the former midfielder Cooney has reinvented himself as a go to Full Forward in recent times and managed to kick 68 goals during the H&A season. But his finest effort of the year is without a doubt the 8 goal haul he managed in the Preliminary final against the Bandits. While his opposite number for that game,Bengwatkins, is all about the personal glory, Cooney has always been a team player. It was no surprise in the biggest game of their careers that Cooney was the one that came out on top.

Another sentimental favorite for the Demons to push forward for their fans this weekend is the much loved leader Eth. As stated earlier the man is without a doubt the most successful Demons captain of all time and if ever there deserved to be a man win a flag it is no doubt the long standing Demons captain. This man was brought into this league under one flog who vanished after having a sook and was then forced to endure the leadership of another flog before finally being given the chance to lead the club to greatness. His astute recruiting of Footypie and Smarty Pants is the stuff of geniuses and both of them will be integral players on Sunday night if the Demons happen to get up. Similar to cooney Eth is also a Mobbenfuhrer medalist but he has never tasted Premiership glory, no doubt he would give up his Mobbs medal, his Deestroy medals and his All-SFA Guernsey if it meant that victory on Sunday was guaranteed. While he does play a quieter role in the on-field aspect and is no longer the Demons number 1 go to midfielder there is no doubt Eth is a star and will dominate the match thread during the week. He may even wind back the clock a few seasons to give us a taste of the Eth from Season 14.

Finally 2 vital pieces in the Demons puzzle on Sunday night will be Footypie32 and lanky_wes. These two have formed one of the great on ball divisions this season with a real chance both of them will be Mobbs medalists at the end of Season 18. Lanky_wes last seasons winner of the medal has been in fine form this season and has continued his push into the elite category of SFA players this season. His posting has improved and he would be considered a real shot at the Deestroy Medal on Sunday night so check the bookies odds. In fact Footypie may be the only Demon able to knock Lanky off as favorite for the Deestroy medal, the man has been on fire this season always hovering near the top of the disposal count in what must be considered a break out season for him. Maybe I've never noticed him before or maybe he's genuinely improved either way Footypie is now pushing the elite category of the SFA. If the Furies are not careful on Sunday night he may just run rampant.

But enough of the history and the important players and all that crap, lets get to the nuts and bolts of this OP. Who is going to win the GF on Sunday? Well clearly the sentimental favorites will be the Demons. The Furies can claim this is wrong all they want but the Demons are the Western Bulldogs of the league. They are everyone's second team and the side everyone says they want to win the flag other then their own, hell if the Furies weren't in this one then I'd be a million bucks they'd be backing the Demons in. But sentiment can only get you so far in the SFA. The Fighting Furies as a club are known as winners. They have been to the top of the summit four times already and have a real shot to one up the Wonders in the #racetofive. Yes they have won spoons and all that since they last won one but don't forget this is a proud club and those down years would have stung, this is their shot at redemption. But redemption is a funny word because the Demons crashed out in straight sets last year and this season has been all about redemption, the chance to come back to the finals series and right the wrongs of last season and on Sunday they get their chance.

Of course the Furies' experience in the big dances will be brought up again and again during the week but it is interesting to note that only 5 of the side remain from their last premiership victory so make no mistake the Furies club may be experienced but for a lot of the players this will be as nerve wracking as it gets. It also needs to be mentioned that a number of Demons players have still played a Grand Final so they do know what it is all about and what level they will need to push themselves to this Sunday to get their club over the line. For me the Grand Final experience is with the Furies but only marginally, if this current crop of players thinks they are automatically the same as the ruthless Furies teams of the past and turn up expecting to win then they will be in for a rude shock.

If we look at recent experience it is also hard to go against the Furies as they have easily accounted for the Demons twice this season. But as they say, finals are a different kettle of fish and the Demons have been impressive in all 3 of their finals while the Furies did drop their first one. These two sides have also met in a final previously but it was in Season 5 so too long ago for anyone to give a s**t. In the end the reality is the Furies should and will go in as deserved favorites on Sunday night, they've had the wood over the Demons this season and will be supremely confident they can get the job done again.

My tip: But **** reality, I'm a softie at heart and I would love to see the Demons finally become men and pop the premiership cherry. The average score between these two teams is Furies 16.9 to the Demons 16.11 so I am tipping the Demons by 2 points in a close one with Cooney kicking 7, Leo kicking 6, TIA to win the Deestroy in a losing effort and Eth to wind back the clock and be the Demons best placed player in that medal.

Teams due Friday Midnight AEDST.

Tuesday night interviews here we go. All Captains got asked the same stock standard questions with a couple of varied ones for the different teams on the end, guess who actually answered and guess who was a lazy flog.

Geelong Gumbies

A Bit High

Who do you think will win the GF and why?

Furies to win. I like the club. They cop plenty of flack that is uncalled for and they are probably the Gumbies favourite side to banter with.

Is this the same as who you want to win the GF?

Yes

Who will be the Deestroy medal?

Wacky Tiger or This is Anfield

Is there anyone player from either side that you particularly feel deserves/doesn't deserve a flag?

The players on the winning side deserve it and the players on the losing side don't. Pretty cut and dry.

Do you think there is now a straight sets curse for the Minor Premiers or did the Demons suck last year and you guys were unlucky this year?

Not a curse, just unlucky, but it will now be in the heads of the side who finishes Minor Premiers next season....But Sim Happens.

Do you feel you've taken away from the finals at all by announcing your departure or are you insignificant enough for it to not cause a ripple?

Well given at the time you asked me these questions....(Before the 2 sides have been decided) it has more posts in it than the Bandits & Demons Prelim and if we take out both yours and akkaps one sentence responses it is not far away from the Dragons & Furies Prelim thread so I would say it has been deemed necessary to keep the rest of the SFA moving along, unlike Clarkey's flog thread. Your doing very well in that, congratulations by the way.

Alberton Swamprats

Spookism

Furies to win and out of the two that's who I want to win.

Yes

Lanky wes will win the Deestroy medal in a losing side

Is there anyone player from either side that you particularly feel deserves/doesn't deserve a flag?

ClarkeM doesn't deserve a flag, I know he isn't playing - he's just a flog. ;)
I reckon Wacky Tiger deserves a flag - more likely to accept a contract offer from us if he has a flag under the belt.

Is the reason the Rats didn't make the Grand Final because finals match payments would've impacted their centrelink payments?

We had a contingency plan in case such a event occurred. All Finals payments were to be cartons of West End getting around that pesky 'extra' income question on the dole. Unfortunately, we didn't tell the guys the plan until Round 14, which is why we all of a sudden won 3 games in a row.

Will you consider making a plea to Chief to let Jobe be unleashed back onto Bigfooty and the SFA?

Nope.
He wouldn't find a home here at Alberton so no doubt his options would be limited, but the reasoning for his exile from bigfooty is enough for me to never join in such a movement.

Las Vegas Bears

Pantskyle

The (Dragons Bandits) Furies, if they win does that mean they become the most successful side?

I have nothing against either side so good luck to them both.

Uncle_Leo, he'll kick 10 goals.

Only the inactives. Everyone that has contributed deserves it.

Are you happy with the ground being named after the current Admin or should it be a more permanent fixture like the MCG for our reserves league?

I see no reason to change it from Boncers Castle, I've always known the GF to be played at that venue.

Do you think opposition posters should get involved in the Grand Final thread or stay away?

They should contribute but not try to make it about them, respect the two teams going at it and don't distract too much.

DemonJim

Furies, because I backed them through tipping that the Warriors would win their matchup. (Suck it warriors)

Pretty Much

Much to my chagrin - Uncle_Leo. The Qooty gods are still ******* with me.

Pretty much everyone that has contributed deserves it... Even those annoying flogs!

Are you happy with the ground being named after the current Admin or should it be a more permanent fixture like the MCG for our reserves league?

I couldn't care either way... if the admin wants to fluff his own pillow, let him.

Do you think opposition posters should get involved in the Grand Final thread or stay away?

They can take part but try and not take over the thread too much. Unless of course they are invited to and then that team deserves all they get, including the loss.

Cooney Island Warriors

Frankston Rover

The Furies because they beat us. That would go some way to easing my pain of bombing out.

I'm torn as I like an underdog but I have no time for mediocrety, which makes it hard to pick the Demons. That said, the Furies have had their success - give someone else a go you greedy bastards.

The Deestroy medal will be the Deestroy medal. As for who I think will win it, I'm going for self proclaimed EKA medallist This is Anfield.

All of them. I detest them all. Every single one of them.

Do you think you or the Royals will get to a flag first?

We will. The Royals will fold due to their lack of posting depth. They have a great core group of 3 or 4 posters but it drops off fast after that.

With the current practice of the Grand Final grounds being named after the Admin where would GF's under your reign have been played if that had been practice then?

Rover's Retreat. It's like the Playboy Mansion but with a big footy ground. BYO smoking jacket and dingers.

Gold City Royals

Marlowe

The Furies, because there is no God.

Not by a long shot. I will be passionately barracking for the Demons, partly because this may be my only chance to ever witness a Demons premiership.

Who will be the Deestroy medal? Hmm, well, I am hoping Mobbs can come out of semi-retirement to dress up as the Deestroy medal at half-time, I think it would be a pleasant surprise for all the fans watching and the kids will get a kick out of it

Logger, as reward for all the migraines that come with the responsibility of sim-master, deserves a little something-something.

As Royals are you disappointed you never got the chance to play in Boncers Castle?

No, not all. We've actually got something planned this off-season. We're going to rent two chinook helicopters and airlift Boncer's Castle to Gold City where we will have a friendly kick-to-kick while pretending to re-enact our own Grand Final.

Do you think the Royals will always be to unstable at the top to win a flag or are you two planning on sticking around longer then previous Royals captains?

Season 19 will mark the first occasion in club history that the same captains will be carried forward into the new season. I'm very excited that this stability in leadership will prove next season, after we've bottomed-out again, that unstable leadership was never to blame for our lack of success.

Son of God

The Furies, of my pal Uncle_Leo but even though I team up with him I am in no way supportive of his behavior or able to be called in an alliance with him.

Well no I wanted the Royals to win so I could prove to everyone that we are easily the best posting side.

Leo. ILY bae.

Yeah Eth is a scum bag.

As Royals are you disappointed you never got the chance to play in Boncers Castle?

Boncer doesn't let me in anyway so I would've missed the Grand Final because I'm afraid of him :(

Do you think the Royals will always be to unstable at the top to win a flag or are you two planning on sticking around longer then previous Royals captains?

We have the best posting list in the league and it isn't even close so of course we will win the flag. We have myself and Marlowe and Okey and WGS still turns up occasionally and.... well... uh you know that other guns. We run like 7 or 8 deep but I won't name them because I shouldn't have to. Its obvious we're number one.

Dragons FFC

The less cool brother (Not pantskyle)

The Furies because Uncle_Leo is a star.

No. Because Rhodesy_Blues is a star.

Fumbler because he is a star.

This Is Anfield. He's not a star. Although, he's as old as one (hur hur).

If the Demons win this means the Dragons will have played the most seasons without a flag, does this impact how you barrack this Sunday and is drought near an end?

No. We're a top team and it's coming. There is a lot to come form the Dragons in S19 and has been worked on for a long time. So, I'm going for the Demons.

Is it true you threw the Prelim out of protest for the Grand Final being moved from Boncer's castle to the much smaller Okey's outhouse?

I didn't know this was a thing but yes, that will do,

Harvs

The Furies so the Demons continue their run of the oldest club without a flag

Yes.

Uncle_Leo because I taught him everything he knows

Any Demons players.

If the Demons win this means the Dragons will have played the most seasons without a flag, does this impact how you barrack this Sunday and is drought near an end?

Yes * the Demons, the drought should've ended this year but I can't keep carrying all you flogs forever

Is it true you threw the Prelim out of protest for the Grand Final being moved from Boncer's castle to the much smaller Okey's outhouse?

Who ******* cares? * you Boncer this interview is over.

Baghdad Bandits

Gee Dub

Demons because we beat the Furies and he Demons beat us. That is good enough logic for me. Also because fumbler is a bad captain.

I don't really care who wins. I guess it would be nice to see the Demons finally win one.

What is the Deestroy medal?

cooney deserves a flag after years of being a spammy, one liner s**t campaigner. He has put in the hard yards for this flag.

Do you think you would have made the Grand Final if you hadn't been flogs and changed the name from the successful Bombers to Bandits?

No but we would have made the grand final if that flog Bengwatkins kicked more goals.

Will you ever be the captain of a successful Bandits premiership team?

I fear as though I won't. There are too many teams in the comp since flogs keep voting in more unnecessary teams. It will only get harder next year when the Arkansas Aardvarks and the Venus Volcanoes come in.

West Coast Wonders

Bird Boy

Furies they have been to the big dance an succeeded 4 times. They know what is required.

No the Demons need a premiership sooner or later.

Wacky Tiger.

Does HP play for the demons? Also fumbler should never be known as a premiership captain if they furies win.

How does it feel to not even make the finals to defend your title?

In all honesty. Disappointing. But we can't win every season so we put this to the back of our minds and fire up for next season.

Did you decide to tank this season to give someone else a chance at winning the flag?

No we were just beaten by better qooty teams. A few close losses and a couple of chokes certainly didn't help our cause either.

TFB

If the Dragons can beat their no finals win curse, then surely the Demons can break theirs.

Yes

Any Demons player but cooney

Logger deserves one just so he can get the traditional "you sim cheated the premiership".

How does it feel to not even make the finals to defend your title?

Does this mean the title is still ours?

Did you decide to tank this season to give someone else a chance at winning the flag?

Would you believe me if I said yes?

East Side Hawks

Horse boy

Furies. They've got the job done before.

No I love a fairytale so go Dees

Cooney

Fumbler

Do you think the Hawks will be able to recover from your departure enough to win next years flag?

Only if they recruit strongly and get some fresh blood in, to be honest Bonce the club has been stale ever since you left. Maybe you should come back and captain? Be better then that Itsmynoideahowtorunashow bloke.

In your opinion does becoming a premiership player change the way you are perceived in the league?

It depends, if you're a demi-god like you Boncer then no. If however you're a s**t kicker like Tarkyn_24 then absolutely it slides you up the rung of the pecking order ladder a little bit.

The Roys

Reardo

Demons

Yes

Cooney. Hopefully then the old campaigner will come to us.

Nope.

Little known fact is the Roys have won a flag, do you think you will ever reach the pinnacle again or is Freakie to much of an anchor holding you down?

Freakie is a campaigner and just between you and me Bonce old boy we've been trying to ship him off to another team for the past 4 seasons but nobody will bloody take him

If the GF is played in its usual night time slot could the Roys even play if they made the GF or would you old campaigners be tucked up in bed?

Mate we still know how to rock it into the late hours of the night. God I was out till 7:34pm the other night! What a ride!

Last edited:
The Random (Fitroybulldog)

Who do you think will win Sunday night?
I've thrown my support behind the Furies, I have an affinity for some of their like minded irreverent posters, but the a small part of me would like to see the Demons break their duck. It's always nice to see the perennial losers finally make good. I just worry if the Demons do win, the Roys will be the sole perennial loser now.

How do you think the players are feeling right now?
There would be a considerable buzz around both camps, i assume Eth would be trying to keep a lid on it all and maintain focus at the Demons and fumbler, well i would suspect s**t be cray cray down at Furieland.

The Demons have an impressive midfield, will the Furies be able to win the ball in the middle?
Definitely, Yes the Demons have the scary good in Eth and Lanky, but don't discount the youthful exuberance of WT, TIA and Hate to get the job done.

Which FF will kick more goals, Leo or Cooney?
Leo by a beez, but i don't think either will have the night out that they are wanting, i expect defensive pressure to be turned right up

Any thoughts on the BOG for the night?
Wacky to complete the Mobbs/Deestroy double.

Do you think the Furies former premiership success gives them an edge or was it to long ago to count?
I think the Demons hunger might be the key here, to rise above mediocrity and get their names on a shiny cup (it is a cup right?). But the furies have the experience, so it could go either way. This fence is comfortable.

When are you knifing Reardo and delisting Freakie?
Have you heard from Reardo recently?.........and Freakie he's a lovable scamp he's not going anywhere.

No seriously when are you dumping Freakie?
Tuesday week.

No seriously?
Deed was done days ago.

Do you think its true Mobbs has rigged the sim so he can't win a flag?

If he has he could have told me before i joined the Roys, the bastard. Maybe we should let him go to the Hawks.

Any final thoughts?
You didn't go with Any grand final thoughts? Thats my final thought, utter disappointment with the missed pun.

The Devil (Head Demon)

Seriously mate you've been waiting for this chance for awhile, do you think this is finally the season for the Demons flag?

Absolutely. We've been in better form, knocking off the top two teams to be here. I'm confident we can do the same this Sunday.

If you lose do you take solace in the fact you are now the most successful Demons Captain?

Not really. I'd have won as many premierships as the others.

Besides, I'm still better than okey and Tarks.

What do you think the margin will be on Sunday night?

I can't answer that. You'd need to ask cooney how many goals he can physically kick in 100 minutes.

Does the "Simmer win" aspect come into it at all for you? Diminish it at all?

It doesn't. Logger conducts himself well as a simmer and vice-captain. The committee trusts him, and so do I.

(Logger, if I could kick a goal in the last to seal it, that'd be sweet)

Is there anyone from the Furies you particularly need to shut down on Sunday?

I'd imagine they'd have to worry about us...but to answer the question, Wacky Tiger seems like he'll storm home in the Mobbs this season and fumbler's been their best this finals series, so we'll make sure they're quiet.

The straight sets exit must have weighed heavily on your mind last year? Has this season been about redemption?

I didn't think about it a great deal, we were beaten by a better team and the Dragons. I guess straight sets can happen anywhere - we did it to the Gumbies. It stressed the importance of continuing and bettering form once we hit finals, which we've done.

After the straight sets did you ever think of standing down?

No. Why? What have you been plotting? Quit it.

Any chance you'll change things up a little in the team sheet and we'll see the "Eth of old" return?

Wait. Are you trying to say I'm not as great as I once was? Whoa. I thought this interview was meant to be pleasant...

Who is your most important player this week?

Logger, he's simming it.

For real, if I had to pick it'd be cooney, 158 goals in two seasons is pretty fearsome. We have pretty even contributors all over the park though, which is terrific.

Which player will you be doing it for the most on Sunday?

#doitforrhoadsy

Any last words?

Am I being executed or what? Bloody knew I was right not to trust you.

F1 (Tigland)

How confident are you going into Sunday night?

Having played in 2 losing grand finals by less than a kick, it is hard to be overly confident heading into this one. Yes we did beat the Demons both times this year, but the sim does funny things and the grand final is always a toss of the coin. It’s going to be a great game and I know the boys are ready.

Do you think the clubs history will play a factor at all?

The club has one of the proudest histories in the league, but I don’t think it will play a factor in this one. We have a lot of grand final winning experience in the team in Grockadoc, BILC, Equus and rfctigerarmy, so we will be calling on those boys to lead the charge on Sunday night.

The overwhelming neutral support will be for the Demons does this bother you? Or do you understand the fairytale aspect of it?

It’s understandable. Everyone loves the underdog, but it won’t deter us.

Will you be tempted to replace inactives with former premiership stars this week?

Most of the team have been active this season which is very encouraging. We have our 20 who have gotten us this far so no need to change things now. Although it would be fun to screw Logger over with a gazillion changes.

Is there any Demons player you particularly fear on the field?
I don’t fear any of them but have a lot of respect for Eth. He is a great leader on and off the field and we always have big battles. I am sure Sunday will not be any different.

Who will be your most important player this Sunday?
Everyone is important. I might as well pump someone tires so I will say Uncle_Leo. He has been in great form through the finals and if he can kick straight we will be well on our way.

Winning margin?

It would be nice not to have a heart attack for once, but that is unlikely. 10 points.

You've both copped flak for your leadership, will you take this chance to stick it up the doubters?

I didn’t realise that we had copped flak. This club was in turmoil a few seasons ago and we have turned that around. We have a great mix of old and new and a very active playing list which is great. So if people want to doubt us they can, but we won’t stick it to them unless they play for the Wonders#lolwonders, #screwthewonders.

Rumors are Okey has demanded you wear a clash strip, is it true and what do you think?

Lol what a campaigner. Maybe we will wear prison bars.

Do you think opening the door to non-Richmond fans has been the reason for your revival?

Off field defiantly. On field who knows, the sim is so random. We have recruited specific targets who were non tigers and they have all had an effect on the playing group in a positive way. We still have our strong Richmond roots and always value the history of our great club. Let hope it’s enough to get us over the line on Sunday.

Do you think you lost any fans as a result and will Sunday night bring them back into the fold?

We love a good bandwagon and there is still room to get on board the Furies Funwagon. Tickets are selling for $5 each. Please PM Wacky Tiger if you would like to purchase.

Any final words?

Win lose or draw it been one hell of a season. Good luck to both teams and hopefully we can get the job done on Sunday. To my team, thanks for the ride it’s been fun and let’s get stuck into the Demons.

T2 (Fumbler)

How confident are you going into Sunday night?
With the side the Furies has this season, very confident indeed.

Do you think the clubs history will play a factor at all?
Our clubs history most likely won't, but the Demons with zero premiership wins is certainly a hoodoo for them.

The overwhelming neutral support will be for the Demons does this bother you? Or do you understand the fairytale aspect of it?
I have never been one to give a s**t what others think so why start now?

Will you be tempted to replace inactives with former premiership stars this week?
No.

Is there any Demons player you particularly fear on the field?
No.

Who will be your most important player this Sunday?
Every single player on our list that runs out there will play an important part for the Furies....... we are a team of many not just three or four core players.

Winning margin?
Most likely this will be as close as the Furies Gumbies of a few seasons back.

You've both copped flak for your leadership, will you take this chance to stick it up the doubters?
Have i, we?

Rumors are Okey has demanded you wear a clash strip, is it true and what do you think?
Has he? Not sure i don't read them memos from the League. He can GAGF.

Do you think opening the door to non-Richmond fans has been the reason for your revival?
It's a fifty fifty for me, Shadow Man and Uncle_Leo have been a big win for the Furies. They have shown the club that there is other options to utilise if they can be worked into the club without affecting to much of it's history. We hope that a few other SFA players have taken note that we are open minded and they are welcome.

Do you think you lost any fans as a result and will Sunday night bring them back into the fold?
Our first few home games at Punt Road were a little down on average, but as the season went on they came back....... was it Uncle_Leo's great goal scoring ability that they latched onto or was it that the greatest SFA club was on the verge of wining another Premiership?
That's for the fans to decide.

Any final words?
Whether we win or lose the GF, next season will see the Furies in a whole new light.

Last edited:

I'm not old I'm inactive you muppet.

Ps. I miss you

Nice one boncer34, positive preview with the requisite little digs in the process.
Feel like it's 1974 over again, the sentimental favourites (premiershipless North) v the rampaging ruthless powerhouse and unfortunately for the Demons, the rampaging ruthless powerhouse (Furies) will prevail again.
However, I would like to congratulate the Demons on making the Grand Final from 5th, a wonderful effort and you all should be proud and let's have a great week.

Here we go again. It better not be close this time. The hospital couldn't handle the intake
Aww, I really wanted to toy with you Furies.

To the sword it is.

#thedemonsthe #doitforrhodesy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back