Official Match Thread Season 20 Round 5 - Baghdad Bandits v Geelong Wolves @ Adbu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 5 Flashback

Following on for flogroybullcrap’s look back in time last week to season 4 this week I’ll give you a quick re-cap on Season 5. Wont be as fancy as his but whatevers :p

For season 5 we had a 12 team competition. The Dragons finished as the Minor Round Premiers one game in front of the Gumbies (Bring them back). The Fremantle Dockers, Titans, Seventh Wonders and Fighting Furies were split only by percentage whilst the Mt Buller Demons and the Alberton Swamprats rounded out the top 8. The Razor, Roys and Las Vegas Bears narrowly missed the finals whilst the Bigfooty Bombers had a terrible season claiming the wooden spoon with a 3-19 win loss record.

Broken claimed the Mobbenfuhrer Medal with 17 votes narrowly over teammates FattyLumpkin (Roy) Paul D (Roy) and gatsid (Dem) all on 16 votes.

rizzo kicked a mammoth 96 goals for the regular season and kicked his 100th goal in the Qualifying Final v the Dockers. He went on to kick a further 10 goals total for the finals series to give him a season tally of 106 goals but inaccuracy in the Preliminary Final kicking 4 goals 5 cost his side the chance at playing in the Grand Final with the Swamprats out gunning the Gumbies in the final qtr to reach the decider.

Season 5 however was famous for the SFA first ever drawn Grand Final. The Furies and the Swamprats had defied all logic to reach the decided despite finishing 6th and 8th after the minor round was complete. In the Drawn Grand Final you could barely split the teams at half time the Swamprats holding a slim 2 point lead. The Premiership Qtr was a good one for the Furies kicking 5 goals straight and whilst the Swamprats had more of the ball they were incredibly wasteful in front of the big sticks kicking 1 goal 8 behinds. So with the Furies 4 goals up you always knew the Swampys would come out hard and that they did. They worked their way back into the lead by 4 points with only 5 minutes on the clock and then it was the Furies chance to be wasteful. The Furies had 4 chances at goal to win the match only to score behinds on each occasion and eventually a drawn match.

With both teams having chances to win the Grand Final the week before it was interesting to see if it would affect either side having to come back the following week. Both teams traded blow for blow and found themselves basically locked up with the Furies holding a 1 point lead at the final break. The Swamprats through Macca19 reclaimed the lead within the first minute of the final qtr before goals to Fwoy , metallichris and kretchy gave the Furies a bit of breathing space with only 10 minutes of the match remaining . It was a case of too little too late for the Swampys however eventually falling 11 points short Fighting Furies 18.13.121 defeating Alberton Swamprats 17.8.110

The Deestroy Medallist for the best player in the Grand Final was CJH

The dominant big man on the day, CJH collected 14 possessions, had 18 hitouts and kicked 2 goals 2.

A few interesting tidbits from the Grand Final. The whole match thread was 2 pages long with a massive 36 total posts :eek:

So onto this weeks matchup.

Its nearly lights out for the loser in this match. The Bandits sit 10th with a 1-3 win loss record and despite some big goal hauls from star recruit Itsmyshow the Bandits really havent gotten out of 1st gear this season. As for the Wolves well its fair to say they have been woeful. All the buzz was about after they successfully recruited dual ALF Andrews medallist Beng and self proclaimed god Nakia but how the wheels have come off since the off season. Sitting stone motherless last without a win in the bank its fair to say that the simmer is not a Wolf this year.

Bandits to get the chocolates at home by 45 points. IMS to kick a bag.

Remember the need for Official Team Sheet when naming your side. Also teams are due Thursday 11:59pm. Also you can tag ClarkeM if you’re scared of him ;)

How fitting our first win for the season will be against my old friends. Hello Shermy, beez, Bigeasy and Red mist. What the hell are you doing here Itsmyshow?

Apologies to the Baghdad Backpacks for what will no doubt be a running commentary by delisted delinquent Nakia, who now has nothing better to do with his large amount of free time.

He and Tarks left the Hawks to fend for themselves. Now they are struggling to get 10 posters a games.

I knew Tarky did the old swifty right before the season but Itsmyshow...Guess he wanted to live up to his name, become the one man show of the Bandits. Pretty big shoes/void/ego-subspace to fill since I left. I hope the stress wont impact his performance as the season wears on...

How fitting our first win for the season will be against my old friends. Hello Shermy, beez, Bigeasy and Red mist. What the hell are you doing here Itsmyshow?

Apologies to the Baghdad Backpacks for what will no doubt be a running commentary by delisted delinquent Nakia, who now has nothing better to do with his large amount of free time.
It was my choice to be delisted you see. It was either that or keep stacking cans of spam on the shelves of the Wolves supermarket... the pay wasn't worthwhile.

It was my choice to be delisted you see. It was either that or keep stacking cans of spam on the shelves of the Wolves supermarket... the pay wasn't worthwhile.
If you are so keen on being part of a qooty league for the rest of the year, may I suggest the RFFL. It needs a big facelift that you could probably deliver on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ironically you come and spam match threads...
I'm actually on topic... you know talking about the Wolves, who incidentally are a part of this league... somehow.

If you are so keen on being part of a qooty league for the rest of the year, may I suggest the RFFL. It needs a big facelift that you could probably deliver on.
I'm quite content with retirement... Walking in and out with with no obligation.:thumbsu:

Is this your new mob, Beng?

No doubt you've regaled them with stories of my greatness.

5 camels at once all whilst wiring a bomb harness.

Hey! F U buddy...

We shared ejaculate.

That MEANS something.

Is this your new mob, Beng?

No doubt you've regaled them with stories of my greatness.

5 camels at once all whilst wiring a bomb harness.

Ive told them stories of you, yes...The ones like how you got drunk in the torture room and demanded we put a nappy on you, give you a dummy and whip you, while shouting "cammos been a BAD BABY!"...And that was just after losses, after the rare wins we got you demanded some really twisted stuff. Concerning things.

More importantly, how is my number 1 camel doing?

Ive told them stories of you, yes...The ones like how you got drunk in the torture room and demanded we put a nappy on you, give you a dummy and whip you, while shouting "cammos been a BAD BABY!"...And that was just after losses, after the rare wins we got you demanded some really twisted stuff. Concerning things.

More importantly, how is my number 1 camel doing?
Just as you left her; bound, gagged and lubed.
We've left Bessie that way in your honour, although I'm fairly sure I saw van peebles ferreting around the back end... I'm unable to confirm the level of defiling that has occurred.

We've left Bessie that way in your honour, although I'm fairly sure I saw van peebles ferreting around the back end... I'm unable to confirm the level of defiling that has occurred.

peebles always was an odd duck...Could never quite figure'em out. Pretty sure he was colour blind as well, what with all his bombs being wired arse about. Is iDon and eth-dog still dogging it together?

manboob check out cammo6556 avatar

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back