Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

I can tell you the supposed "kanga" spent on new recruits was not as excessive as some suggest.
With season ending injuries to Winner (4 games), Hanson (8) and McNamara (5), coupled with injuries to Lillis (4 early in the season) Clayton (overseas for 2 games and injured 3) and a couple of others, it has been a disappointing year results wise without a doubt. In terms of "kanga", Yack has all recruits on a "no play no pay" basis. So, you do the sums of how much "wasn't spent". (Disclaimer- this by no means is a message that they will spend up next year either)
You sure wouldn't want to spend too much to finish 8th would you?

a large number of yacks senior players look like theyve been spending thursday nights at the bakery instead of on the track. they are way to slow.

Will Aaron Purcell be on the same deal if he is enticed back to Butson Park next season as rumours suggest.
As he was in 2006-07 , if he happens to return (as most would love to see) he would be on the same deal. Have to wait and see after he takes out the Picola League Medal. Said he wants to retire anyway!

Yack's kanga will be out in full show this weekend vs the Saints - quality opposition always brings about the best in paid players.

Speaking of Kanga, good to see Barny was able to rustle some up over the season to get their favorite son Gordon "jumper" Anderson back into the side!!

On a lighter note: does anyone actually give a s**t about the season anymore - should we just engrave Mitta on the cup now?

Yack's kanga will be out in full show this weekend vs the Saints - quality opposition always brings about the best in paid players.

Speaking of Kanga, good to see Barny was able to rustle some up over the season to get their favorite son Gordon "jumper" Anderson back into the side!!

On a lighter note: does anyone actually give a s**t about the season anymore - should we just engrave Mitta on the cup now?

Are you kidding ?? Who finishes second is of great interest to us all.......

just wondering if yack get there money back from players who have under performed this season???

with mitta they seem to be cruising.maybe if they could get a balanced side things would be alot different and futher on top.they seem to always have 3 or 4 out each week but get quailty players back to fill in the gaps.funniest thing for me this season was seeing nick fraser miss a game due to fog.couldn't fly out of sydney.:confused:

Great to see barny beat mitta. This does barny's finals hopes the world of good and boosts their confidence incredibly. Perhaps mitta aren't as invincible as many believe they are!

Great to see barny beat mitta. This does barny's finals hopes the world of good and boosts their confidence incredibly. Perhaps mitta aren't as invincible as many believe they are!

well said sunny.it would have a huge night in barny.mitta do lose but we all know they get it all together for finals or t least the grand final.

just wondering if yack get there money back from players who have under performed this season???

with mitta they seem to be cruising.maybe if they could get a balanced side things would be alot different and futher on top.they seem to always have 3 or 4 out each week but get quailty players back to fill in the gaps.funniest thing for me this season was seeing nick fraser miss a game due to fog.couldn't fly out of sydney.:confused:

word is he flew over the ground,saw it was wet and asked the pilot to head back to sydney:eek:

I was just having a look on the Hume league board and I saw this on it.

"Worst kept secret.....thurgoona coach wightman to Jindera next year"

Any comments to say on this rumour Mr. Wightman

Ah rumours and innuendo where would Big Footy be without them. But in terms of my future there Mr Sugars thanks for your concern however i can tell you that i have not spoken to any club nor will i, whilst i have a commitment elsewhere. and when i do decide to come to a decision there will be a certain pecking order as to who will know what decision has been made, and you my friend will probably be the last to know:thumbsu:. Thanks for your concern though.

Ah rumours and innuendo where would Big Footy be without them. But in terms of my future there Mr Sugars thanks for your concern however i can tell you that i have not spoken to any club nor will i, whilst i have a commitment elsewhere. and when i do decide to come to a decision there will be a certain pecking order as to who will know what decision has been made, and you my friend will probably be the last to know:thumbsu:. Thanks for your concern though.

He's off overseas. He's been asked to ref gridiron games after his performance last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUCH!!!!! Take that sugars :D:D:D:D:D

Appears 2 me it aint a one horse race anymore.
Sides must have woken up,dont play it in tight against the ageing Mitta side,play it wide and run,run,run!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Appears 2 me it aint a one horse race anymore.
Sides must have woken up,dont play it in tight against the ageing Mitta side,play it wide and run,run,run!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

ATTENTION KSC, DMB, BARNY and TALL PLAYERS: 6uldv8 is right on the money! Mitta love to shut the game down and play it in tight. Get the ball out in the open space and run it - Mitta are to old and will not keep up. Also do not fall for their intimidation efforts, especially you younger players who are more likely to retaliate in a silly way and get caught. I CAN SEE A NEW PREMIER ON THE HORIZON, CAN ANYONE ELSE?

Wodonga Saints are an easy club to bag or ignore because obviously we haven't won too many games over the last few years. But yesterdays win just gave our club some hope that all is not lost. Our last few weeks we have come close to winning but yesterday made this season worth playing for.
The seconds will be in the finals, the seniors will win next week and hopefully this will give us some momentum for next season.
Well done to all involved

ATTENTION KSC, DMB, BARNY and TALL PLAYERS: 6uldv8 is right on the money! Mitta love to shut the game down and play it in tight. Get the ball out in the open space and run it - Mitta are to old and will not keep up. Also do not fall for their intimidation efforts, especially you younger players who are more likely to retaliate in a silly way and get caught. I CAN SEE A NEW PREMIER ON THE HORIZON, CAN ANYONE ELSE?

Given that the finals haven't started, and Mitta has only lost two games, this may be a little premature.

BIG NEWS:
News from the mitta valley- they have a new sponser. Beaurepairs...no cash involved- they just have to go in and get the wheels put back on
i think they might be falling off fellas

Another hamstring injury for Richo on the weekend,also heard Cammo may have broken his thumb.
Anyone from KSC confirm or deny these injuries for us?
On a better note for KSC good to see Ash Sutherland get thru his first game back and also Julian Day coming thru unscathed in his first game back from injury

Another hamstring injury for Richo on the weekend,also heard Cammo may have broken his thumb.
Anyone from KSC confirm or deny these injuries for us?
On a better note for KSC good to see Ash Sutherland get thru his first game back and also Julian Day coming thru unscathed in his first game back from injury

All true about Richo. He lasted 1 quarter in the magoos (time to give it up Richo!). Not 100% sure about Cammo. If it is broken it probably won't stop him playing as he tends grit his teeth and bear it with things like this. Not ideal for KSC though with a possible thumb injury to Cammo and a badly cut/fractured finger for Micko sustained away from footy a fortnight ago.
Definately great to see Ash and Jules back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back