Season 2012

wheateater

Rookie
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
This the bloke who has been playing over Bendigo way??

Yes mate same one. Luke is a Yarra local who go picked up by Brisbane in the 2000 draft (I think). Didn't play a senior game but was an emergency on a few occasions (tough team to break into back then). He's been playing in Bendigo for the last few years and just moved back to Yarra.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Travis,In ref.to Damien Cupido whom has kicked some 46 goals in 5 games in the NTFL, whats the go here. Had some very ordinary seasons at North Albury,Croydon, and a couple of others being unfit and overweight.Whats the change mate.. has he sorted himself out and lost the kgs and is fairly fit. Notice he has signed to play with the Southport Sharks 1n 2013.Will have to be fit and focussed to play well in that comp. Has Jason Cotter been the influence.? give us your thoughts please.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Add ex-Brisbane Lion Luke Hammond to that impressive duo. Gonna take an unbelievably good side to knock off Yarrawonga in 2013.
Thats for sure. Yarra would have to be in a very strong financial position one would think, after all the revenue the Fev dragged in thru the gate, kiosk ,bar etc., not to mention their share in being the premiers at the grand final with 12000 attendees.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can see the theory in North Albury getting Akermanis, not only as a playing coach, but for the badly needed revenue gain, as Aker will draw larger crowds and if they become very competitive , no doubt a number of lost supporters will start turning up again.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Travis,In ref.to Damien Cupido whom has kicked some 46 goals in 5 games in the NTFL, whats the go here. Had some very ordinary seasons at North Albury,Croydon, and a couple of others being unfit and overweight.Whats the change mate.. has he sorted himself out and lost the kgs and is fairly fit. Notice he has signed to play with the Southport Sharks 1n 2013.Will have to be fit and focussed to play well in that comp. Has Jason Cotter been the influence.? give us your thoughts please.

First off, my name's Tavis, not Travis.. But yes, Cupido has had a Fev-like impact up here in the first 5 rounds. Apparently he played some really good footy in the SANFL, but he is looking in phenomenal knick ATM, still a bit chunky, but poweful, explosive and agile. As far as I'm aware Cotter hasn't been much of an influence on his present form; Cotter coaches St Marys, whereas Cupido plays for Southern Districts. Shannon Rusca coaches districts and is an ex-Brisbane Lion teammate of Cupido and someone he respects immensely. Look, obviously he can play and I think in fairness to him he did also play some quality games for Nth Albury and Croydon, but at the moment everything he touches turns to gold; he had 13 kicks and drilled 12 goals three weeks ago and jagged a lazy 10 in the second half on the weekend to get his side up by 10 points..

Not sure Daniel Archer will be too keen to hear he's signed with Southport, I caught up with Arch yesterday and Cupido had committed to Thunder!

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
First off, my name's Tavis, not Travis.. But yes, Cupido has had a Fev-like impact up here in the first 5 rounds. Apparently he played some really good footy in the SANFL, but he is looking in phenomenal knick ATM, still a bit chunky, but poweful, explosive and agile. As far as I'm aware Cotter hasn't been much of an influence on his present form; Cotter coaches St Marys, whereas Cupido plays for Southern Districts. Shannon Rusca coaches districts and is an ex-Brisbane Lion teammate of Cupido and someone he respects immensely. Look, obviously he can play and I think in fairness to him he did also play some quality games for Nth Albury and Croydon, but at the moment everything he touches turns to gold; he had 13 kicks and drilled 12 goals three weeks ago and jagged a lazy 10 in the second half on the weekend to get his side up by 10 points..

Not sure Daniel Archer will be too keen to hear he's signed with Southport, I caught up with Arch yesterday and Cupido had committed to Thunder!

dont you hate it when they get your name wrong trevor;)

Obscene

Debutant
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Week one of the finals over, are the Raiders the biggest under achievers the O&M has seen for a long time, they topped up nicely with big gun recruits that cost plenty, but went no better than last year, still no coach and no garrentee that all the travellers will come back ,all this makes for interesting times at Birrallee park
Seems a very expensive exercise to recruit Rose $45K, Davies $40K and Stretton $35K and not improve and then to have any of them on 2 year deals so that the club could get a return on their investment but to now have them leave.

Why do clubs waste so much money ??

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems a very expensive exercise to recruit Rose $45K, Davies $40K and Stretton $35K and not improve and then to have any of them on 2 year deals so that the club could get a return on their investment but to now have them leave.

Why do clubs waste so much money ??

Short term gain. Clubs for some reason don't look long term anymore. It's all about how can we win next year not about building a club for two or three years time!

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
can anyone tell me a bit about tommy dickson. played at wodonga raiders last year.

See Shaun Daly and Jay Koehler headed this way to QLD for 2013.Stated in the Border Mail, they have not signed with a club yet, but The Burleigh Bombers in Division two is the frontrunner.Your kidding me, this division 2 comp is not at Murray league standard and not to far ahead of Hume league standard.Thus why would 2 gun players like this look at Burleigh, who in addition have been cellar dwellers for quite a number of years in the comp.and need more then these 2 to improve their results. i mean they have the Neafl comp here , which would really challenge them, as the standard of this comp is now very high.( better then O & M ).There must be other connections / who knows the reasons.
Maybe, mentioning Burleigh might be a diversion , and they are actually going to a NEAFL club, but the parties dont want it known at this early stage of the off season.... as i say, time will tell.

wizards

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2008
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Footy isn't everything stuyd1 - Been playing in a very good comp for a number of years, everyone knows jay is relaxed bloke and doesn't take his footy to seriously, and Shaun has been playing good footy for a number if years now, time to take a step back! Lifestyle change from albury a lot of people do it, and if they are going up there aswell as getting probably over 1k a game would be handy just to have abit of fun!! Good on them.

reggieray

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2007
bum*****idaho
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
(FFC)bulldogs,
Good article about Aker and North today. But I don't like his chances of getting Bradshaw and Cupido. Heard that Bradshaw feels he isn't upto O&M and want's more time with his family. Cupido wouldn't come cheap and I bet there's plenty of Melbourne based clubs after him. I wonder who else Aker has left on his phone ?
Shir going to Albury would only be for one reason. A flag and with all the Tigers leaving he would be a handy pick up.

Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
Great turn out at North training last night, probably around 65 people, with a few recruits. Also a lot of keen observers which is good news for the club. The place is absolutely buzzing.

Obscene

Debutant
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Disappointing if the rumours are correct and Ben Davies has agreed to join his cousin James Wong at Wangaratta. The last thing a player wants to be known as is a mercenary who jumps from one club to another especially in the same competition - very, very, poor form !!!!!!!

Back