Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

off field dramas at lower plenty, with heaps of players opting to leave for panton hill and diamond creek. including young gun kavanagh, taking his off field dramas to diamond creek
From a personal perspective I am in regular contact with football department members at Lower and attended the AGM last week. No mention of anything purported to be fact here. All players contracted and numerous recruits locked away. I also play cricket with the young guys of the same group and they know and have heard nothing that has been written here, and there all good mates. They have actually spoken to some young guys that may be interested in returning. Seems like the local gym is like the Lower Plenty and Eltham pubs when it comes to local footy rumours :)

Any truth to the rumour that a certain irishman who once gave Cameron Cloke a bit of a seeing to at Visy Park (whilst Teammates) is following Thornton to the Tiger Den?

From a personal perspective I am in regular contact with football department members at Lower and attended the AGM last week. No mention of anything purported to be fact here. All players contracted and numerous recruits locked away. I also play cricket with the young guys of the same group and they know and have heard nothing that has been written here, and there all good mates. They have actually spoken to some young guys that may be interested in returning. Seems like the local gym is like the Lower Plenty and Eltham pubs when it comes to local footy rumours :)

What hurts Lower and I know a few of the guys looking to leave is that they grow up playing for Research and live round there. There is little connection to the club

What hurts Lower and I know a few of the guys looking to leave is that they grow up playing for Research and live round there. There is little connection to the club
Your kidding aren't you? Virtually the whole committee, the football department and 70 percent of the players are ex Research Juniors! The past 2 presidents are ex Junior presidents, the football manager is and ex junior parent and coach , the most recent junior president is now on the committee, the under 19's and reserves coach are ex junior coaches. The whole club is dominated by Research people! Your statement/observation could not be further from the truth! As for previous posts. Hugh Kavanagh is contracted, Michael Saldeneri who played 2's will play at Hurstbridge and Lower have signed 2010 West Preston premiership tall Damien Smith. All going well, hopefully another couple of announcements shortly.

Your kidding aren't you? Virtually the whole committee, the football department and 70 percent of the players are ex Research Juniors! The past 2 presidents are ex Junior presidents, the football manager is and ex junior parent and coach , the most recent junior president is now on the committee, the under 19's and reserves coach are ex junior coaches. The whole club is dominated by Research people! Your statement/observation could not be further from the truth! As for previous posts. Hugh Kavanagh is contracted, Michael Saldeneri who played 2's will play at Hurstbridge and Lower have signed 2010 West Preston premiership tall Damien Smith. All going well, hopefully another couple of announcements shortly.

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Yes lower does have a very strong research connection and have done well over the last few years to strengthen that relationship... As for kavanagh he is gone/going to diamo so might want to get your head around that which is a shame because he is well on his way to been a star of the comp... I've heard from someone who plays down there a lot of young players have found the new program down at lower a bit different and after one year want out

Saw on another forum that deer park has signed thorton!? Anyone from the bergers care to clear this up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that is a veiled attempt at humour re Brad Miller's form last year I agree, he struggled. Don't think Thornton signed anything, my mail something to do with remuneration, blessing in disguise I've been told.

Think you may all be right re Thornton. The article of his signing has disappeared from the Heidelberg Website.

Any truth to the rumour that Dale Nolan has departed the Berg's? Terrific servant of the club and the best one on one mark I have seen in my time. Also thought his playing days were finished due to last years back surgery.

Yes lower does have a very strong research connection and have done well over the last few years to strengthen that relationship... As for kavanagh he is gone/going to diamo so might want to get your head around that which is a shame because he is well on his way to been a star of the comp... I've heard from someone who plays down there a lot of young players have found the new program down at lower a bit different and after one year want out
Only thing to get head around is that he's contracted. Diamo did not know he was contracted and have apparently informed Lower there offer to him is off the table. If he is well on his way to being a star, he shouldn't be devaluing that potential like some before him and playing a lesser standard! He has been well looked after at Lower and as I understand wants some sort of employment which can be provided. While I'm on here, can anyone from the Panther confirm if Hocking and Perry are leaving?

Can
Only thing to get head around is that he's contracted. Diamo did not know he was contracted and have apparently informed Lower there offer to him is off the table. If he is well on his way to being a star, he shouldn't be devaluing that potential like some before him and playing a lesser standard! He has been well looked after at Lower and as I understand wants some sort of employment which can be provided. While I'm on here, can anyone from the Panther confirm if Hocking and Perry are leaving?

Can confirm they are not, and almost all of the key senior players from last year have put pen to paper

Can the Prowler confirm the status of exec positions at Eltham. Spoke to a paid up member tonight who said they are struggling to fill off field positions and can't even get a decent response to help with there Bunnings BBQ this weekend! And word has it that Hocking and a Perry will definitely not be at Eltham next season! Don't know about Bundoora, but bush could be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back