Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Prowler confirm the status of exec positions at Eltham. Spoke to a paid up member tonight who said they are struggling to fill off field positions and can't even get a decent response to help with there Bunnings BBQ this weekend! And word has it that Hocking and a Perry will definitely not be at Eltham next season! Don't know about Bundoora, but bush could be an option.

Well there's not much for me to say then really is there mate? You seem to know all the ins and outs of panther seeing as your tongue is firmly planted inside your 'eltham sources' anus

Only thing to get head around is that he's contracted. Diamo did not know he was contracted and have apparently informed Lower there offer to him is off the table. If he is well on his way to being a star, he shouldn't be devaluing that potential like some before him and playing a lesser standard! He has been well looked after at Lower and as I understand wants some sort of employment which can be provided. While I'm on here, can anyone from the Panther confirm if Hocking and Perry are leaving?

off the table is it?o_O
pen to paper and clearance has been confirmed :)

Think you may all be right re Thornton. The article of his signing has disappeared from the Heidelberg Website.

Any truth to the rumour that Dale Nolan has departed the Berg's? Terrific servant of the club and the best one on one mark I have seen in my time. Also thought his playing days were finished due to last years back surgery.

Dale Nolan is off to mornington with a few other tigers. Have heard that a young tiger is off to Macleod to join mates?

Anyone tell me what nights Eltham train?? Went past last night and saw about 25 blokes or should I say kids training....No senior blokes there but Bandera was taking training....

Anyone tell me what nights Eltham train?? Went past last night and saw about 25 blokes or should I say kids training....No senior blokes there but Bandera was taking training....
Monday and Wednesday I'm pretty sure. Apparently numbers have been pretty bad.

petty sure three very good signings down at cougar land this week witch will realy compliment thier preliminary final side from last year two gun mid fielders to help davies and morris and a gun tall from the vfl to fill the void left by considine and wooton retiring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lower Plenty signed players so far. Damian Smith (xWP). Tom Grimes, Ollie Parkes, brothers Ronaldson, a former Essendon listed player. Plus the full time return of Pat Flynn and Bill Barden. More to come.

Well I can 100 percent confirm that he is signed to Lower Plenty, so any other paperwork he has signed is not valid! Besides the Daimo Pres John has communicated to our pres that they have informed Hugh they are not interested until he is out of contract.

Thats always a problem Ive had with these contracts? Who's paperwork the player sign first. Which one is dated the earliest? Whats stopping one being back dated if the players is on it. How legal is the bit of paper its written in?? Are they lodge with the NFL???

Well I can 100 percent confirm that he is signed to Lower Plenty, so any other paperwork he has signed is not valid! Besides the Daimo Pres John has communicated to our pres that they have informed Hugh they are not interested until he is out of contract.

A lot of talk over a player who is really no world beater.

Great signings by Lower Plenty though. Care to share who the ex Essendon player is? Would be interested to hear who it is, as my source at Lower hasn't mentioned anything of this.

Not too sure why people are worried about small numbers at Eltham training, when other clubs haven't even started yet.

Not too sure why people are worried about small numbers at Eltham training, when other clubs haven't even started yet.[/quote

The only people showing concern at the moment are those that are deflecting from their own miserable lot in life.

Eltham Panthers is the place to be - today, Tomorrow & forever after.
The Breeding & Feeding ground of drafted Afl players and champion people all round.

Name 1 other local league club that can boast 5 current or recently drafted Afl players (zaharakis, caddy, vlustin, currie & bontempelli) plus a senior Afl coach (Simpson)? No grassroots club since the abolition of Recruiting zones has or is likely to in the near future, rival this.

Yes I here you say genetics & population blah blah blah. The Fact is, encouraging sporting environment provided & supporting mechanism established in the culture of the Eltham football club both at Junior & Senior level is a key component of these lads being given the opportunity that every boy dreams of.

Eltham football club is a pillar of the Nfl and one in which Club openly or secretively envies.

I'm sure the NFL when negotiating on sponsorship & community partnerships leverages off not only the incredible capabilities of the big 4 (Heidelberg Bundoora Monty & N.P) but also the development success & family friendly
Atmosphere that is role modelled throughout the Eltham Football club.

I really hope that in 8-12 years time, I see this crop of Afl footballers come back to play in the NFL (preferably @ panthers) with my son & his mates. It would be even better if they did so not because of the lure of $$ but in repayment of the opportunity they have been provided.

Long live the Mighty Panther

Great read KA. A very proud achievement from a great Club.

In comparison though, Macleod have quite a few i believe, happy to be corrected but Hurley, Longer, A.Corr and now Lennon all from Macleod?? Another great achievement

Thats always a problem Ive had with these contracts? Who's paperwork the player sign first. Which one is dated the earliest? Whats stopping one being back dated if the players is on it. How legal is the bit of paper its written in?? Are they lodge with the NFL???

Any signings are not valid until February 1st that is when transfer period starts. No contracts are lodged with the NFL other than those on a two year basis (I think around max 6 per club). It has happened in the past that Clubs have "signed" players prior to Feb 1 only to find the players have done a runner or changed their mind and there is nothing they can do about it.

Any signings are not valid until February 1st that is when transfer period starts. No contracts are lodged with the NFL other than those on a two year basis (I think around max 6 per club). It has happened in the past that Clubs have "signed" players prior to Feb 1 only to find the players have done a runner or changed their mind and there is nothing they can do about it.
Correct.

A lot of talk over a player who is really no world beater.

Great signings by Lower Plenty though. Care to share who the ex Essendon player is? Would be interested to hear who it is, as my source at Lower hasn't mentioned anything of this.

Not too sure why people are worried about small numbers at Eltham training, when other clubs haven't even started yet.

I'm guessing the essendon listed player might be Michael still. He is friends with a few blokes from lower and was listed at essendon.

Rumour spreading around Aberfeldie in edfl that they signed comp medal winner Lynch. Any confirmation from Tigerland?

lots of player rumours around this time of year, perry and hocking to woodend is one circulating the valley and will be interesting to see what unfolds, duckworth and zimbolani from lower plenty to st Mary's is another ive been hearing. any movement down at Montmorency?signings etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back