Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all serious though, very quiet form most teams at this point in time, Surely there has been some big signings, especially from the big 4
Suggest most clubs keeping their cards close to their respective chests. Doesn't pay to go public too early or you can be burnt (D Cupido and more recently Thornton are two that come to mind).
Players still shopping themselves around and nothing will firm up until clearances formally start in the New Year.

Suggest most clubs keeping their cards close to their respective chests. Doesn't pay to go public too early or you can be burnt (D Cupido and more recently Thornton are two that come to mind).
Players still shopping themselves around and nothing will firm up until clearances formally start in the New Year.
Pretty much spot on!

Think you'll find with Thornton that he was told by the Heidelberg coach to look for another club due to some mitigating circumstances that were unknown to the Bergers at the time of signing, which had they known wouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Looking forward to the inter league match. The nfl has a good chance if they can get the best of the best playing.

Think you'll find with Thornton that he was told by the Heidelberg coach to look for another club due to some mitigating circumstances
Is that code for "show me the money" ? Wasted no time in jumping on the Deer Park gravy train with other ex AFL players Guerra and Hargreaves. Must be a money tree out on the Western Plains.

This is the most self indulgent bullsh1t I have read on this forum. If Eltham people REALLY believe this stuff, then they are doomed to a future of mid table results with no club success. Enjoy your back slapping pal. Other clubs are actually serious about winning games of footy......... I enjoyed reading this. I really did. It's just astonishing how some people can fool themselves rather than confront the REAL task at hand!

Is that code for "show me the money" ? Wasted no time in jumping on the Deer Park gravy train with other ex AFL players Guerra and Hargreaves. Must be a money tree out on the Western Plains.

It's the same money tree that got Greenvale and Maribyrnong Park from B grade to the top of A grade.....

This is the most self indulgent bullsh1t I have read on this forum. If Eltham people REALLY believe this stuff, then they are doomed to a future of mid table results with no club success. Enjoy your back slapping pal. Other clubs are actually serious about winning games of footy......... I enjoyed reading this. I really did. It's just astonishing how some people can fool themselves rather than confront the REAL task at hand!

What are you on about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking the same thing...I remember my first beer too
You two must be dumber than I thought. Keeping bathing in your own bath water boys. We are all very impressed with the AFL listed players etc. If you think this counts for a lot, good luck.........Oh and by the way, Eltham U19 team this year acting like gooses repeatedly and then sh1t themselves when it mattered. Did they come through the same stunning development program?

You two must be dumber than I thought. Keeping bathing in your own bath water boys. We are all very impressed with the AFL listed players etc. If you think this counts for a lot, good luck.........Oh and by the way, Eltham U19 team this year acting like gooses repeatedly and then sh1t themselves when it mattered. Did they come through the same stunning development program?

Talking about seniors here champ. Not sure what your beef is with eltham but would love to hear it

Interleague squad

Trent Barbero (Bundoora), Billy Barden (Lower Plenty), Darcy Barden (Lower Plenty), Nick Carter (Northcote Park), Cameron Cloke (Bundoora), Gavan Connelly (Eltham), Cathal Corr (Macleod), Bronik Davies (Northcote Park), Kent Delbridge (Bundoora), Matthew Dennis (Bundoora), Ryan Docherty (Reservoir), Jesse Donaldson (Montmorency), Lochie Dornauf (Watsonia), Malcolm Dow (Fitzroy Stars), Ricky Dyson (Bundoora), Ali Fahour (West Preston-Lakeside), Ben Fennell (Hurstbridge), Michael Finn (Heidelberg), Patrick Fitzgerald (Montmorency), Alex Gleeson (West Preston-Lakeside), Shane Harvey (North Heidelberg), Nathan Hendry (Panton Hill), Lucas Hobbs (Whittlesea), Matthew Hyde (Greensborough), Ryan Jackson (Montmorency), Jason Kennedy (Heidelberg), Brad Leggett (Macleod), Brent Marshall (Bundoora), Brock McLennan (Northcote Park), Gary Moorcroft (Bundoora), Jeremy Page (Whittlesea), Tom Rogers (Eltham) Dillan Ronalds (St Mary’s), Kane Shaw (Macleod), Andrew Smith (Mernda), Shane Tennant (Montmorency), Julian Violato (Northcote Park), Ben Walton (Montmorency), Justin White (Macleod), Josh Whitehouse-Summers (Diamond Creek)

thoughts on who was stiff to miss out and anyone lucky to make it?

Interleague squad

Trent Barbero (Bundoora), Billy Barden (Lower Plenty), Darcy Barden (Lower Plenty), Nick Carter (Northcote Park), Cameron Cloke (Bundoora), Gavan Connelly (Eltham), Cathal Corr (Macleod), Bronik Davies (Northcote Park), Kent Delbridge (Bundoora), Matthew Dennis (Bundoora), Ryan Docherty (Reservoir), Jesse Donaldson (Montmorency), Lochie Dornauf (Watsonia), Malcolm Dow (Fitzroy Stars), Ricky Dyson (Bundoora), Ali Fahour (West Preston-Lakeside), Ben Fennell (Hurstbridge), Michael Finn (Heidelberg), Patrick Fitzgerald (Montmorency), Alex Gleeson (West Preston-Lakeside), Shane Harvey (North Heidelberg), Nathan Hendry (Panton Hill), Lucas Hobbs (Whittlesea), Matthew Hyde (Greensborough), Ryan Jackson (Montmorency), Jason Kennedy (Heidelberg), Brad Leggett (Macleod), Brent Marshall (Bundoora), Brock McLennan (Northcote Park), Gary Moorcroft (Bundoora), Jeremy Page (Whittlesea), Tom Rogers (Eltham) Dillan Ronalds (St Mary’s), Kane Shaw (Macleod), Andrew Smith (Mernda), Shane Tennant (Montmorency), Julian Violato (Northcote Park), Ben Walton (Montmorency), Justin White (Macleod), Josh Whitehouse-Summers (Diamond Creek)

Shane Harvey should be the only player picked in the final 24 from div 2 and 3! The rest woyld struggle to get a game in the top 3 div 1 sides let alone a comp side! My final 24 would be, DENNIS, HARVEY, CLOKE, DYSON, JACKSON, BARBERO, KENNEDY, TENNANT, WHITE, BARDEN, BARDEN, MOORCROFT, CORR, CONNELY, HYDE, CARTER, DAVIES, DELBRIDGE, MCLENNAN, FITZGERALD, GLEESON, LEGGETT, WALTON, DONALDSON OR MARSHALL

Shane Harvey should be the only player picked in the final 24 from div 2 and 3! The rest woyld struggle to get a game in the top 3 div 1 sides let alone a comp side! My final 24 would be, DENNIS, HARVEY, CLOKE, DYSON, JACKSON, BARBERO, KENNEDY, TENNANT, WHITE, BARDEN, BARDEN, MOORCROFT, CORR, CONNELY, HYDE, CARTER, DAVIES, DELBRIDGE, MCLENNAN, FITZGERALD, GLEESON, LEGGETT, WALTON, DONALDSON OR MARSHALL

Should be interesting to see how they decide on the lineup. Clearly they'll probably have a few training sessions together to get a feel of the team. Only eight of the players are from Div 2/3. I agree with you, Shane Harvey would probably make it out of Div 2/3. As I said above I'd love to see Smitty come in but I doubt it.

Surely there is something to talk about? Or at least for me to read at work? Ive had to resort to reading other leagues banter.

Going from the other leagues - Rumours of loses at the den.
Linked to other clubs include -
Sinclair - Obviously coaching in the Ammos
Dale Nolan - Morington
Nabbout - Douta Stars
Lynch - Douta Stars
Houlihan - Heard a WRFL & a EDFL side
Brad Miller
Symes - Bush - Gunbower
TB

Interleague squad

thoughts on who was stiff to miss out and anyone lucky to make it?

Stunned that Davey Mitchell (Bundoora) and Andrew Fairchild (Whittlesea) missed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back