Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The best footage available. A lot of heart ache could have been spared if this was released sooner.

Encouraging to see that his elbow was not lifted at the point of contact.

So will you apologize to harrison who youve dragged through the mud??
does not deserve the 8 weeks at all, 2 would be fair!! just the result of115kg vs 75kg!

Mungara must get weeks now, not much difference....

Geez ! Without viewing the footage, you would have thought a crime was committed. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if the 'stars' were in Divvy 1 and copped those sort of bumps on a weekly basis.
Also thought the penalty was harsh considering he pleaded guilty.

does not deserve the 8 weeks at all, 2 would be fair!! just the result of115kg vs 75kg!

I didn't have the luxury of this footage at the time which is why I stated if the footage was released earlier, a lot of emotional involvement could have been avoided.

Harrison had plenty of time to pull out of the bump. Jacko was going with the flight of the ball and knocked it away. Harrison continued to go for the bump, giving him total liability for whatever happens next, which was head high, high impact, deliberate and caused severe injury.

Can't see how Mungara got a red card for shoulder on shoulder contact.

Absolutely. A conversation with the police officer also said he witnessed the hit was off the ball.

No malice nosecondprize? This was not an accidental hit. Get real.
Still dont want to apologise to Harrison, For days u have been saying it was a hit off the ball, elbow, could have killed him. yes it was a high bump and thats it! And flogs like you make the situation worse by making things up and try to stir the pot!

Yeah validates the point I made earlier. Harrison's shoulder hits Jacko in the face, bump gone wrong. Probably two weeks. The fact that he pleaded guilty though and the innuendo probably extended the penalty, plus double suspension given its a GF. Either way, NFL have sent a message that they won't tolerate what happened on and off the field on the weekend and I'm all for it.

Mungara's hit would be play on (maybe a free kick at worst) in just about every game except for this one given what already happened and perhaps Hurstbridge/Mernda earlier in the year up at Ben Frilay which really threatened to explode. Fair enough the umpire adjudging the call didn't want the game to get out of control again. Don't think there was a tribunal case for it.

Still dont want to apologise to Harrison, For days u have been saying it was a hit off the ball, elbow, could have killed him. yes it was a high bump and thats it! And flogs like you make the situation worse by making things up and try to stir the pot!

It potentially could have been an elbow and until the clear footage provided by The Northern Footy Show, no one could claim without doubt that it wasn't. Paramedics placed his condition as serious enough to be placed in intensive care, so I won't deny that if his elbow raised earlier that it could have resulted in a much worse outcome.

I'd still claim it was off the ball as Harrison was never in the contest.

Irrelevant anyway, Harrison admits to wrong doing, evident by his guilty plea.

Not being involved with a Div 2 club, I have been reading all the comments regarding the Harrison and Brown bumps, and have just now seen the video of both incidents and I feel both players have been hard done by with the weeks they recd. Then the question has to be asked, if Harrison's sentence was doubled because of a GF, why then wasn't Browns.
TA 25, you are a disgrace with your earlier rants and then what a backflip you have done, best you keep your opinions to yourself until you are sure of the facts.

On a seperate note I hope lionel suffers no ill effects from the bump and is able to continue playing on next year.

It potentially could have been an elbow and until the clear footage provided by The Northern Footy Show, no one could claim without doubt that it wasn't. Paramedics placed his condition as serious enough to be placed in intensive care, so I won't deny that if his elbow raised earlier that it could have resulted in a much worse outcome.

Yeah validates the point I made earlier. Harrison's shoulder hits Jacko in the face, bump gone wrong. Probably two weeks. The fact that he pleaded guilty though and the innuendo probably extended the penalty, plus double suspension given its a GF. Either way, NFL have sent a message that they won't tolerate what happened on and off the field on the weekend and I'm all for it.

Mungara's hit would be play on (maybe a free kick at worst) in just about every game except for this one given what already happened and perhaps Hurstbridge/Mernda earlier in the year up at Ben Frilay which really threatened to explode. Fair enough the umpire adjudging the call didn't want the game to get out of control again. Don't think there was a tribunal case for it.

Well summarised the behaviour of some of the crowd and people on line stirring the pot and in all likely hood some on here probably were not there.This was an old fashion shirt front and 8 weeks is a disgrace. .

How could something "potentially could have been an elbow"? That is the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on big footy.

The amount of mud thrown on Harrison for this incident was disgraceful. Thank god for modern technology where he had the opportunity to clear his name. Also is a reminder to people be very careful to brand people before all the facts have all been gathered and let the relevant authorities to deal with these types of sensitive issues thoroughly and with an unbiased few.

In saying that.... 8 weeks is a disgrace. Half a season for a bump to the head is absolute bullshit. Everyone understands you cannot make head high contact in modern day footy, but to suspend a bloke for half a year for a split second decision is downright wrong. We've seen blokes box on this year and receive nothing, blokes enter the ground when on the bench to engage in a melee and receive nothing. The NFL have made an absolute mockery of themselves and how they are trying to portray a professionally run organization. Remember people Barry Hall received 8 weeks for his hit on Brent Staker. Now compare the two incidence and who could honestly put them in the same category? And don't forget one bloke has a lengthy incident filled tribunal record littered with many suspensions and one has been reported once in his career. s**t decision NFL!!!!!

How many years have we been the NFL and not the DVFL.
Sooner or later the people in charge will realise there is a word called consistency and start to put it into practice.

How could something "potentially could have been an elbow"? That is the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on big footy.

You seem to have misunderstood my comment. The original footage was poor and it was indistinguishable to see whether he hit him with a shoulder or elbow. The newer footage gives us a much better and accurate view of what happened.

The amount of mud thrown on Harrison for this incident was disgraceful. Thank god for modern technology where he had the opportunity to clear his name. Also is a reminder to people be very careful to brand people before all the facts have all been gathered and let the relevant authorities to deal with these types of sensitive issues thoroughly and with an unbiased few.

In saying that.... 8 weeks is a disgrace. Half a season for a bump to the head is absolute bullshit. Everyone understands you cannot make head high contact in modern day footy, but to suspend a bloke for half a year for a split second decision is downright wrong. We've seen blokes box on this year and receive nothing, blokes enter the ground when on the bench to engage in a melee and receive nothing. The NFL have made an absolute mockery of themselves and how they are trying to portray a professionally run organization. Remember people Barry Hall received 8 weeks for his hit on Brent Staker. Now compare the two incidence and who could honestly put them in the same category? And don't forget one bloke has a lengthy incident filled tribunal record littered with many suspensions and one has been reported once in his career. s**t decision NFL!!!!!

True how true

Some Fitzroy people need to probably calm down. Harros house attacked, gangs waiting for him.he has had to leave town. Disgrace. And the idiots calling him racist...may want to meet his indigenous wife . This is getting out of hand and not doing anyone favours.

NFL YOU NEED TO ACT IF THIS IS TRUE, BECAUSE ANY OTHER CLUB WOULD THEY BE TREATED THE SAME IF THERE SUPPORTERS CARRIED ON LIKE THIS.I think not.

Before anyone throws around the racist tag at me for my comment members of my family are indigenous including my own children and Tribal men from up north are family members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to have misunderstood my comment. The original footage was poor and it was indistinguishable to see whether he hit him with a shoulder or elbow. The newer footage gives us a much better and accurate view of what happened.
You were basing your judgement on what you saw on match day not on later video. Get off this thread and stop making a fool of yourself.

In saying that.... 8 weeks is a disgrace. Half a season for a bump to the head is absolute bullshit. Everyone understands you cannot make head high contact in modern day footy, but to suspend a bloke for half a year for a split second decision is downright wrong. We've seen blokes box on this year and receive nothing, blokes enter the ground when on the bench to engage in a melee and receive nothing. The NFL have made an absolute mockery of themselves and how they are trying to portray a professionally run organization. Remember people Barry Hall received 8 weeks for his hit on Brent Staker. Now compare the two incidence and who could honestly put them in the same category? And don't forget one bloke has a lengthy incident filled tribunal record littered with many suspensions and one has been reported once in his career. s**t decision NFL!!!!![/quote

Well said SPC!!
In other words TA25 you are a massive c**khead so too are you HURRICANE

I like most had only read about the bump on different forums, reading alot of posts here and on various FB pages you would have thought it was a weak dog act behind the play, and after seeing the penalty I like most were left to think that was the case. Now this footage is out i am at a loss to undersatand how the NFL can possable hand down an 8 week suspension. Simple bump in play that had an unfortunate outcome. Unfortunatly it looks like the tribunal have pandered to the angry mob rather than look at the facts.
Lets just hope the FS actually see it for what it was and move on.

So will you apologize to Harrison who you've dragged through the mud??
does not deserve the 8 weeks at all, 2 would be fair!! just the result of 115kg vs 75kg!

Mungara was not referred to Tribunal even though a red card was given wonder why.Not a lot of difference bet if it was Whittlesea would have been.

Just watched the clear footage and this is what I can gather:
Things going against Harro:
- He elected to bump even though there was no intention of hitting him head high
- Due to the way Proctor's head whips back its safe to say there was contact to the head by some part of Harro's arm/shoulder (incidental however)
- Proctor sustained a serious injury
However it's clear that:
- It was not off the ball
- There was no intentional elbow

So the conduct is reckless, but intentional, impact was high (possibly severe due to the injury) and there was contact to the head. In the AFL he'd get 5 weeks down to 4 with an early guilty plea.

In my opinion it's a 3-4 weeker. Unfortunately the law is that a GF suspension is doubled so I think people should stop crying saying that it's an 8-week suspension, because it's not. It's a 4 week suspension that, through an unfortunate NFL law, has been doubled.

Absolutely devastated for Proctor as he is a great player and may have been the difference that the Stars needed.

Also feel for Harro who has been made public enemy number 1, and because of some sh*t heads in the crowd, was not able to celebrate his team's victory or receive his medal.

Just watched the clear footage and this is what I can gather:
Things going against Harro:
- He elected to bump even though there was no intention of hitting him head high
- Due to the way Proctor's head whips back its safe to say there was contact to the head by some part of Harro's arm/shoulder (incidental however)
- Proctor sustained a serious injury
However it's clear that:
- It was not off the ball
- There was no intentional elbow

So the conduct is reckless, but intentional, impact was high (possibly severe due to the injury) and there was contact to the head. In the AFL he'd get 5 weeks down to 4 with an early guilty plea.

In my opinion it's a 3-4 weeker. Unfortunately the law is that a GF suspension is doubled so I think people should stop crying saying that it's an 8-week suspension, because it's not. It's a 4 week suspension that, through an unfortunate NFL law, has been doubled.

Absolutely devastated for Proctor as he is a great player and may have been the difference that the Stars needed.

Also feel for Harro who has been made public enemy number 1, and because of some sh*t heads in the crowd, was not able to celebrate his team's victory or receive his medal.

We had a similar incident last season in our division 1 senior grand final where we had a player punch and kick a player behind the ball. (EDFL)

Having not seen the game in the weekend, I still feel as though Paul Harrison has been treated harshly.

The bloke from last year received 11 weeks for punching a player behind play and then kicking him in the head whilst he lay on the ground.

The weekend's incident where a bump went wrong, to get 8 weeks, makes me think either the NFL acted harshly, or the EDFL were too lenient last season. I believe it is about time that all metropolitan leagues were brought into line with their punishments, especially before the new intra-league metropolitan carnival kicks off in march.

Still laughable the nfl! The Tom & Jerry show running the comp. 8 weeks is insane for this, what do u expect when 2 softies from the ammos are running it. Next few weeks could be interesting from what I'm hearing, perhaps the jokers might need to explain some things to a higher authority, comprehensive complaint detailing irregular decisions made by the cartoon characters. Watch this space..............

Question is will Harro play D1 footy next season or is he looking at other D2 clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back