NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider the following allegation(s). After the Montmorency(MFC) v Heidelberg game a 60 year old male (5 year member of the MFC) was assaulted inside the clubrooms. No need to outline the details as they are considerably unsavoury. Attempts have been made by the victim to contact the relevant person at the Club. To date the victim remains just that. A victim! While this incident at this point in time is nothing more than allegations ... if found to be true ... it remains for others to comment and/or resolve.
Assaulted by a Mont supporter or Heid?

Everyone has played everyone now. Whats the thoughts?

Personally i think Greensborough vs Heidelberg will be the grand final. Full Credit goes to Greensborough, really stepped up this season when they weren't overly expected to.

Relegation battle is still on in my opinion. Whittlesea will win one at home, How many they win is a different question but i think they will certainly pinch one or two. Eltham need one more win to be safe.

Ruling out Monty and Bundoora this early...... I have seen them all play and all four are capable. (despite ladder atm) Agree about the Slime, they have stepped up very well, proof will be the second half of the season though.

Whittlesea will not win a game. If they do check the betting.

Probably comes as a shock to 99 percent of the NFL community, but they are a very well drilled and coached unit. Having said that, I think whoever ends up in the 5 at the pointy end will fancy there chances.

Dunno if a total shock. As an outsider all I have heard for the past year is how good the Coach and Asst Coaches are and you have to believe players so its just showing that faith and hard, smart work pays off.

Yeah yeah yeah, before people comment I have been AWOL for a while.

I have been watching games just no ability to do mid-week BF.

I have a plan for a new mid-season tipping comp. If you are interested stay tuned.

Heard that that a certain player from whittlesea slid into a Northcote player with intent to injure them on the weekend but resulted in them injuring themselves and possibly missing the remainder of the season...can anyone confirm this from either teams ?

Ruling out Monty and Bundoora this early...... I have seen them all play and all four are capable. (despite ladder atm) Agree about the Slime, they have stepped up very well, proof will be the second half of the season though.

Whittlesea will not win a game. If they do check the betting.

Not writing them off at all, just think from what i have seen that Heidelberg and Greensborough are the two best teams

I reckon Craig Hunter deserves a bit of credit for what he has done with Heidelberg this season. I tipped them for bottom 4 at the start of the year after seeing all the departures but it just goes to show what a great coach can do with an average list. 11 years at the top and still going...quite remarkable.

I reckon Craig Hunter deserves a bit of credit for what he has done with Heidelberg this season. I tipped them for bottom 4 at the start of the year after seeing all the departures but it just goes to show what a great coach can do with an average list. 11 years at the top and still going...quite remarkable.
Rather than average, results to date would suggest the list is more like the Aldi brand (plain wrapping but just as good as the real thing). If you had offered the Tigers brains trust 8-1 at the half way mark I'm sure they would have jumped at it.
That said the finish line is a long way off and as weekly results have shown, anything is possible on the day, particularly coming into the mud and slush of winter.

Rather than average, results to date would suggest the list is more like the Aldi brand (plain wrapping but just as good as the real thing). If you had offered the Tigers brains trust 8-1 at the half way mark I'm sure they would have jumped at it.
That said the finish line is a long way off and as weekly results have shown, anything is possible on the day, particularly coming into the mud and slush of winter.
A lot of blue-collar players who get the best out of themselves, playing for each other and the coach. After watching Hberg for over 10 years it is very refreshing to see the new outfit play for the jumper as whole rather than a select few over the past few seasons who's motives for playing could be described as the opposite. I think the slush and mud will suit the bergs more as the season progresses.

A lot of blue-collar players who get the best out of themselves, playing for each other and the coach. After watching Hberg for over 10 years it is very refreshing to see the new outfit play for the jumper as whole rather than a select few over the past few seasons who's motives for playing could be described as the opposite. I think the slush and mud will suit the bergs more as the season progresses.
Harsh comments about a group of players who won numerous flags and delighted the heidelberg faithful over many years. I do not believe they would have been so successful if they were not playing as a team.. But BWTL, you probably know more about those players than i do, so would you care to enlighten the rest of us with names who you consider were not playing for the team and the jumper.

Harsh comments about a group of players who won numerous flags and delighted the heidelberg faithful over many years. I do not believe they would have been so successful if they were not playing as a team.. But BWTL, you probably know more about those players than i do, so would you care to enlighten the rest of us with names who you consider were not playing for the team and the jumper.

I think Berger may have been alluding to some of the post-Plunkett era players such as Mark Lynch, Lance Oswald, Rhys Healey, Chris Cullinan et al that clearly never had their heart in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, pretty poor effort but not surprising by people at Montmorency to actively discourage supporters from making purchases at game v Lower last Saturday. Signs were placed on trees around Lowers ground advising people that the Montmorency rooms were open for food and beverage purchases during game. Kids were also heard walking around prior to half time break telling Mont supporters to head down to rooms at half time. This along with abusive refusal to purchase raffle tickets by so called supporters, probably just highlights how petty this mob are. It would be tempting to return the favour in the future, suffice to say we are not the type to sink to the lows of others! Despite there efforts it was a successful day and the 4 points made it much more sweeter.

If true, pretty poor effort but not surprising by people at Montmorency to actively discourage supporters from making purchases at game v Lower last Saturday. Signs were placed on trees around Lowers ground advising people that the Montmorency rooms were open for food and beverage purchases during game. Kids were also heard walking around prior to half time break telling Mont supporters to head down to rooms at half time. This along with abusive refusal to purchase raffle tickets by so called supporters, probably just highlights how petty this mob are. It would be tempting to return the favour in the future, suffice to say we are not the type to sink to the lows of others! Despite there efforts it was a successful day and the 4 points made it much more sweeter.

That's a disgrace if true. Very ordinary people at Mont.

That's a disgrace if true. Very ordinary people at Mont.
Agreed. Along with there protestations over the fact that the game chosen was against them and there claim that we were trading off there supporter base and success suggests it to be likely. The date had nothing to do with Lower as it was one of 2 available with the other being an away game. As previously said, great day and result, but must be backed up this week against a serious threat in the Panther at there home. Will be a tight affair I think.

Round 10.
Northcote Park vs Macleod The Kangas were surprisingly big winners last week and should win here again against a disappointing Cougars
Eltham vs Lower Plenty The Bears saluted well last week and shouldn't take the Panthers lightly
West Preston vs Bundoora Still think the Bulls are the best in the division and should prove so against the Roosters
Montmorency vs Greensborough Both suffered losses last week allbeit in different circumstances and have a feeling that the Maggies can beat the Boro
Heidelberg vs Whittlesea This could get ugly, but hope not, as the Tigers look to clip the Eagles

NP v Macleod.....Cougars back on the winners list this week
Eltham v Lower Plenty...danger game for Lower but should win
West v Bulls...Bulls too good to lose this
Mont v Greensy...Slime too much run for Mont
Heidelberg v Whittlesea...Eagles wont trouble Heidelberg at Warringal

Pending a big last qtr. Rumour abounds amongst many of the Mont faithful that the coach is on borrowed time and that one of his lieutenants is eyeing off the top gig. Certainly is a fair bit of distance between them on the sidelines!

Workmanlike win for the Bears today v Eltham. Disappointingly was the lack of respect of the Eltham players/coaching staff who decided to have beers in the change rooms instead of being present for Laurie and Shannon Stricklands presentation of the Strickland trophy. Poor form boys and no excuse! Special mention to Darcy Barden who took the mic and paid tribute to Danny and the family. For a 22yo captain, he speaks beyond his years and is a great leader.

Workmanlike win for the Bears today v Eltham. Disappointingly was the lack of respect of the Eltham players/coaching staff who decided to have beers in the change rooms instead of being present for Laurie and Shannon Stricklands presentation of the Strickland trophy. Poor form boys and no excuse! Special mention to Darcy Barden who took the mic and paid tribute to Danny and the family. For a 22yo captain, he speaks beyond his years and is a great leader.

Agree poor form and no excuse.

Get your facts right. I think there was more Eltham Players than Lower Plenty players in the room. Lower Plenty wanted the Presentation early so that they could get away early, that might have something to do with it . Most of the Lower players left without even going in the rooms to start with. - Was there a function back at Lower maybe?? Having beers in the changing room I dont think so, they were getting a grilling.

Last edited:
Get your facts right. I think there was more Eltham Players than Lower Plenty players in the room. Lower Plenty wanted the Presentation early so that they could get away early, that might have something to do with it . Most of the Lower players left without even going in the rooms to start with. - Was there a function back at Lower maybe?? Having beers in the changing room I dont think so, they were getting a grilling.

Sounds reasonable and I have no doubt the coach had things to say.

I was in there for a while and there did seem to be a rather empty rooms compared to normal. I hope both clubs do the righty next time. Ripping family and awesome way to remember a tragedy that happened to a great bloke.

Take the blinkers off FBH. No excuse! The players were seen getting beers and going back in. Yes we did have a function at rooms, but not till 7.30.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back