NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Eltham have announced they have resigned their coach for two years. Smart move or a bit premature? 2 wins from a team that played finals last year is a big slide

Geez a complaint put into council re the bunting put up for Campbell Brown game at Lower. Doesn't take Einstein to work out where that originated from! Just can't help themselves that mob.

Some interesting games this week.
Round 11.
Northcote Park vs Greensborough The Boro are playing much better than the Cougars at the moment
Macleod vs Whittlesea Hard to see the Eagles winning at the difficult Kangas ground
Eltham vs West Preston The Roosters should be able to handle the Panthers
Lower Plenty vs Heidelberg The Tigers should stop the barnstorming Bears
Bundoora vs Montmorency The Bulls to bunce back hard against the Maggies

Workmanlike win for the Bears today v Eltham. Disappointingly was the lack of respect of the Eltham players/coaching staff who decided to have beers in the change rooms instead of being present for Laurie and Shannon Stricklands presentation of the Strickland trophy. Poor form boys and no excuse! Special mention to Darcy Barden who took the mic and paid tribute to Danny and the family. For a 22yo captain, he speaks beyond his years and is a great leader.

Obvious apologies to the Strickland family if any offense was taken by a great family involved in both the eltham and lower plenty football clubs, very appropriate to have a game in remembrance of danny. Having been in the rooms at the time it was more a reflection time, than the players drinking, and if the players were made aware of the timing of the presentation all 22 would have been present for it. In future brutal if you would like to address your concerns directly to the football club or our coach who I would assume you would know as he was a player at your club for many years, rather than a public forum where nothing can be resolved that would be much appreciated.

Obvious apologies to the Strickland family if any offense was taken by a great family involved in both the eltham and lower plenty football clubs, very appropriate to have a game in remembrance of danny. Having been in the rooms at the time it was more a reflection time, than the players drinking, and if the players were made aware of the timing of the presentation all 22 would have been present for it. In future brutal if you would like to address your concerns directly to the football club or our coach who I would assume you would know as he was a player at your club for many years, rather than a public forum where nothing can be resolved that would be much appreciated.
Point taken. Perhaps next time a football manager or President could inform coach of events.

Is everybody else not able to get the best players up from all games on the website or how do I get them if someone could let me know that would be great

Yep! No worries there Brutal. Outplayed today. I think we'll see you all come finals. Kudos also to the Lower Plenty Club for showing respect to Stinga.
Yeah, congratulations to Blair on a great career. We wish him well for the remainder of his final season. I noticed a few of Plenty Valley Super rules guys watching yesterday, perhaps hoping to recruit him for next year:)

Yeah, congratulations to Blair on a great career. We wish him well for the remainder of his final season. I noticed a few of Plenty Valley Super rules guys watching yesterday, perhaps hoping to recruit him for next year:)
Full marks to Vinnie and Lower who locked down and counter punched beautifully on the matchbox ground. Tigers cause not helped by the terrible injury to Brunelli however some well down on intensity which is poor given the context of the day. Consolidating top spot and saluting a club/league legend's milestone apparently wasn't sufficient motivation.

I'm the same. Can't locate best players or goal kickers. New format is crap!

By fiddling around I found that you can get the match details, by going to the results page, clicking on the team you want, then under the 'Last 5' section, clicking on the date of the game you want to see. Not very user friendly at all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By fiddling around I found that you can get the match details, by going to the results page, clicking on the team you want, then under the 'Last 5' section, clicking on the date of the game you want to see. Not very user friendly at all!
Got it working. If you just tap on the result it actually displays after a couple of seconds. Don't tap on any of the team names though.

Pending clearance - David Rodan AFL to West Preston

Would be a massive get right on the 30th June deathknock. Are his knee's ready to play?

Pending clearance - David Rodan AFL to West Preston

Would be a massive get right on the 30th June deathknock. Are his knee's ready to play?

Would probably be a bit careful with his knees on the ordinary surfaces such as Mont and Macleod. All the best for him though if he is serious. West are a massive dark horse

Full marks to Vinnie and Lower who locked down and counter punched beautifully on the matchbox ground. Tigers cause not helped by the terrible injury to Brunelli however some well down on intensity which is poor given the context of the day. Consolidating top spot and saluting a club/league legend's milestone apparently wasn't sufficient motivation.
Lower Plenty have re-signed Vinny for another 2 seasons.

Would probably be a bit careful with his knees on the ordinary surfaces such as Mont and Macleod. All the best for him though if he is serious. West are a massive dark horse

Moved alright in the EJ Whitten game on Tuesday night. This included jumping over fence into the crowd. Knees can't be too bad.

Round 12.
Montmorency vs Macleod Think the Maggies can withstand a charge from the Kangas
Greensborough vs Lower Plenty Although the Bears are on a high think the Boro can bring them back down to earth
Heidelberg vs Bundoora And interesting game with the Bulls to inflict another loss for the Tigers
Whittlesea vs Eltham Looking for a bit of an upset here with the Eagles to break their duck ove rthe Panthers
West Preston vs Northcote Park Another interesting game that should be close all day with the Roosters getting the nod from the Cougars

Round 12.
Montmorency vs Macleod Think the Maggies can withstand a charge from the Kangas
Greensborough vs Lower Plenty Although the Bears are on a high think the Boro can bring them back down to earth
Heidelberg vs Bundoora And interesting game with the Bulls to inflict another loss for the Tigers
Whittlesea vs Eltham Looking for a bit of an upset here with the Eagles to break their duck ove rthe Panthers
West Preston vs Northcote Park Another interesting game that should be close all day with the Roosters getting the nod from the Cougars

Don't quit your day job chief...up the panthers!!

What's going on at Mont...seemed to lose the plot after half time.
They were up by 7 goals at one stage. Look a million bucks when they find space and run. Close down there space and they are like a team that can't locate the exit in a dark room. Game plan is predictable and quite easy to shut down if opposition is disciplined and focused.

They were up by 7 goals at one stage. Look a million bucks when they find space and run. Close down there space and they are like a team that can't locate the exit in a dark room. Game plan is predictable and quite easy to shut down if opposition is disciplined and focused.

Does the coach keep his job?

I have heard some rumblings down Para Rd that some expected him shown the door a few weeks ago. I do not know the intricacies of his appointment; he is a life member and a sponsor. They do have three of the bottom teams to play so I think they can still sneak in but that will rely on others losing and they way the season has gone and they way the Bears (but % must be of concern) and Macleod are playing its not going to be easy. Let alone getting over the Bulls (who also have the bottom three in the remaining rounds)

Whilst my team is well out on contention this is gearing up as one sensational ending to a season in years, I look at the next three rounds and they will be interesting but the last three will keep everyone on edge till the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back