Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

ManInWhite

Ex ManInWhite
Apr 6, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Any advance news on what's happening next year?

Are Thornton getting any traction?

Does anyone believe the FB rumours about Gembrook looking at Ellinbank League?

Let's talk off season rumors and signings..
Hearing a lot coming out of warby through work:
- Alex Calder back from stint in the EFL, heard has signed as a playing assistant coach on very good money
- Grant Newing back also after time in the EFL, would be on good coin also quality player and clubman.. and hearing whispers of 1 or 2 former burras heading back home next season..
Got the young brigade already to do some damage in 2014 if these rumors are true and those types of players are returning. Good signs!

12 months notice Brookers then off you go !!!

In all seriousness, if Gembrook go and Kinglake continue in the same vein as 2013, where on earth does it leave Division 2 football ? It's getting harder and harder !

Unless the wheels have completely fallen off, you would think Gembrook have an extremely good chance of returning to Div 1. As such, they have to make an early call on whether to play 2015 elsewhere or possibly in Div 1.

I can't imagine gembrook jumping ship.
They have a great history in the Yarra Valley.
This year was a real downer for them but most clubs go through tough times. that's what makes the good times more enjoyable!
They still have a good list, Clarke and Clark hard to cover but they are in a unique area where they recruit from different areas than most YV clubs.
Can't imagine Leo in present role would be letting this happen.

Any B&F results for clubs, if you know any, do share.
Also, in and outs, retirements, coaches leaving.

Is
I can't imagine gembrook jumping ship.
They have a great history in the Yarra Valley.
This year was a real downer for them but most clubs go through tough times. that's what makes the good times more enjoyable!
They still have a good list, Clarke and Clark hard to cover but they are in a unique area where they recruit from different areas than most YV clubs.
Can't imagine Leo in present role would be letting this happen.

Any B&F results for clubs, if you know any, do share.
Also, in and outs, retirements, coaches leaving.
Is Ricky Clark not coaching the Brookers next year?

Better CHB than forward. Hope he has improved his own discipline since I last played with him since he is now a coach
Wouldn't have thought so Roota, leopards tend to not change their spots. Questionable appointment for mine especially when you take into account the amount of cash he was spruiking he wanted.

heard on the grapevine jugga signed robbie ross from vermont yesterday great get for the kennel!

can confirm this is true. I work with Robbie's old man and he told me about it last week. will be a huge pickup for the dogs. 4 x premiership player (youngest in Vermont's history) and #1 ruckman in 2012 efl team of year. should be a really good pickup.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So leads the Brookers to Divy 2 then pulls the pin.
No surprise there. Was a bad appointment from the start IMO (and I emphasise MY OPINION) great footballer but was never going to make it as a coach. Too self driven and never had the full support of his players starting from the top. He and AJ basically hated each other and was more than evident as the year went on.

Any advance news on what's happening next year?

Are Thornton getting any traction?

Does anyone believe the FB rumours about Gembrook looking at Ellinbank League?

I see Thornton have committed to re-entering in 2014.

In B&f news.Tim mcKail won at Warby and Mitch Bonuda at Woori

Best and Fairest Winners announced tonight

Seniors Sam Gooley
Reserves Tim Harris
Under 18's Will Mutschler
Netball A Jordan Lingard
Netball A Reserves Katie Lowe
Netball B Lilly Moore
Netball B Reserves Michelle Tomlinson

Belgrave's B&F winners

SENIORS - TOM STUBLEY
RESERVES - LUKE FITZGERALD
U18'S - LUKE CATON
A GRADE - ANGELA JEFFERY
A RES - KARA SALMON
B GRADE - BROOKE COCHRANE
B RES - DEB WEISGERBER

Great news for Kinglake with Andy Goodwin taking on what will be a tough job. I think he is the perfect guy for the job, motivated and really set in his ways. Hate to see clubs struggling but love seeing people put back into the communities and I am sure he has got a fair bit on his plate so tipping based on his standing in footy that he really didn't need to do this.
I already had massive admiration for the guy but it has just gone up a level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back