Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone want to do some ladder predictions?

I'll probably have to pull splinters out of my arse from sitting on the fence, but I can't see much difference for this coming season from the last. Wandin and Upwey to be the top two with Woori on the next rung at three. Belgrave and Emerald to take fourth and fifth. You can pretty much throw a blanket over the rest. Pretty hard to read Monbulk as they were facing relegation a month out from the end of last season, but came close to scraping into the five. Healesville will ensure they don't go straight back down and Olinda, who have just avoided relegation the last two seasons, will find it third time (un)lucky.

For what it's worth:

Wandin
Upwey
Woori
Belgrave
Emerald

Mount Evelyn
Warburton
Healesville
Monbulk
Olinda

Premiers: Wandin
Relegation:Olinda

Broadford football club are looking for a game on the 8th of March (away) 2-3 games of football and netball
If anyone is free on that date please call skip bray on 0438056613
Thanks

Kinglake v Yarra Glen under lights ANZAC Day with a big name recruit playing for the Lakers. Let's see if they get through this game without being knocked out.

Big rumours around the jam factory that monbulk may be doing a silvan with two x demons in Robertson and whelan signed and cam Bruce playing when hawthorn duties allow. Which from what I hear is around 10 games. Some handy inclusions. I believe negotiations are in place with the yze brothers as well.

Big rumours around the jam factory that monbulk may be doing a silvan with two x demons in Robertson and whelan signed and cam Bruce playing when hawthorn duties allow. Which from what I hear is around 10 games. Some handy inclusions. I believe negotiations are in place with the yze brothers as well.

Given the coach is great mates with those blokes why not

January Wrap: Garion is a flog!!
The Finger has no life!!
Gembrook, Emerald & Hampton Park are the new Warburton, Powelltown & Yarra Junction!!
Roota#6 Can you please change your name to TW Sherrin head!!
Late Mail: Healesville to make the 5!!

Why a flog Warby. What have you given us Adam not much why don't you let us know who Warby have picked up and who they have lost.

Very quiet in first divvy to with only whispers coming out of everywhere bar wandin where they are shouting as usual. Upwey really quiet any news on who they have picked up.

Just returning players for upwey. Jason O'Donnell, Adam Parsons and Michael Charles (assistant coaching position too), David Bell could also be returning.

Why a flog Warby. What have you given us Adam not much why don't you let us know who Warby have picked up and who they have lost.
Flog seemed more appropriate than Garion..... Sticking with the young locals up here with a possibility of some old heads returning. No outs at this stage, apart from the laughable suspension of Mick Walker!! It's really positive to have kids stepping up.

Pet names I like that. I might call you fat boy then Adam. Now we've got that out of the way, what old heads are we talking? Think we run into each other round one at Warby and I suppose we see how close I am to the mark with the rumours next week when clearances start. See you fat boy

Pet names I like that. I might call you fat boy then Adam. Now we've got that out of the way, what old heads are we talking? Think we run into each other round one at Warby and I suppose we see how close I am to the mark with the rumours next week when clearances start. See you fat boy

When does the season begin seems boredom has got to a few.

1st time poster - long time reader
2nd Division Ladder Predictions end of Season

Seville-Must win it eventually -in a growth area to attract players.
Yarra Glen-Big numbers at pre-season training.Ditto for growth area.
Alexandra-Have recruited several EFL players-may lack depth of top 2.
Yarra Junction-Always thereabouts with strong infrastructure.
Powelltown-Top 3 chance if depth holds up-whispers have recruited well.

Gembrook-Should gain momentum back by season start.
Kinglake-New Coach with lots of positive vibes.
Yea-Need to recruit to add experience to young list.
Thornton-Eildon-Lots of enthusiasm early but coming from a long way back.

Having played in a number of Rebels V Shinboners Derbies with battle scars to prove it-will look forward to same again as appears rivalry more intense than ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monbulk making the early running, with Russel Robertson and Shane Williams along with Mark Favrin coming back, does anyone know if they have kept the veterans like Juice and Wraggy???

Few out at Mt Eve, looks like they are heading to Silvan to rejoin Chris Murphy.

Is Smith from Wandin to Yarra Glen a suprise, hadn't heard that one

Monbulk making the early running, with Russel Robertson and Shane Williams along with Mark Favrin coming back, does anyone know if they have kept the veterans like Juice and Wraggy???

Few out at Mt Eve, looks like they are heading to Silvan to rejoin Chris Murphy.

Is Smith from Wandin to Yarra Glen a suprise, hadn't heard that one

Juice had a pretty major hip op pre-xmas, I think he's recovering nicely, not sure about his playing future. I'd expect Wragg to play though !

Mt.Ev boys mustn't be overly keen in the running dept, going from the postage stamp to the 50 cent coin...

1st time poster - long time reader
2nd Division Ladder Predictions end of Season

Seville-Must win it eventually -in a growth area to attract players.
Yarra Glen-Big numbers at pre-season training.Ditto for growth area.
Alexandra-Have recruited several EFL players-may lack depth of top 2.
Yarra Junction-Always thereabouts with strong infrastructure.
Powelltown-Top 3 chance if depth holds up-whispers have recruited well.

Gembrook-Should gain momentum back by season start.
Kinglake-New Coach with lots of positive vibes.
Yea-Need to recruit to add experience to young list.
Thornton-Eildon-Lots of enthusiasm early but coming from a long way back.

Having played in a number of Rebels V Shinboners Derbies with battle scars to prove it-will look forward to same again as appears rivalry more intense than ever.
just wondering if there is going to be any players from the 2012 grand final gembrook side playing this year?
did shitta know prior to signing on that an exodus like this would occur
clark,Clarke,shipp,scott,gough,lerversha,Williams,walker,volta,muratore,brown,causer,main,welsh,etc etc
seems a shame that a club so close can go so bad

Flog seemed more appropriate than Garion..... Sticking with the young locals up here with a possibility of some old heads returning. No outs at this stage, apart from the laughable suspension of Mick Walker!! It's really positive to have kids stepping up.
= no none wants to play there
= where broke. have to rely on kids.
= humpa is running out of sigs.

just wondering if there is going to be any players from the 2012 grand final gembrook side playing this year?
did shitta know prior to signing on that an exodus like this would occur
clark,Clarke,shipp,scott,gough,lerversha,Williams,walker,volta,muratore,brown,causer,main,welsh,etc etc
seems a shame that a club so close can go so bad

I am hoping that shitti knew that Muratore, Volta, Brown, Causer and Welsh weren't going to be there seeing as they left at end of 2012??? (4 to play at higher levels at one who moved interstate)
I am also assuming he knew that he knew that Shipp and Clarke wouldn't be there as they retired at the end of last year????
Of those that remain on your list Gough, Laversha, Scott, Walker have all gone on to play higher level (EFL Div 1) and you could prob add Williams to that list who stayed on in Div 1 rather than play Div 2 footy.
Players move on - that footy.

I think you will find that a lot of money was tied up in those players and with them moving on Shitti may have replaced them with many more just as talented players....They look to have recruited well including 4 VFL listed players.

Justin Myers is a shock exit from Wandin, reigning B&F!! What's going on up at the kennel?? Dogs are off the leash. Interesting move by Sam Hills to YG also, coaches mates??

I am hoping that shitti knew that Muratore, Volta, Brown, Causer and Welsh weren't going to be there seeing as they left at end of 2012??? (4 to play at higher levels at one who moved interstate)
I am also assuming he knew that he knew that Shipp and Clarke wouldn't be there as they retired at the end of last year????
Of those that remain on your list Gough, Laversha, Scott, Walker have all gone on to play higher level (EFL Div 1) and you could prob add Williams to that list who stayed on in Div 1 rather than play Div 2 footy.
Players move on - that footy.

I think you will find that a lot of money was tied up in those players and with them moving on Shitti may have replaced them with many more just as talented players....They look to have recruited well including 4 VFL listed players.
My mistake I didn't realize that all clubs turn over 100% of there senior list in 18 months

Couple of thing's floating around at the minute.

Upwey are not happy at all about not getting the ANZAC day at home this season v Belgrave. The only reason they believe it should be their home game is that they are Upwey. They have strongly approached the League and Belgrave to have the game swapped to the Dome. The League proposed they get together with Belgrave and flip a coin. Well sorted League.:thumbsdown:

Big thank's to Warburton Millgrove for not swapping the Round One game with Monbulk so the club can get value for money out of Russel Robertson's appearance. Really showing the true spirit of local footy.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Couple of thing's floating around at the minute.

Upwey are not happy at all about not getting the ANZAC day at home this season v Belgrave. The only reason they believe it should be their home game is that they are Upwey. They have strongly approached the League and Belgrave to have the game swapped to the Dome. The League proposed they get together with Belgrave and flip a coin. Well sorted League.:thumbsdown:

Big thank's to Warburton Millgrove for not swapping the Round One game with Monbulk so the club can get value for money out of Russel Robertson's appearance. Really showing the true spirit of local footy.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The distortion in this comment is mind blowing and is worthy of an answer.

Many years ago Upwey instigated the ANZAC day game with Monbulk, and when Monnie decided they would not proceed this year at the Dome, Upwey approached Belgrave to get them on board. Both Clubs wanted the game played at their ground understandably; both clubs put submissions in accordingly. I understand the league board was split and has suggested a coin toss to decide who will host this year. Both clubs have agreed on that and on the best way of ensuring neither club is disadvantaged going forward. Seems like a common sense solution all round.

Is Robertson only playing one game? Not Warbys problem if Monbulk cannot get value for money that round or others going forward. Would seem logical that Warby would want to cash in them selves, only seems a problem if you are a hawks supporter.

Many years ago Upwey instigated the ANZAC day game with Monbulk, and when Monnie decided they would not proceed this year at the Dome, Upwey approached Belgrave to get them on board. Both Clubs wanted the game played at their ground understandably; both clubs put submissions in accordingly. I understand the league board was split and has suggested a coin toss to decide who will host this year. Both clubs have agreed on that and on the best way of ensuring neither club is disadvantaged going forward. Seems like a common sense solution all round.

Is Robertson only playing one game? Not Warbys problem if Monbulk cannot get value for money that round or others going forward. Would seem logical that Warby would want to cash in them selves, only seems a problem if you are a hawks supporter.

Hey Guru,

Is there any chance you can divulge why Monbulk has decided against the Anzac Day clash this year ?

From what I've always heard/read about these games, they've always been very keenly contested and very well attended games.

Why would you walk away from that ?

Is that the ANZAC DAY clash that Upwey hosted four out of the six and the one Monbulk had was on a Saturday?? Also the last Upwey v Belgrave ANZAC day was held at the DOME and the Round 3 game last season was also at the DOME.

As it stands now the League has said that the game hasn't been given to either side and a coin toss will decide who host's it while the team that doesn't get that game will host a stand alone game on the BYE weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back