Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the ANZAC DAY clash that Upwey hosted four out of the six and the one Monbulk had was on a Saturday?? Also the last Upwey v Belgrave ANZAC day was held at the DOME and the Round 3 game last season was also at the DOME.

As it stands now the League has said that the game hasn't been given to either side and a coin toss will decide who host's it while the team that doesn't get that game will host a stand alone game on the BYE weekend.

Anzac day game has been going for the last 6 years, both clubs have hosted it 3 times each - Monbulk did have a Saturday game in 2009.

As previously stated, both clubs keen to host, the comment previously about Upwey not being happy because they did not get game is wrong because the game has not been allocated yet.

I understand both clubs are keen for the game to happen now and into the future, are happy that THE league is supportive, and will proceed with the Coin toss to resolve the hosting issue now and into the future

Very long memory on where Upwey last played Belgrave on ANZAC day, I will defer to your greater knowledge. but must be 30 or 40 years ago, but it is great that the local derby for this day now resumes, and the return game will be for the Sticky Harris Trophy -WELL DONE TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.

Tees - No idea why not proceeding between Monnie and Upwey, I understand it was Monnie's call as part of a new direction the club is going in.

Word going around regarding Anzac Day and monbulk not wanting to continue is that the current committee which is made up by a lot of senior players didnt want to continue because of the way Upwey treated the aftermath of last years Anzac Day, although in the past they were great days played in the right spirit it was time to move on.

I also believe that Robertson has signed and will play home games and a few away games depending on Melbourne commitments. Not sure about the swapping of games with Warby but I'd assume that would be a league decision. I know Monbulk has organised a sportsmans night for earlier in the season with a variety of comedians and afl players, maybe this has something to do with that request.

Anzac day game has been going for the last 6 years, both clubs have hosted it 3 times each - Monbulk did have a Saturday game in 2009.

As previously stated, both clubs keen to host, the comment previously about Upwey not being happy because they did not get game is wrong because the game has not been allocated yet.

I understand both clubs are keen for the game to happen now and into the future, are happy that THE league is supportive, and will proceed with the Coin toss to resolve the hosting issue now and into the future

Very long memory on where Upwey last played Belgrave on ANZAC day, I will defer to your greater knowledge. but must be 30 or 40 years ago, but it is great that the local derby for this day now resumes, and the return game will be for the Sticky Harris Trophy -WELL DONE TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.

Tees - No idea why not proceeding between Monnie and Upwey, I understand it was Monnie's call as part of a new direction the club is going in.

Upwey v Belgrave seems a far better fit, fantastic rivalry, history etc..

No Sportguru, your just showing that you haven't been around the YVMDFNL too long :) Upwey hosted Belgrave for an Anzac Day clash in 2004, Sunday 25-4. This was the first of the current style matches. In 2005 the match was played on Sat 23-4 at Belgrave, then none since. Upwey and Monbulk then decided to play in 2008 on this day. So not that it really matters but Upwey have played on Anzac Day at Home 4 times, Monbulk 2, Belgrave 0.

No Sportguru, your just showing that you haven't been around the YVMDFNL too long :) Upwey hosted Belgrave for an Anzac Day clash in 2004, Sunday 25-4. This was the first of the current style matches. In 2005 the match was played on Sat 23-4 at Belgrave, then none since. Upwey and Monbulk then decided to play in 2008 on this day. So not that it really matters but Upwey have played on Anzac Day at Home 4 times, Monbulk 2, Belgrave 0.

No brainer for the League then that the game should be at Belgrave. Let's see if Upwey get their way.

No brainer for the League then that the game should be at Belgrave. Let's see if Upwey get their way.
The proposal for the toss is that it be
  • Friday 25th of April 2014 - winner hosting the game
  • Satuday 25th of April 2015 - loser hosting the game ie normal fixturing
  • Monday 25th of April 2016 - loser hosting the game
  • Tuesday 25th of April 2017- winner hosting the game
  • and it continues, but leaps the Saturday fixturing
This will make it fair to both sides

Well yeah, assuming that neither is relegated in the meantime.
We all remember how close Upwey was to relegation in 2011 before they ended up winning the premiership.

Would think just giving it to Belgrave as it's their turn would be fair.

Would think just giving it to Belgrave as it's their turn would be fair.
the last game on anzac day between upwey and belgrave was the year belgrave got relegated. there was no under 18`s instead there was a game of fathers and sons after the seniors. i remember because i filmed it in driving rain and they called it off after half time.

Valley Vision is still un-decided which game we will live stream on the day. The kinglake game is looking the best so far.

VV

the last game on anzac day between upwey and belgrave was the year belgrave got relegated. there was no under 18`s instead there was a game of fathers and sons after the seniors. i remember because i filmed it in driving rain and they called it off after half time.

Valley Vision is still un-decided which game we will live stream on the day. The kinglake game is looking the best so far.

VV
Your taking the piss.

VV
Belgrave were relegated in 2006, so unless they moved Anzac Day that year to the 27th May or the 5th August i believe your memory may be wrong. About the day anyway, you may definitely be correct about the unders game scenario though. Just wasn't on Anzac Day.

Also any game with Fevola playing in it is defiantly worth highlighting.

Belgrave were relegated in 2006, so unless they moved Anzac Day that year to the 27th May or the 5th August i believe your memory may be wrong. About the day anyway, you may definitely be correct about the unders game scenario though. Just wasn't on Anzac Day.

Also any game with Fevola playing in it is defiantly worth highlighting.
The last time we played Belgrave on Anzac Day was in 2004-Belgrave were relegated at the end of 2006

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are looking at shooting anzac day on 5-7 cameras and making the most of the game for the league. if the upwey v belgrave game is at belgrave there just isnt the vantage points to make it work properly. as people have said i am an upwey fan but VV takes priority. If you all want the best outcome let the clubs and league know what you all think.

hee hee upwey to host it......

let us hear your opion

jason

Went to Bunnings the other day. There's this great new invention called a ladder. It allows you to climb things like buildings which assist with people getting onto roofs and the like.

NO ground will be suitable for that many cameras unless you have a full size grandstand. And no league in their right mind will take your view into consideration. They want people through the gate as their number 1 priority.

Enjoy the trip to Belgrave!

Went to Bunnings the other day. There's this great new invention called a ladder. It allows you to climb things like buildings which assist with people getting onto roofs and the like.

NO ground will be suitable for that many cameras unless you have a full size grandstand. And no league in their right mind will take your view into consideration. They want people through the gate as their number 1 priority.

Warburton v Healesville is also on ANZAC day maybe climb a tree.

unfortunatly due to our league being sponsored by work safe we are unable to get on roofs !

but you can use that ladder to got over ones self.

the upwey vs belgrave and warby vs healesville games will be covered on day as is every game.

the kinglake game will have many more people through the gate, more than the other 2, it will be the fev show again.

enjoy the game at belgrave.

VV

1st time poster - long time reader
2nd Division Ladder Predictions end of Season

Seville-Must win it eventually -in a growth area to attract players.
Yarra Glen-Big numbers at pre-season training.Ditto for growth area.
Alexandra-Have recruited several EFL players-may lack depth of top 2.
Yarra Junction-Always thereabouts with strong infrastructure.
Powelltown-Top 3 chance if depth holds up-whispers have recruited well.

Gembrook-Should gain momentum back by season start.
Kinglake-New Coach with lots of positive vibes.
Yea-Need to recruit to add experience to young list.
Thornton-Eildon-Lots of enthusiasm early but coming from a long way back.

Having played in a number of Rebels V Shinboners Derbies with battle scars to prove it-will look forward to same again as appears rivalry more intense than ever.
so rhys chapman becomes the best player in 2nd div, should enjoy the time and space off half back on big decks
going by the transfers they pulled them from everywhere, its great to see them come out of recess, would have been easy to give up, and its not just country footy scoresby and donvale both in big trouble

1st time poster - long time reader
2nd Division Ladder Predictions end of Season

Seville-Must win it eventually -in a growth area to attract players.
Yarra Glen-Big numbers at pre-season training.Ditto for growth area.
Alexandra-Have recruited several EFL players-may lack depth of top 2.
Yarra Junction-Always thereabouts with strong infrastructure.
Powelltown-Top 3 chance if depth holds up-whispers have recruited well.

Gembrook-Should gain momentum back by season start.
Kinglake-New Coach with lots of positive vibes.
Yea-Need to recruit to add experience to young list.
Thornton-Eildon-Lots of enthusiasm early but coming from a long way back.

Having played in a number of Rebels V Shinboners Derbies with battle scars to prove it-will look forward to same again as appears rivalry more intense than ever.

Seville need to work on a game plan and start using their interchange more than 3 times a game. Have had the list to win in for a few years, but with the exception of Brett king who quit half way through the year have had typically old school coaches. Seem to be more concerned with coaches that are "good blokes" as opposed to the best candidate to win a premiership and be a successful 1st division side.

Have heard Yarra Glen are getting great numbers on the track and have picked up quite a few (but also lost a few). Have a strong mix of senior players.

The blues still have a similar list to last year (lost a couple), but i think the key is their 18-21 years olds. Have won plenty of under 18 flags its time for them to step up.

Going to be a 2 horse race, im leaning towards the riverpigs. Powelltown will finish 3rd followed by alex and junction. If Gembrook aren't competitive it will be a shame, there are already to many one sided games in the comp.

I think Seville made a great choice of coach. Vinnie has a great football brain, works really well with younger groups as we witnessed with Monbulk unders winning the flag a few years ago and his work in interleague.
Also part of a great culture and I would assume a big part of the great culture Monbulk created, like anyone else, just need a little time and patience for this to show through.
And also a good bloke.

Not hiding behind no name here, just noticed all my info on side bar dropped off.
MS 35

The toss was held in true Anzac Two up style with 3 x two bob coins spun from a paddle at the RSL last night and was won by Belgrave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back