Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we have missed that news also-that is obviously why they didn't want to play us on Anzac Day as they have gone elsewhere-Gembrook it seems will stay in First Division to fill the void left by their departure.

works for me....one question as fev had a guest appearance for monbulk last year does that mean robertson is going to do the same thing at melbourne?

Yes we have missed that news also-that is obviously why they didn't want to play us on Anzac Day as they have gone elsewhere-Gembrook it seems will stay in First Division to fill the void left by their departure.
or moanbulk wanted the game at home for a change and upemselves said no?

hahahha what is everyone on about? surely there would have been a big brouhaha if monbulk leave

Alex have some very handy in's from the EFL! They will have a very good spine!

Carrol,Jane, Cowlishaw, Redzic and Comb!

a League BnF, Believe all have been selected in a EFL team of the year (ranging from Div 2-4) and almost all are premiership players!

mounters looked good. back to the future with another first round belting of the preseason favs. wanderin took it up to them but the boys took over again in the last qr. my boy dalts was busier than wanderins registration secretary and heartfeild will hurt sides. absolute gun.
wanderin is more of a tourist company than a footy club. puffing billy would like the numbers that pass through the kennell.
mounters could be a smokey for the bellie boys.
btw is there any local still playing for bellie? have they out dogged the doggies?

Some interesting results from the weekend, none more than Sunday. Mount Evelyn beating Wandin was surprising. Has the Rovers improved that much or has the dogs got ahead of themselves again.

Healsville will rue the day the didn't kick straight against Upwey. From looking at the scores they kicked 6.6 in the last quarter to Upwey 3.3 to lose by 1 point. Can they shake up div 1 this year?

Monbulk had a good win over Warby. Can these 2 sides improve from last year and end up in the 5 at season end. The talk around the league is suggesting they both can.

Olinda beating Woori Yallock by 50 points was equally the biggest surprise of the round. Has Olinda recruited well and gone under most clubs radars or was it just a day out for them. Woori wouldn't be to worried, they know what there doing as we all know.

Finally Belgrave gave Emerald a big welcome to 2014 with an 86 point victory. From what I saw the magpies have recruited well and looked very good across the whole ground.
I support Belgrave, I was very happy with what I saw from the boys in black & white.
The comment made above "have Bellie out dogged the doggies" is silly. Yes they have recruited well as all teams do but there is more than half the side that are genuine locals that have come through the junior ranks.

Looking forward to round 2

If anyone's looking for a great day out next week (ANZAC DAY) head up to Kinglake and see Brendan Fevola pull on the green and gold jumper. Seniors start at 4pm.
Marquee tickets for $75 - see kinglakefc.com.au for more details.

Media Release -Viva la Fevolution!

For some strange reason it seems that every Kinglake footballer wants to play in the forward pocket this week. It’s not just that they all want to kick a goal, it’s so they can say, ‘I played alongside Brendan Fevola’.
When Fevola agreed to play a one-off game for Kinglake late last year, the Lakers president, Danny Heal, knew the game would attract a large crowd but when the game was scheduled for ANZAC Day he was really pleased. ‘It’s going to be a fantastic day for the club, not just because Fev is playing but also because we have an opportunity to play on such an important day,’ he said.
The club will formally acknowledge ANZAC Day through various observances and has invited local veterans to attend (free of charge) and watch the game from a private marquee.
When asked about how the club managed to recruit Fevola, Heal said, ‘Fev has been a fantastic supporter of the club over many years and it was just one phone call and he was happy to help. He’ll play, obviously, but he’s also taking junior training on the Thursday before the game as well as running a clinic on ANZAC Day.’
Heal’s hoping that the day will help bring people back to the club.
‘There’s a real buzz around the community at the moment and it would be great to see everyone at the club on ANZAC Day.’
‘We want to put on a great show.’
After the game, renowned band Warde Elliot & Tim O’Donnell -‘The Nortons’ will be playing at the clubrooms.
The seniors will kick off at the later time of 4pm on the day.

Going into Round 5 whats everyone thoughts so far?

Can we wipe of the huge money spenders in Belgrave and Wandin?

Big improvers Olinda and Monbulk are they the real deal?

Is Emerald Second Division bound results certainly point to yes.

Steve Walter leaves or was he pushed after last years tribunal debacle?

Interleague Squad has been announced seems we dont have anyone that can defend in the YV or is that just the coaches game plan.

Who are the new in's that have shown theyll take their new clubs deep into finals.

Thoughts......

Going into Round 5 whats everyone thoughts so far?

Can we wipe of the huge money spenders in Belgrave and Wandin?
The season is only 4 weeks old, can't wipe off anyone yet. Wandin to get over Monbulk tomorrow.

Big improvers Olinda and Monbulk are they the real deal?
See above. More will be known after they play each other.

Is Emerald Second Division bound results certainly point to yes.
Probably. Even though I said above that the season is only 4 weeks old, things aren't
looking to good in Bomber land (perhaps a sneak preview of what might happen to the AFL Bombers?)

Steve Walter leaves or was he pushed after last years tribunal debacle?
Hardly pushed. Has taken on a lucrative job in basketball and still offering his services (via mobile phone) to the board when required.

Interleague Squad has been announced seems we dont have anyone that can defend in the YV or is that just the coaches game plan.
No idea.

Who are the new in's that have shown theyll take their new clubs deep into finals.
??? I guess we'll have to wait and see who goes deep into finals!

Thoughts......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toughest rd for tips this week
Olinda v belgrave
Both bouncing back after disappointing narrow losses away
Both convincing wins against bottom 2 sides
If olinda are the real deal they should get up
Belgrave looked more sound at home as to Hville on a big deck
Tipping a draw 84 a piece

Mt ev v warby
Mt ev lose another close one at home they
are the North Mel of the comp
Knock off upwey then loose to improving Hville
Warby had a good win round 4 when there up and about can pile on quick goals
But that's all they have to offer, big talk about there new recruit, built like a kid straight out of junior footy yet to have a impact

High scoring affair with mt ev by 10

Monbulk v emerald
Kept the 2 best forwards goalless in Fowlkes n talveski and still lost is a worry
Might not be so close next time round, monbulk depth is looking grimmer then past years
Might be over achieving ATM not jumping on the monbulk train just yet
Heard a whisper robbo and ward will not be playing this week
Emerald have everything on the line
Emerald in a nail biter

Upwey v wandin
Upwey missed out on abit of gf revenge when a short centering kick to the goal square was intercepted and goaled by woori in the last 20 seconds on Saturdays mud feast at woori
Wandin are going to be top 2 and should be with all the coin there throwing around
Think upwey are only at 70% ATM with some quality players returning through the mangoos over past few weeks
I think wandin by 40 points

Hville v woori
Hville could of been sitting on top if it wasn't for a few lapses in the first 3-4 weeks
Woori don't look hungry yet trying to finish 4-5th for another late charge for the flag
When woori down a few sooks really show n the side falls away easily with 50+ hidings to date
Hville by 20

So where are we at with a new CEO? Applications closed on the 2nd of April, and unless I've missed something, no announcement has been made. Indicates to me that the board are not satisfied with any of the applicants.

So where are we at with a new CEO? Applications closed on the 2nd of April, and unless I've missed something, no announcement has been made. Indicates to me that the board are not satisfied with any of the applicants.

Heard they had a good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back