Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression that there are distinct cliques in our playing list which is impacting on the synergy. On a related note, it makes me sad that Hallahan doesn't seem to have fit in with the playing group as a friend, rather than just a team member. Seems really disjointed.

In saying that, I've read multiple interviews that the Lions' 3peat era list didn't really get on outside of 'work', and that there were players who literally hated one another, so it can't really be an excuse for losing games.

Gee Jason Dunstall and the guys on the coach are giving the Suns boy an almighty whack tonight, rightfully so.
Loved what Jonathan Brown said about some of the Suns younger player, they get around the gold coast acting like rockstar but atm in the afl world there nothing more then a little covers band

It is all fair and balanced criticism. But my question is, why haven't we heard about this in the Pre-Season?
Good point. It's strange that a new coach would come in and keep quiet about what he's planning on implementing and changing. It's change that makes one coach differ from another, and it seems pretty convenient to raise the issues now, rather than before losing to the 17th and 18th clubs of the previous season!

I keep telling myself that it's only early on in the season, and it's not just us who are 0 - 2; it's Port and Geelong, too. However, Geelong's lost to Freo and Hawthorn, and Port has lost to Freo and Sydney. They're not really 'upsets'.

The more I sit (or currently lay back) the more I think we are in for a rough season. We won't be bottom, but if their isn't a minor miracle and we start playing 300% better, finals are a long way off. Another year of false dawns and kids with potential just going through the motions.

Also might I say 3 suspensions already this year is really poor too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today is my first day off in forever so I thought i would listen to SEN all morning and one name that Patrick smith and Kevin Bartlett through out there to come to the gold coast was Patrick Dangerfield. the AFL gives him an Ambassador role so he can get paid his 2 million a season and its off the salary cap.

No superstar is coming to the Gold Coast to help build/rebuild when they can go to a Melbourne club with a huge chance of playing finals/premierships on similar coin
Remember we were supposed to be winning a premiership this year
GC2015

I remember Sunny_ back when she was the pessimist of the board!

I also remember when we would have been stoked losing 2 games in a row by under 5 goals
Even I have my limits! Ha.

At least with this it bloods another youngster. We need depth. This is a good way to get it.

These are the times when you see who's prepared to stand up & this is a great wake up call for this list. Matera dropped, McKenzie dropped, Boston dropped from a NEAFL shows that things weren't all rosy. We now have a coach that won't let the tail wag the dog.
Our 16-22 was and still isn't up to a top 4-6 spot - and that's with no injuries and a good preseason. You're kidding yourself if you thought we'd compete for the flag this year.

It is all fair and balanced criticism. But my question is, why haven't we heard about this in the Pre-Season?

Memberships need to be sold
. I thought our pre-season was woeful. Dixon, Hall, Ablett, Matera, Jaeger, Russell all had major ops. Prestia, Lonergan, May, Thompson, Bennell & others all had interrupted preseasons with injuries. Sumner had surgery and pulled the pin. The K Hunt issue showed up and whispers got louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back