News Season 2015, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

For a young lad, that Waite fellow has something about him, reckon he could be a star in 5 odd years when his body fills out.

Tbh, Waite is the classic example of someone who was always going to tear the league apart but never managed it, I doubt he'll start now, even as foil. I'd trust Hartigan to do the job on him all day, every day and twice on Sunday.
Once on that Sunday would be enough for me

I'd typically say we would be a 2.50 start with that fixture but that'd clash with the Port game which would start at 4.10 our time.

Our game may be a 1.10 start.

Or it's 2.50 and the Port Freo game is a night game.
Does day light saving end the night before? im pretty sure cos its a public holiday the day after the freo v port game will prob start 7:10 (SA Time) which will be 5:40pm (WA Time) so we might even get a the 4:10pm time slot, depends on what time that port freo game starts. channel 7 might do the port freo game that starts at 7:10pm and have a sunday night game on free to air and the crows vs Roos might be the twilight 4:10.

So this weekend is Easter? Damn.. I hate having my birthday during Easter weekend :mad::mad::mad:

Happy with the opener next season - North are a beatable team, so we can potentially get off to a good start for the year (I'm looking at you 2014).

I'll be there regardless of time/date/day. Go you Crows!

Edit: Is it too early for the gameday thread? :p

I'd typically say we would be a 2.50 start with that fixture but that'd clash with the Port game which would start at 4.10 our time.

Our game may be a 1.10 start.

Or it's 2.50 and the Port Freo game is a night game.
Port and crows game never overlap... for tv and radio reasons. i cant see our game being at 2:20 and their game being 4:10

strengthened??? they brought in potential, players that have lived there career on having potential, potential that has never done anything.
Ok you can debate the additions.

But the fact remains we once again have a top 4 side from the previous year in R1 - not ideal

Port and crows game never overlap... for tv and radio reasons. i cant see our game being at 2:20 and their game being 4:10

Actually they have before a couple of times.

Like last year - West Coast v Us over there and Port v Carlton where the outcome of the Port/Carlton game had possible ramifications on us making the finals. Didn't matter in the end but the Port game was still going when the Crows game started.

North is a good start. If we can't compete with them, then we're looking bad for 2015. We should have beaten them in Tasmania! We should be favourites at home.

Also the full season will be announced next Thursday:

Does day light saving end the night before? im pretty sure cos its a public holiday the day after the freo v port game will prob start 7:10 (SA Time) which will be 5:40pm (WA Time) so we might even get a the 4:10pm time slot, depends on what time that port freo game starts. channel 7 might do the port freo game that starts at 7:10pm and have a sunday night game on free to air and the crows vs Roos might be the twilight 4:10.
yeah I think that the perth game will start a bit later, helps avoid heat over there in early season too.

What would people think if the Crows pushed for our game to be a night game? I know Sunday night is unpopular but IMO the Easter weekend is the best exception.

If I was AFL scheduler i'd abandon the 12:40 slot at easter due to family things, church goers etc. Push all the games back a slot making the last one a night game. This may happen to some extent anyway if the Perth game is later but I love night games at AO and if we have to play easter Sunday id have liked the club to at least try push for it to be at night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually they have before a couple of times.

Like last year - West Coast v Us over there and Port v Carlton where the outcome of the Port/Carlton game had possible ramifications on us making the finals. Didn't matter in the end but the Port game was still going when the Crows game started.
The crows played west coast on a saturday night at 7:10 in perth.. the power-blues game finished 30mins before that game started.

North is a good start. If we can't compete with them, then we're looking bad for 2015. We should have beaten them in Tasmania! We should be favourites at home.

Also the full season will be announced next Thursday:

I can't find a single reason why we should start favourites in this game.

Can we win? Of course we can. But we have no basis for thinking we are favourites

I can't find a single reason why we should start favourites in this game.

Can we win? Of course we can. But we have no basis for thinking we are favourites
Took them to the cleaners last year at home. They're a pretty average side that had a very good finals campaign. Don't let the last few weeks of this year cloud your judgment of that team - they've already done that themselves if the trade period is anything to go by. They're nowhere near Top 4. They're comfortably entrenched in the 5-6 range, and I don't think we're that far off.

50-50 proposition for mine.

So this weekend is Easter? Damn.. I hate having my birthday during Easter weekend :mad::mad::mad:

Happy with the opener next season - North are a beatable team, so we can potentially get off to a good start for the year (I'm looking at you 2014).

I'll be there regardless of time/date/day. Go you Crows!

Edit: Is it too early for the gameday thread? :p

Go on, start a game day thread. It'll probably get to 1000 post before the bounce of the ball.

Took them to the cleaners last year at home. They're a pretty average side that had a very good finals campaign. Don't let the last few weeks of this year cloud your judgment of that team - they've already done that themselves if the trade period is anything to go by. They're nowhere near Top 4. They're comfortably entrenched in the 5-6 range, and I don't think we're that far off.

50-50 proposition for mine.
Well I guess 50/50 works if we say;

North are not really a top 4 side, even though they finished 4th; and

We are not a 10th side, even though we finished 10th.

I will wait till a full preseason has passed before making my judgement on this game, but if it's on Ch 7 I will be a happy camper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back