Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from recruiting- who has players to make a difference to come back from long term injuries next year-
Yarra- Brandon Symes
Albury- Richard Dennis
Lavington- Kade Stevens
Wodonga Raiders- Jye Neagle
Nth Albury- have heard one of the Holman twins has done a knee this year post season

Lavington get Kade Stevens back

With yarra adding another player to there list in bohdi butts. How many more players do they have there eyes set on?

Box, I'm hearing a lot of the North players haven't signed yet & waiting to see what happens with aker, hearing a few will leave if he stays.
In saying that a few might leave if he goes. Would be hard not knowing who is coach. Hopefully the hoppers have a plan.

Corowa in almighty strife. There biggest problem is so many football clubs within such a small radius. With Rutherglen CDHBU & wahgunyah all within a stones throw of John ford oval. So total with such small populations between those areas hard to get a strong competitive football side, such a shame, only way I can see Corowa surviving is if one of those 3 sides fold

Last edited:
Not so sure that cdhbu could rationalize any further, it's a 3 way merge already. Alot of people talk about too many clubs being in the corowa area but surely that means more juniors in the area to recruit from?

Not so sure that cdhbu could rationalize any further, it's a 3 way merge already. Alot of people talk about too many clubs being in the corowa area but surely that means more juniors in the area to recruit from?

You can't make kids magically appear, there are only a certain amount of boys in the town and all clubs are fighting over scraps. Just because there is more teams doesn't mean there are more kids.

If the O&M had a fourths, families would be more inclined to maybe head Corowa's way, but at the moment the Tallangatta and Hume leagues offer a more family friendly product where all their kids can play football and netball on the same day rather than fronting up for football on Saturday and then Sunday for the juniors.

You can't make kids magically appear, there are only a certain amount of boys in the town and all clubs are fighting over scraps. Just because there is more teams doesn't mean there are more kids.

If the O&M had a fourths, families would be more inclined to maybe head Corowa's way, but at the moment the Tallangatta and Hume leagues offer a more family friendly product where all their kids can play football and netball on the same day rather than fronting up for football on Saturday and then Sunday for the juniors.

I do agree, HTR, fourths are a huge draw card, as are 8 grades of netball, the whole family come out and have the weekend sport done with before 2pm. One thing district clubs do well, they realise that football and netball is just not about the sport but also a community and social event.

Early ladder prediction based on current recruiting levels
Albury
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Wangaratta
Raiders
Nth Albury
Myrtleford
Wang Rovers
Wodonga
Corowa

Albury
Lavington
Wodonga Raiders
Yarrawonga
wangaratta

North Albury
Wang Rovers
myrtleford
wodonga
corowa

For mine, still very early, I think Albury are miles in front with Lavy Just ahead of the chasing Pack, line ball between Raiders and Yarra at this stage...

Albury
Lavington
Wodonga Raiders
Yarrawonga
wangaratta

North Albury
Wang Rovers
myrtleford
wodonga
corowa

For mine, still very early, I think Albury are miles in front with Lavy Just ahead of the chasing Pack, line ball between Raiders and Yarra at this stage...
November and already everyone thinks teams are playing for second what a great comp

Terry Burgess officially corowas new coach for the next two years according to the Border Mail online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box, I'm hearing a lot of the North players haven't signed yet & waiting to see what happens with aker, hearing a few will leave if he stays.
In saying that a few might leave if he goes. Would be hard not knowing who is coach. Hopefully the hoppers have a plan.

Corowa in almighty strife. There biggest problem is so many football clubs within such a small radius. With Rutherglen CDHBU & wahgunyah all within a stones throw of John ford oval. So total with such small populations between those areas hard to get a strong competitive football side, such a shame, only way I can see Corowa surviving is if one of those 3 sides fold

Aker is getting interviewed along with 7 other people for the role at essondon. I don't think it's a formality that he is going.
I he goes he goes I'm sure they will move on pretty quickly and have a suitable replacement whether that's internal or external.

is Aker any chance at all of getting the gig at Essendon? What's everyone's thoughts? I know we don't know who the other 7 are they are interviewing but does anyone actually give him a chance? Interested in your thoughts Mr Frank L

Remove this Banner Ad

Back