Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Baiter Kelly having those two years in the O&K made him as a footballer. Saidly most young blokes who venture out to the bush dont come back.
The rovers blokes leaving is just another blight of whats happening in the region, average players getting offered good money before they are provern against the men.
So district clubs are the problem? Or at least part of the problem?

Offering $300-$400 to young seconds players makes it hard to keep a core group together. So the weaker clubs are getting their talent drained and the teams at the top just take the piss bringing in blokes on mega bucks. Then the league wonders why people stop turning up.

More good news for the O&M with Daniel Cross playing with Albury for at least 5 games

This is the type of player I'm happy to see albury get. He's an ex junior and the family has great history with the club. On top of that Crossy has been a great representative of our area at AFL level for some time.

Going to be some good players playing regular 2's footy down at the sportsground.

It's a good point here about the 2 Wang sides and the Dogs thirds. Those teams should mean that the seniors benefit in time but it doesn't happen. If I was a young kid missing out at the Dogs I would be pissed off about them getting Twitt back and Hollands back once the season started last year. Can't complain about losing kids in this case.

I would be more disappointed being a kid missing out at Raiders with them bringing in guys from everywhere for one or two games like this year compared to Twitt and Hollands being at the club all year helping and guiding the kids.

It would seem north had better be "close to a few".
Also, have Corowa trained pre Christmas?
The way it is going it will be very much the haves v the have nots, with plenty of 20 gl touch ups.
Wang magpies seem the only team of the bottom lot on the way up? If myrtleford put all the ex locals on the park? But c.h a big out.
It would also seem lavi's window is close to slamming shut? Looking at their list and how they played 2015, they will have to win this year. Watching them play their plan is predicable and their mids appear to be all run foward , no run back 50? Will slaughter bottom 5 teams. V Albury and Yarra?
No pressure !
And here are a few of the recruits.
http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3599699/hoppers-strike-back-with-recruiting-spree/?cs=10

"Most talented list since I've been here". Maybe making a rod for his own back at some stage. A few stats on some recruits-
Muggavin ($800 pw plus sign on) 2015 17 games, 6 goals, 5 times in best
J Spurr Walla (#55) 2/0/0 2 games at Walla probably doesn't hold a great deal of hope of an influence at O&M level
Daniel Mannagh Murray Magpies 19/8/3
Callum Butler Thurgoona 9/0/0
Weave your magic Aker!!!

"Most talented list since I've been here". Maybe making a rod for his own back at some stage. A few stats on some recruits-
Muggavin ($800 pw plus sign on) 2015 17 games, 6 goals, 5 times in best
J Spurr Walla (#55) 2/0/0 2 games at Walla probably doesn't hold a great deal of hope of an influence at O&M level
Daniel Mannagh Murray Magpies 19/8/3
Callum Butler Thurgoona 9/0/0
Weave your magic Aker!!!

Coaches job to be positive and to sell hope

Great...
At what point is enough, enough?
I've been a major critic of the way Albury go about there business, but i don't have a problem with this one. His father and uncle are Albury champions, and with all that he has achieved as an AFL player, it would be extremely satisfying for him to run out as a senior Albury player.
Kind of giving back to the club that started it all for him, albeit, should have to play more than 5 games!

I've been a major critic of the way Albury go about there business, but i don't have a problem with this one. His father and uncle are Albury champions, and with all that he has achieved as an AFL player, it would be extremely satisfying for him to run out as a senior Albury player.
Kind of giving back to the club that started it all for him, albeit, should have to play more than 5 games!
Tbh I was unaware of the ties there so that's my bad. :thumbsu:
I was more commenting that the sheer amount of quality that they're bringing into their club, that from an outside perspective at least, seems excessive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper that A Schneider to play a few with Albury too?
Also a whisper "the last straw"
I wonder who if anyone important reads this rubbish i.e big footy, and would care to comment
Schneider apparently signed with beaumaris in the vafa. So would only be a cameo appearance at best if and when commitments there allow? Kind of like the fev and his one off games etc...

Tbh I was unaware of the ties there so that's my bad. :thumbsu:
I was more commenting that the sheer amount of quality that they're bringing into their club, that from an outside perspective at least, seems excessive.

There is no genuine reason for anyone wanting to play them this year. They have stuffed the comp.

There is no genuine reason for anyone wanting to play them this year. They have stuffed the comp.
There are club people already talking about forfeiting their matches against Albury next season. Why not rest your players for the following week when you at least have a chance for a win? Albury is rubbing their wealth in everyone's face, so, just like the school yard bully, we walk away. Let them join the VFL or the NEAFL. If enough clubs forfeit, imagine all these highly trained athletes sitting around waiting weeks for a game. Enough is enough!

There are club people already talking about forfeiting their matches against Albury next season. Why not rest your players for the following week when you at least have a chance for a win? Albury is rubbing their wealth in everyone's face, so, just like the school yard bully, we walk away. Let them join the VFL or the NEAFL. If enough clubs forfeit, imagine all these highly trained athletes sitting around waiting weeks for a game. Enough is enough!
Don't mind your suggestion. I don't know what a club has to pay players each week but I am guessing they could also save $5000+ by not playing.

Schneider apparently signed with beaumaris in the vafa. So would only be a cameo appearance at best if and when commitments there allow? Kind of like the fev and his one off games etc...

Doubt it. Not really an Albury thing.

They recruit well, but I can only really recall Kennelly being a cameo player? and there was more to him leaving than was public.

Doubt it. Not really an Albury thing.

They recruit well, but I can only really recall Kennelly being a cameo player? and there was more to him leaving than was public.

I actually really like the idea...it will certainly make the powers that be sit up and take notice however it may impact those clubs that do it in that sme players not be happy to miss out on a weeks pay

Haven't been on in a while, but nothing seems to have changed. Everything still seems to Albury's fault! Reading back through the past comments and I was interested as to what was written when Lavington poached the FF from Corowa. There wasn't a whole lot written but if it had have been Albury this site would have blown up. And as far as forfeiting when you are meant to play Albury, do you really think that players will pass up on 2 lots of match payments because the club is to pig headed to try and mix it with the best? Also why does Albury have to change comps because they are to good, but the 7 sides that haven't played in a GF in the last 7 years don't get moved to distinct comps for no other reason than they aren't good enough? Albury's record still isn't as strong as Osbornes in the hume league over a 20 year period and instead of bashing Albury direct it at the league admin who are sticking their heads in the sand and doing nothing about it.

Haven't been on in a while, but nothing seems to have changed. Everything still seems to Albury's fault! Reading back through the past comments and I was interested as to what was written when Lavington poached the FF from Corowa. There wasn't a whole lot written but if it had have been Albury this site would have blown up. And as far as forfeiting when you are meant to play Albury, do you really think that players will pass up on 2 lots of match payments because the club is to pig headed to try and mix it with the best? Also why does Albury have to change comps because they are to good, but the 7 sides that haven't played in a GF in the last 7 years don't get moved to distinct comps for no other reason than they aren't good enough? Albury's record still isn't as strong as Osbornes in the hume league over a 20 year period and instead of bashing Albury direct it at the league admin who are sticking their heads in the sand and doing nothing about it.

Got any solutions?

Got any solutions?
I think( for what it is worth) one major problem is that 5 or 6 clubs see no way of being in a G.F in the next ten years. The reality seems to be Corowa,myrtleford 2 wang clubs, dogs , unless a benevolent dictator happens along, are not going to be any better than they are now! They may bring in 1 or 2 gun players ( if lucky with recruiting as plenty of duds), but loose the same. And still have their fringe players go to bush footy at $400 a game. Then the question is how to get major sponsors, fund raise. Plus crowd numbers going backwards.
Somehow O &M footy has become quasi professional , where players expect a weeks wages to play sport , but in most cases there is no income stream to clubs.
Unrealistic and as most are finding , not sustainable.

I think( for what it is worth) one major problem is that 5 or 6 clubs see no way of being in a G.F in the next ten years. The reality seems to be Corowa,myrtleford 2 wang clubs, dogs , unless a benevolent dictator happens along, are not going to be any better than they are now! They may bring in 1 or 2 gun players ( if lucky with recruiting as plenty of duds), but loose the same. And still have their fringe players go to bush footy at $400 a game. Then the question is how to get major sponsors, fund raise. Plus crowd numbers going backwards.
Somehow O &M footy has become quasi professional , where players expect a weeks wages to play sport , but in most cases there is no income stream to clubs.
Unrealistic and as most are finding , not sustainable.
Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back