Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless something dramatic happens then the top two won't change and the interest is only to be how 4 fit into 3.

Healesville (7 wins 6 losses) play Upwey (H), Monbulk (H), Warby (A), Olinda (A), Woori (H) - likely 3 wins and two doubtful
Olinda (7/6) play Mt.Evelyn (A), Upwey (A), Yarra Glen (A), Healesville (H), Wandin (A) - likely 3 wins, 1 doubtful and 1 loss
Woori (7/6) play Yarra Glen (A), Warby (H), Upwey (A), Mt Evelyn (H), Healesville (A) - likely 3 wins and 2 doubtful
Belgrave (7/6) play Wandin (A), Mt.Evelyn (H), Monbulk (A), Yarra Glen (A), Warby (H) - likely 3 wins and two losses
Upwey (5/8) play Healesville (A), Olinda (H), Woori (H), Warby (A), Yarra Glen (H) - likely 1 win 4 doubtful

Upwey's home games against Olinda and Woori will have a big bearing. No longer as formidable at home as years gone by but still not the happiest of hunting grounds for Bloods and Valley Tigers.

Healesville won't mind Monbulk and Woori at Don Road as much as Olinda on the mountain.

Although Olinda will struggle in the final round they are more than likely going to notch 4 more wins by then to be safe.

Woori are starting to splutter a bit and away games against Upwey and Healesville may test them, need to get injured players back.

Belgrave should beat the bottom 3 and lose to the top 2 away.

Possible final ladder to remain in same order as currently:
Wandin 18-0
Monbulk 14-4
Healesville 11-7
Olinda 11-7
Woori 10-8
Belgrave 10-8

Big games coming up (too close to call):
R15 Healesville v Monbulk and Upwey v Olinda
R16 Upwey v Woori
R17 Olinda v Healesville
R18 Healesville v Woori looks a possibility of deciding whether teams make the qualifying final or miss out all together.

Mouth, Due to Healesville's strong percentage I can't see them missing out altogether, Elimination Final at the least unless they lose all three to Monbulk, Olinda and Woori - two of which are at home and their away win against Belgrave last up was impressive.

Very thorough post there aussie80's. Not an audition for a writers spot in the Record for next season by any chance? (be better than some of the drivel that's dished up at the moment)

Last edited:
Finals prediction
Wandin
Monbulk
Olinda
Woori
Belgrave

Olinda over monbulk 2 points
Woori over belgrave 20

Wandin over olinda (big margin)
Woori over monbulk( not The first time monny in straight sets) 3 points

Olinda over woori 30

Olinda over wandin by 23
Healesville??

Biggest loser last round would have to Belgrave, now a game and over 20% outside the 5, they could be headed for that territory of relying on other results going their way. I hear that one of the Collins boys did a calf at training last week. If true that could make their task slightly harder. Big game out at Healesville next week. Been a bit of talk about how Monbulk enjoy the heavier conditions and keeping things "bottled up." If it's a dry track it might give us a fair indication of where these 2 are at.

I was going to let this go, but I can't help myself; another scintillating article by Wazza last Saturday. Either he's 12 years old and he needs his Mum to drive him everywhere, or his Mum's about 90 and he thinks spending quality time with her is by taking her to the coldest venue in the league to watch local footy. Either way, it explains a lot.;)

Biggest loser last round would have to Belgrave, now a game and over 20% outside the 5, they could be headed for that territory of relying on other results going their way. I hear that one of the Collins boys did a calf at training last week. If true that could make their task slightly harder. Big game out at Healesville next week. Been a bit of talk about how Monbulk enjoy the heavier conditions and keeping things "bottled up." If it's a dry track it might give us a fair indication of where these 2 are at.

I was going to let this go, but I can't help myself; another scintillating article by Wazza last Saturday. Either he's 12 years old and he needs his Mum to drive him everywhere, or his Mum's about 90 and he thinks spending quality time with her is by taking her to the coldest venue in the league to watch local footy. Either way, it explains a lot.;)
I read it. No problems I can see - and your comments above seem to align with his/hers.
What, specifically, is the problem?

i had no issue either i reckon i must be missing something?? i thought it was one of Wazza's better columns..... If you were MT EV this week you'd be wanting to play Belgrave this week.

Last edited:
going to be an interesting finish into finals. 6 doesn't go into five.
Wandin- Easy run home with Monbulk its only challenge
Monbulk- Few challenges with Healesville and Wandin Belgrave tough matches.
H'Ville- Probably has the toughest run, with Monbulk Olinda and woori all vying for finals.
Woori- Easy run home with H'Ville its only tough game
Olinda- Wandin and H'Ville to be their tests
Belgrave- Very easy run home too with Monbulk its only risk.

My Tips
Wandin
Monbulk
Woori
H'Ville
Olinda
Belgrave
Upwey
Warby
Mt Ev
Yarra Glen

BELGRAVE V MT EV. MOUNT EVELYN Belgrave are gone wont make the top 5
HEALESVILLE V MONBULK. HEALESVILLE too slick on the big ground
UPWEY V OLINDA. too many injuries at UPWEY, OLINDA travelling very nicely
WANDIN v YARRA GLEN. this could be scary. Wandin may rest a few here.
WOORI v WARBY. WOORI too strong at home and get a couple of big ins back

You all might want to hold fire on your final 5 and/or relegation tips.... Can tell you for a fact that the league are currently investigating woori yallock for playing a non register player in there game against Yarra glen on sat. Said player is Mitch o'donnell who somehow made it onto wooris team sheet (with no vfl permit) the same wkend he was gathering 24 possessions for box hills senior team!!! Not sure woori can plead ignorance on this one as a)this rule was bought in because of them tweaking there team sheets in the past and b) surely they know the process having a few other vfl listed players on there list!!! The league are about to make a ruling in which woori will lose there points and Yarra glen will be awarded them!!! Not great news for the rovers!!!!

You all might want to hold fire on your final 5 and/or relegation tips.... Can tell you for a fact that the league are currently investigating woori yallock for playing a non register player in there game against Yarra glen on sat. Said player is Mitch o'donnell who somehow made it onto wooris team sheet (with no vfl permit) the same wkend he was gathering 24 possessions for box hills senior team!!! Not sure woori can plead ignorance on this one as a)this rule was bought in because of them tweaking there team sheets in the past and b) surely they know the process having a few other vfl listed players on there list!!! The league are about to make a ruling in which woori will lose there points and Yarra glen will be awarded them!!! Not great news for the rovers!!!![/QUOTE
Very complicated issue that affects a lot of teams
It's important to deal in facts, whilst most of the post is correct
Critical points have been missed
The league im sure will be gathering the evidence and making an informed decision when appropriate

I always say, never let the truth stand in the way of a good rumour,
but this is massive news, (if found to be true) but if it is and woori is found guilty by aflvic, that puts yg a game clear of mt ev, and woori out of top 5 with 4 to play, and making it harder again for mt ev to avoid being condemned to second div, also needing a massive effort for woori to make finals from there. what other games were odonnell supposedly listed to play? and my question is, did woori win those games or lose those? as this could further impact there finals chances...

shame if it was to go this way, but rules are rules, everyone will be watching this space...

You all might want to hold fire on your final 5 and/or relegation tips.... Can tell you for a fact that the league are currently investigating woori yallock for playing a non register player in there game against Yarra glen on sat. Said player is Mitch o'donnell who somehow made it onto wooris team sheet (with no vfl permit) the same wkend he was gathering 24 possessions for box hills senior team!!! Not sure woori can plead ignorance on this one as a)this rule was bought in because of them tweaking there team sheets in the past and b) surely they know the process having a few other vfl listed players on there list!!! The league are about to make a ruling in which woori will lose there points and Yarra glen will be awarded them!!! Not great news for the rovers!!!!
Just checked all your info and your 100% spot on.

Wasn't cleared in the VFL
Was on Wooris Team sheet
And played for box hill..

That would be a hell of a way to be relegated if that is true. Woori could make it up to the Mounters by playing an ineligible player against them on 15th August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough!!! Was always under the impression that you could not play two games on the same wkend when it came to vfl/local footy???? Defeats the purpose of all permits and having clearances for vfl listed players don't you think????

Woori have no case to answer. Paper work from Box Hills end was delayed

There are two parts to this issue. One is the correct paperwork and the second is what constitutes "playing". The handbook states
For the purposes of eligibility, an interchange player/s shall be deemed to have competed, whether or not he has taken the field during the match for which he was named as interchange. An interchange player must be in football uniform and on the clubs interchange bench during the match. Provided Mitch did the above & the paperwork issue is sorted out should be no problems. As Woori played Saturday & Boxhill Sunday it seems reasonable that he could of sat on the bench. As for the paperwork that is for the leagues to sort out.

Good pick up by Yarra Glen if they put in the investigation. Could be a very handy 4 points

There are two parts to this issue. One is the correct paperwork and the second is what constitutes "playing". The handbook states
For the purposes of eligibility, an interchange player/s shall be deemed to have competed, whether or not he has taken the field during the match for which he was named as interchange. An interchange player must be in football uniform and on the clubs interchange bench during the match. Provided Mitch did the above & the paperwork issue is sorted out should be no problems. As Woori played Saturday & Boxhill Sunday it seems reasonable that he could of sat on the bench. As for the paperwork that is for the leagues to sort out.

Good pick up by Yarra Glen if they put in the investigation. Could be a very handy 4 points

So Woori would have played a man short for rotations/injuries as they did against Belgrave in R10. Cost them on that occasion. But i'm sure they will do it one more time so he is qualified for the finals.

Yarra Glen wasn't the club to pick it up, funny enough it was Wandin that brought it to the leagues attention
Hmmm
I hope you have the facts and specifics to back that call up valley boy, my information was from a yvmdfl insider and it was in fact yg that made the complaint....

Hmmm
I hope you have the facts and specifics to back that call up valley boy, my information was from a yvmdfl insider and it was in fact yg that made the complaint....
Who cares who asked for the investigation
They have every right to do so
The decision has been made
We all move on

Who cares who asked for the investigation
They have every right to do so
The decision has been made
We all move on
Totally agree bertron, my point i was trying to make was that if your going to accuse a club or person for being the informants, best you have the nuts and bolts to back it up...

Anyway, I hope it goes nowhere, good luck to them for thinking outside the box...

belly
heallsville monny draw
upwey olinda tooo classy
wandin yarrag hope wandin show mercy
woori warby woori at home with three on the bench

Healers v monbulk- Healesville travelling way too good, monbulk without coach...
Belgrave v mt Evelyn- mt ev to get up in a thriller...
Wandin v Yarra glen- wandin to kick a telephone no
Worri v warby- worri but by not as much as you might think...
Upwey v Olinda- upwey to upset the mountain bloods on there own deck...

Healers v monbulk- Healesville travelling way too good, monbulk without coach...
Belgrave v mt Evelyn- mt ev to get up in a thriller...
Wandin v Yarra glen- wandin to kick a telephone no
Worri v warby- worri but by not as much as you might think...
Upwey v Olinda- upwey to upset the mountain bloods on there own deck...

What's Sauce doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back