Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all done and dusted now, and I have heard similar rumours but nothing will come of it other than a young kid probably misses playing finals for a vfl player that's played all of 15 mins game time for the year!!! Promoting there juniors and developing young blokes is something that woori have been applauded and/or beat there chest about in recent years so maybe that policy went out the door when rhino left and they've now decided to enter the high end recruiting stakes like wandin and monbulk!!!
TBH cant see how he will play anyway. Box Hill is in the top 4 meaning minimum 2 finals and probably a 3rd

enough of the dribble and jealousy
warby healsville heallesville in a close one in the mud
monny belley draw
mt eve wandin the brain says wandin but the mud may decide
upwey evil woori woowey draw
yarra glen olinda easy

Warby to upset the Healesville boys at home
Belgrave to blow monbulk up on there own deck without favrin (knee) season done
Wandin close, my Evelyn are super hard on there own deck
Upwey easy at home, same as mt Evelyn, too hard at home
Olinda to further create misery for the river pigs

division one is done.

what about division 2 lets see how you learned gents go with that.

there is more than one division here lets do the form on them for a change

emerald easy
powlley easy
seville kinglake grand finale prelude
yarra junction thornton draw

Emerald To completely dismantle Alexandra
Powelltown too good for yea
Seville to upset kinglake on the potato chip
Thornton to stitch up junction

Also I'm tipping wazza to scribe another pile of trash in the record yet again...

2 part Division 2 question:

1. Does anyone know factually (as opposed to what their cousins next door neighbour's aunty told them) what the deal with promotion / relegation is? Does the winner of Div 2 automatically get told you're being elevated or do they get asked whether they want to stay?

2. Assuming the answer to (1) is that promotion is offered but not automatic, are there thoughts on whether the top few clubs in Div 2 would be keen to go up or stay should they win the GF?

Could be a potential lifeline for Yarra Glen.

2 part Division 2 question:

1. Does anyone know factually (as opposed to what their cousins next door neighbour's aunty told them) what the deal with promotion / relegation is? Does the winner of Div 2 automatically get told you're being elevated or do they get asked whether they want to stay?

2. Assuming the answer to (1) is that promotion is offered but not automatic, are there thoughts on whether the top few clubs in Div 2 would be keen to go up or stay should they win the GF?
Could be a potential lifeline for Yarra Glen.
From recollections of the past: the lowest ranked Div 1 club can be relegated ONLY if Div 2 premiers apply for promotion. However; if the Div 2 premiers don't apply, then the Runners Up can be invited. If no-one wants to promote, then the bottom Div 1 side can stay. The rules stated that the premiers SHALL be promoted if they apply.Other issues like divisional balance or new clubs can affect the structure.
Not aware of any significant change to these rules, but..

From recollections of the past: the lowest ranked Div 1 club can be relegated ONLY if Div 2 premiers apply for promotion. However; if the Div 2 premiers don't apply, then the Runners Up can be invited. If no-one wants to promote, then the bottom Div 1 side can stay. The rules stated that the premiers SHALL be promoted if they apply.Other issues like divisional balance or new clubs can affect the structure.
Not aware of any significant change to these rules, but..
Monnie,
This subject posses another question, if both grand finalists from div 2 decline the option to be promoted to div 1, and the bottom placed div 1 team wants to go down to div 2 (to rebuild ect), then are they forced to stay in div 1 if the div 2 teams decline to be promoted? Or are the div 2 premiers forced to come up?

The smart-arse in me says wooden spooner drops down and we have the bye in Div 1 !! :)

But a valid question I was sort of wondering myself.

Interested to see with three games to go people's thoughts on who will make it should be included in the "team of the year"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emerald To completely dismantle Alexandra
Powelltown too good for yea
Seville to upset kinglake on the potato chip
Thornton to stitch up junction

Also I'm tipping wazza to scribe another pile of trash in the record yet again...

One of these is a monty to happen...

emerald will win but not as easy as one may think.
powelltown to win again but not by huge amount
kinglake will beat seville they have the want to and i think seville is on the wrong side of the bell curve
thornton doesn't like yj ground might be an upset in the making

what do we all think about finals venues

Monnie,
This subject posses another question, if both grand finalists from div 2 decline the option to be promoted to div 1, and the bottom placed div 1 team wants to go down to div 2 (to rebuild ect), then are they forced to stay in div 1 if the div 2 teams decline to be promoted? Or are the div 2 premiers forced to come up?
Good question.
Don't know, exactly, BUT! I believe the YVMDFNL still has the power to make the call based on the best interests of the competition/s. I guess they would do an appraisal of each club involved, then weigh up how each would cope and whether it balances the competition.
Tough call for them. They would have to examine club viability, travelling, team numbers, u18's, finances and facilities for a start.
Then they have to cope with the vested interests during interviews with the clubs involved. They could call on the Regional Commission or AFL assistance to help decide, maybe.

It's a great question. Wazza believes Thornton and Kinglake will stay, which suggests it's been spoken about. I know for a fact Emerald want to come up. But that doesn't answer the question for future years should the above be true.

Emerald to pump Alex. A tight first half will blow open in the second half.

Powelly too strong, particularly up forward

Kinglake to win confortably. Seville have a lot to play for but I think given the weather this week and location, Kinglakes big bodies will be dominant.

Thornton too strong. Junction playing a lot of seniors in their reserves again meaning this will blow out.

I'll have a crack at the div 1 team of the year, I know this will draw a difference in opinion, but ah well, that's what this forum is about.

Backs- d kift (mt Evelyn) l Barclay (heales) t stubley (Belgrave)

Hb- l meadows (Olinda) josh Taylor (wandin) b Harvey (wandin)

Centre- k currie (Olinda) ashraf Davies (heales) d Gordon (warby)

Hf- b monkhorst (woori) t Gibson (woori) p fermanis (heales)

Ff- m Fowkes (wandin) d waters (upwey) M Martin (mt Evelyn)

Ruck- o millwood (Olinda)

Rr- m polkinghorne (wandin)

Rover- j Mathews (woori)

Int-- j baughan (yg) e clasby (Belgrave) s Williams (monbulk) d Anderson (heales) r Ross (wandin) k grenda (upwey)

Coach- Bryan cole (Healesville)

Rip into it guys, I'll be the fodder to start it off

i find this an amusing question. is the board going to decide this or the commission.
Difficult to say, but I lean towards the League.
The Commission oversees the region's leagues and drives the development resources for them. It is the primary conduit to the AFL machinery and its resources. The leagues operate with some independence over their own structure and administration of ground level competitions, but where there are (perceived?) anomalies, I guess the bodies would have to confer.
I don't see this as a problem.
The Regionalisation concept has a lot of potential to develop local footy. If the Leagues and commission get it right, it will be a fillip for our clubs, I think.

W
i find this an amusing question. is the board going to decide this or the commission.
1) Well tell you who won't be deciding!!!one Gordon Sumner!!! Obviously everyone wants this to go away but the league ceo has resigned and my mail is his strained relationship with upper management was at breaking point and then the woori/o'donnell saga happened and he was none too happy with the way they handled it!!!
2) how did monbulk get a second division final??? is the league genuine about showcasing the football??? Can appreciate they want to share it around but surely let monbulk have a beer booth at another venue!!!
3) can't have the radio blokes doing the team of the year ends up being "who you know" not "what you know"!!! Reckon it should be handed to the captain and coach of all teams!!! The team of the year posted on here would be more accurate and well done on yours rammi I will post mine in the next few days...

H'ville
Monbulk
Wandin
Woori
Olinda

Emerald
Powelly
Seville
Thornton

W

1) Well tell you who won't be deciding!!!one Gordon Sumner!!! Obviously everyone wants this to go away but the league ceo has resigned and my mail is his strained relationship with upper management was at breaking point and then the woori/o'donnell saga happened and he was none too happy with the way they handled it!!!
2) how did monbulk get a second division final??? is the league genuine about showcasing the football??? Can appreciate they want to share it around but surely let monbulk have a beer booth at another venue!!!
3) can't have the radio blokes doing the team of the year ends up being "who you know" not "what you know"!!! Reckon it should be handed to the captain and coach of all teams!!! The team of the year posted on here would be more accurate and well done on yours rammi I will post mine in the next few days...

H'ville
Monbulk
Wandin
Woori
Olinda

Emerald
Powelly
Seville
Thornton
Agreed with this. The ground literally has a 10m slope.

That Mitch O'Donnell is an absolute weapon! Another 2 games with weekend judging by the VFL clearances for this weekend!

I'll have a crack at the div 1 team of the year, I know this will draw a difference in opinion, but ah well, that's what this forum is about.

Backs- d kift (mt Evelyn) l Barclay (heales) t stubley (Belgrave)

Hb- l meadows (Olinda) josh Taylor (wandin) b Harvey (wandin)

Centre- k currie (Olinda) ashraf Davies (heales) d Gordon (warby)

Hf- b monkhorst (woori) t Gibson (woori) p fermanis (heales)

Ff- m Fowkes (wandin) d waters (upwey) M Martin (mt Evelyn)

Ruck- o millwood (Olinda)

Rr- m polkinghorne (wandin)

Rover- j Mathews (woori)

Int-- j baughan (yg) e clasby (Belgrave) s Williams (monbulk) d Anderson (heales) r Ross (wandin) k grenda (upwey)

Coach- Bryan cole (Healesville)

Rip into it guys, I'll be the fodder to start it off
I did manage to leave out s Dwyer (wandin) I watched him in the interleague game, that guy is a jet, I'm sure he would squeeze in there somewhere... Soz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back