Injury Season 2016 Injury news/updates thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Menegola recruitment is to mitigate somewhat this given we may not have SS at the start of the season.
Forgive my ignorance, but who is the red headed girl in your avatar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a nice change that nearly everyone is at worst running at this stage.

There doesn't appear to be a swag of off season surgeries etc

Heard from a very good source that Duncan's surgery is in fact very minor and won't delay his start to the season.
Yeah well the club itself said 4 weeks then back running. That would be after Christmas. Similar patch to Clark Scooter and Stanley.

Think this could be the most important thread for us hardened pessimists re Cat player injuries.

It normally start just before the pre-season and goes onto thru the pre-season, keeps going and by half way thru the season we have too many injuries.

However if reports on Duncan are correct he will be fine (but I really would like to see 4 good consecutive games by Mitch before I will feel better - as he is an under rated player for mine. if he plays well the team seems to play well). So that is good.

Stanley is said to start training soon - so that is very good news.

S. Selwood is a strange one - he was supposed to be having a pretty decent op. but this seems not to be the case from eye witness accounts of him moving. I just hope all is well on that front as he will be an important player for us in the midfield this year. But I will pretend all is well as I have not heard any bad reports (hard to do but I am trying really hard to be positive re the injury front).

McCarthy I have heard nothing about and assume his foot is still a concern for him.

If that was the full extant of the injury front at the Cattery I would be over joyed. We have pretty much a full list to pick from.

I maintain, and will remain unchanged in this view for some time, we now have a list, if it remains relatively well, to challenge not only for a top 8 finish but could then surprise a few footy followers by potentially doing some damage in the finals.

So I will watch this space carefully over the pre-season and hope these is nothing to write other than - 'Steady as she goes. Good Menzel, good Clark, good Scooter and good Stanley'.

Please no! Usually it's our talls that are injured. This year it's the mids. If the Injury gods take danger from us il literally bust a valve.

When Geelong say it's not serious and it's a foot injury that's a big worry. Selwood said he pushed through a lot of pain to play games last year.
Is there a connection there? I really hope not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back