Seb Tape

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seb Tape (Glenelg, SA) - Pick 13 in the 2010 AFL National Draft.

tapex.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102377/default.aspx

Height: 191cm
Weight: 81kg
DOB: 06/08/92
Club: Glenelg (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Seb is an athletic tall defender with excellent closing speed and a competitive edge. He is very good one on one and below his knees. He captained South Australia in the under-18 championships this year.

Stats (aggregate for 2010 U18 Championships)
Games K H D M G
H/O
4 16 30 46 3 0 0

In his own words
What type of player are you?
I am a competitive player of a reasonable size, capable of playing either tall or small defensive roles with good ground skills and athleticism.

Which AFL player do you most resemble and why?
I seem to play a similar style to someone like St Kilda defender Sam Gilbert, as he is capable of playing both tall and small defensive roles and creating run through the back half.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My strengths as a footballer are my competitiveness, ground skills, selflessness, leadership potential, awareness and closing speed.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve particular aspects such as my kicking consistency on both feet, my attacking game and my strength.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
I support the Adelaide Crows in the AFL mainly because most of my family support them as well.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My father has been the biggest influence on my career so far as he introduced me to the game and has always been passionate in his support. He provides care and support to make sure I am enjoying myself and helps me to improve.

Currently signed until:

48_SebTape.jpg

DETAILS
JUMPER # 48
DOB 06.08.1992
HEIGHT 191
WEIGHT 81
FORMER CLUB Glenelg (SA)

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/seb-tape/

South Australian Seb Tape is a big, tough, strong and competitive backman renowned for his great anticipation and exceptional closing speed.

He was taken at Pick 13 at the 2010 National Draft.

Tape captained South Australia to victory in this year’s Under 18 National Championships. It’s no secret his leadership skills are highly rated by the GC SUNS.

To be honest I thought he was terrible on Saturday, and the only player that really got under my skin... I Cringed when he got near the ball, and I can say that he is the only coaster I am not a fan of, didnt seem to have his heart or head in the game.

Suppose I can give him another chance but personally I think we need to drop him for the good of the side.

To be honest I thought he was terrible on Saturday, and the only player that really got under my skin... I Cringed when he got near the ball, and I can say that he is the only coaster I am not a fan of, didnt seem to have his heart or head in the game.

Suppose I can give him another chance but personally I think we need to drop him for the good of the side.

Well I disagree, his heart was there as I thought he was clearly trying his hardest. But his head certainly wasn't as everything he did seemed to go wrong.

It's his first game at AFL level lets give him some slack.

I agree with you. Its always going to be tough for a first game KPD. He was constantly under pressure. The other KPD was Bock, who had experience. No one was under as much pressure as Tape. He will get better.

I like Seb and think he is going to turn into a fine player but I don't think he is either physically ready or experienced enough to handle a key defensive position. I see him down the track as being an excellent third tall / swingman in the Daryl White mode. Scarlett would've had a bag kicked on him last Saturday night they way the ball was coming in down there. We were playing 2 loose men down back for quite a bit of the second half but still couldn't halt the avalanche.

I'm a bit concerned about his height / weight listed at 191cm / 81kg. He may well prove me wrong once he puts on a bit of beef but with the size KPFs are heading towards these days even if he puts on another 10kg over the next couple of pre-seasons, he'll still be giving away plenty of inches and kilos - look at your Tippetts, Dixons who are tipping the scales at 198+cm and 100+kg. I've played against guys who've had a good 4 inches and 10-15kg on me before and it doesn't make life easy. With Seb's mobility, he strikes me as an ideal third tall who can play tall or small depending on match-ups.

I feel we need at least one of our KPDs to be around your Daniel Merrett size of 195+cm and 100kg. Who was it that said "you need a gorilla to play on a gorilla!"

I think mould him like a Harry Taylor, I think there's only a 1cm difference there between the two. I'm sure he will continue to bulk up over the next few preseasons. There aren't as many gorilla forwards out there as in the past, but I suppose the Jono Browns still exist!

look mate

i voiced my opinion on him to my mates when he was drafted

if you look at his draft video even half of his kicks went to no advantage, cannot hit a target under pressure even at that level.

i am just calling it how i see it. should have never got him in the first place

Who do you propose we should have taken then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe that you guys are bagging a kid like tape after 2 games :rolleyes:

This kid will become a great player, the amount of times the ball goes into the gc backline you cant help but be overawed being a young 18 yo with 2 games to his name.

I wish he was at the tigers.

I'm a bit concerned about his height / weight listed at 191cm / 81kg. He may well prove me wrong once he puts on a bit of beef but with the size KPFs are heading towards these days even if he puts on another 10kg over the next couple of pre-seasons, he'll still be giving away plenty of inches and kilos - look at your Tippetts, Dixons who are tipping the scales at 198+cm and 100+kg. I've played against guys who've had a good 4 inches and 10-15kg on me before and it doesn't make life easy. With Seb's mobility, he strikes me as an ideal third tall who can play tall or small depending on match-ups.

I feel we need at least one of our KPDs to be around your Daniel Merrett size of 195+cm and 100kg. Who was it that said "you need a gorilla to play on a gorilla!"
I actually see a bit of Dale Morris in him. Using his athletic ability to overcome his relative shortness for a KPP.

I actually see a bit of Dale Morris in him. Using his athletic ability to overcome his relative shortness for a KPP.

For sure. The good sides usually have 3 or 4 players who can rotate on the opposition tall forwards. Seb will no doubt be among that rotation.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/04/26/310605_gold-coast-afl.html

HUNT: Seb Tape deserves praise
Karmichael Hunt | April 26th, 2011

THE nature of footy is there is always a new game to worry about in a matter of days.

For us at the Gold Coast Suns, it is this Sunday at Etihad Stadium against Essendon and we can't wait.

And it is for that reason that we can't celebrate our historic first win over Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Saturday for too long.

Our coach, Bluey McKenna, made sure of that at recovery session on Sunday morning.

He was certainly keeping a lid on it and told us to freshen up and return to the club this morning focused and ready to train hard.

But we can enjoy what Saturday meant to everyone at the club and we are entitled to that after what was a tough start to the season.

It was the club's first win and will never happen again. To be a part of it was a privilege I will never forget.

It was something very special to sing the song together arm-in-arm.

I know a few of the boys were a bit rusty with the words but thankfully our team manager Barry Lowe brought the board with the words on it.

That helped us belt it out and do the song justice. I was actually all right with the words and didn't need any assistance.

If anything I was a little bit out of rhythm but once we all got into it, it was a terrific feeling.

We all deserved it because those last few minutes were frantic.

I remember that last minute when I was playing on Daniel Motlop and the ball was coming our way.

We were the only two players around the ball at that moment and thankfully I was able to get a hand to it and spoil him.

To be quite honest, it wouldn't have turned out quite so well unless my teammate Seb Tape was able to come across and help out.

Because the ball was still in play after that spoil and I had slipped trying to get back up and chase Motlop down on that second effort.

I also started cramping as well so I had to thank Seb after the match for helping apply the pressure once the ball hit the deck.

He made a great play there just like so many players did in those final few minutes.

Coming along nicely is Seb.:thumbsu:

NAB Round 3:

It's funny you should ask about Seb! We were talking about him not long before the game started and I had probably unrightfully written him off. But yesterday he seemed to think quick under pressure and his hardness at the ball seems to improved in the off season. With him improving (body is looking slightly more adultish too) and Warnock looking like a very good pick up there should be no reason why Bock can not drift forward in the H&A season.

Final stats: 6 kicks, 8 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles.

Hopefully with Jars showing him how it works, he can really start to stand up this season. I have faith, but he will need some time.

Time for Suns to measure up.

THE training wheels are off.

That is the bold declaration of defender Seb Tape, who says expectations at the Suns have gone to another level this year with talk of development now on the backburner.

"Now that GWS is in, we are no longer the youngest side anymore," Tape said.

"There is now expectation and especially when we play them, so the focus is less on development now.

"Obviously we wanted to win as many games as we could last year but we will try and keep a similar team this year rather than blooding young fellas in and out.

"I think our bodies will also be better prepared now to play close to a season."

The Suns' performance against Sydney in Blacktown on Saturday helped salvage an average pre-season.

With the likes of skipper Gary Ablett, David Swallow and Dion Prestia starring, the Coast stuck with the Swans for all but the last 10 minutes.

While only a scratch match, the Swans were treating the match seriously as their Round 1 clash will be this Saturday against their new cross-town rivals in the Giants.

The Suns were well aware they had to turn up or it would have got ugly.

They also needed to perform after the embarrassing loss to GWS.

Coach Guy McKenna said they had been "soft" in previous weeks and called for his players to be harder at the contest.

They responded and Tape, who performed well down back, said it was a timely confidence-booster.

"Sydney were only missing one or two of their best players and we went with them and led in the final term.

"That showed the group that we can really compete this year and compete for longer," McKenna said.

Went to hospital at half time, doctor put his teeth back in and returned back to the ground before the end of the match. this was according to afl game day this morning.

also, the fact he played another 10 minutes after losing his teeth has greatly increased my opinion of him. really hope he develops into a good player. in the end, he still wears our guernsey, and we all want them to do well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back