Preview Second Qualifying Final, 2014 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, Friday, 5 September 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, it's probable that Hawthorn's qualifying final opponent will be Geelong, but there is a small chance that Sydney could lose by a sufficient margin against Richmond tomorrow afternoon that Hawthorn finishes top of the ladder for the third consecutive season and host either Port Adelaide or Fremantle (depending on the result of that game tomorrow afternoon).

Out: Schoey, Litherland, Hartung
In: Stratton, Hodge, Hill

Duryea played himself into the side and will be important against Geelong's small forwards. He has some aggression which I like and one of the few who stood up against Geelong earlier in the year.

Sewell struggled tonight but will back him to play a big 200th in a contested slog against the Cats. Bruest quiet again tonight so hopefully he finds his mojo next week.

Can't wait for Friday night!

Whether Hawthorn finishes on top depends on how much Richmond beat Sydney by and how much Sydney scores. The more Sydney scores, the higher the winning margin must be for Sydney to lose enough percentage to slip to second.

To be honest, I don't think Richmond will get close to Sydney tomorrow afternoon, so it's hypothetical anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to be a spoil sport, but as much as Hartung is a joy to watch, he's very raw. Runs and runs and has plenty of ticker but he looks a smidge out of step with the gameplan at times, would put us under pressure in a final. I think that's the last we'll see of him for this year. Round 1 next year could be a different story though.

I don't recon Suckling will be right to go next week. Just a guy feeling.
Clarko talked like Suckers the only one not certain for next week from the outs

20 - 25 point margin from the Tiges and we're top.
Agree with the changes.
Lake is fine.
Suckers will miss.
In - Hodge, Hill, Suckers
Out - Shoe, Hartung, Lithers
Spang was horrible up forward but was ok down back.
Shoe is a better forward so it depends what we need v Cats.

Gee that Jon Walph flog is an annoying box headed prick! Just don't know what his job is?!! He reckons Lake will be on media watch all week and that there's a lot more to the injury! It's not a strain or a groin ya muck heads! The Fox idiots are wishing it's his groin basically talked more about that incident then the game itself. Ice it up and no training till Thursday as Lake has already got plenty of training in the last 6 weeks!
Hodge, Hill, Stratts in.
Litherland, Schoey and Little William out.

I heard on 3AW this evening that the Richmond players were tweeting how they couldn't wait to play Sydney and that the content of some of the tweets had upset the Swans to the point that Longmire has used this to rev the players up. They wouldn't say what the tweets were saying and have been deleted since however, it looks like the game will be a cracker. I hope the tigers play like there is no tomorrow.

I don't recon Suckling will be right to go next week. Just a guy feeling.

I thought the same thing listening to Clarko

Out: lither, hartung, shoe/Spangher/Duryea (hard to separate)
In: hodge, stratts, hill

Simpkin / Cyril :drunk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back