FFFX See The Bombers Fly Up

Remove this Banner Ad

images (24).jpg
Worsfold named coach for 2016 and beyond

John 'Woosha' Worsfold has been named Essendons coach for the 2016 season and beyond.

Worsfold led the Eagles to back to back Grand Final appearances in 2005 and 2006 and looks ready to have an immediate impact at the Bombers

Watson steps down as skipper
Another new change at the Bombers as captain Jobe Watson steps down.

"The pressure has gotten to me, it's time for me to step aside and hand the mantle to a younger star and focus on my football" were the words of Watson at the press conference today at Tullamarine.

The clubs players will vote for their next skipper, which Dyson Heppell is heavy favourite to take the reigns.

Some interesting selections there. Matthew Stokes, didn't think he'd go around again :p

Lost a fair bit of experience with Fletch etc.
Pick up Stokesy as a DFA as I thought he'd be a good role model for the younger kids and an experienced head.

Mathieson came in with the pick 5 from the Carlisle trade (hopefully)

Lost a fair bit of experience with Fletch etc.
Pick up Stokesy as a DFA as I thought he'd be a good role model for the younger kids and an experienced head.

Mathieson came in with the pick 5 from the Carlisle trade (hopefully)
Alot of experience missing from Fletcher and Chaman. Mathieson is a awesome young kid, will be a huge get for the Bombers if possible. Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

unnamed (18).jpg
Heppell elected captain by peers
Young star Dyson Heppell has been nominated by teammates to take over the captaincy role from Jobe Watson during the week.

"It's great to be recognized by my fellow teammates as a leader of the club on and off the field, I personally think I'm very capable of handling this job and can step straight into the shoes of Jobe" said Heppell

Key defender Michael Hurley will be vice-captain for the 2016 season, with Zach Merrett, David Myers and Brendon Goddard rounding out the leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back