FTA-TV Seinfelds new show: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched all these last night, along with the extra clips available. Started great with Larry David. The Ricky Gervais one was just terribly boring. Gradually got better as things went along.

Really liked the Alec Baldwin one. Didn't expect to, and he seemed quite terse, but he had a way about him that was quite funny. Best ones were the Carl Reiner/Mel Brooks one and the Michael Richards one, both the last two episodes. The stories told were fantastic, and hopefully we see more of that, rather than Seinfeld doing his bits on the fly (recognised it a few times, and having heard them before, it was a bit "meh").

Ess_don

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2009
Sudden Valley
AFL Club
Essendon
women are funny?

I'm still yet to come across a female comedian who's made me laugh.

I've always been a firm believer of the above statement.. nothing infuriates and grinds my gears more than seeing annoying, painfully unfunny middle aged women they keep putting on Melb Comedy Festivals and the likes. (eg: Denise Richards, etc)

However, saw a Warehouse Comedy Festival ABC2 show starring Celia Pacquola, which I thoroughly enjoyed, had genuine laughs and restored my hope in female comedians.. havent seen anymore of her work except that, so pretty small sample size but hey, Im convinced and even followed her on twitter! :p

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Now taken down
I downloaded it yesterday from that youtube link, as I assume others did too, so I expect it should be torrented soon.
Worst case though you only have to wait a couple of days for it to officially air.
It was a good season opener. The story he tells at the end with the cartoon is cool.

Back