FTA-TV Seinfelds new show: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Amost forgot abt this show, in the last week or so I have been through all of Seinfeld and Curb and now up to Louie season3.

Willl catch up on this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up

Does anyone else find the 'comedians getting coffee' website real slow and poor quality? I certainly prefer the Cracle feed...the Louie show was really the only interest one so far

SBI

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs
If there was ever an example of where this show can go wrong, it was the Todd Barry episode (saved only by the last twenty seconds, I guess).

flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
Does anyone else find the 'comedians getting coffee' website real slow and poor quality? I certainly prefer the Cracle feed...the Louie show was really the only interest one so far

Yep definitely not sure what the deal is with the website, I now just grab em off YouTube

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

I watch it via the email I get each friday.I can't find the last eps on the actual site,it just keeps coming up with Larry Davids ep.

A little off topic, I imagine everyone here would also love Dave Chapelle, anyone else got tickets to his show? All the Melbourne ones are sold out, but I got a ticket!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jesus. That was pretty excruciating. And I say this as a massive Seinfeld fan and someone who thought LD did a 'reunion' justice on Curb. But this was just really contrived. The lack of a laugh track was distracting and made the show so hollow. The tuna, the over-cheering, the curly-fries, the mumbling... it was all fodder for a regular episode, but basing something around them just felt empty.

And overall, Comedians in Cars is a lame concept that never, ever does justice to the comedians who star in it. And this was just a massive ad for it.

So lame.

Jesus. That was pretty excruciating. And I say this as a massive Seinfeld fan and someone who thought LD did a 'reunion' justice on Curb. But this was just really contrived. The lack of a laugh track was distracting and made the show so hollow. The tuna, the over-cheering, the curly-fries, the mumbling... it was all fodder for a regular episode, but basing something around them just felt empty.

And overall, Comedians in Cars is a lame concept that never, ever does justice to the comedians who star in it. And this was just a massive ad for it.

So lame.
The broader and more important question is: Do you like any show? Now I get your avatar!

Cheers

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)

So lame.
Do justice to the comedian? WTF?
It's not a stand up routine or This Is Your Life. It's 2 people chatting over a coffee. It's not supposed to be riveting entertainment.
Some have being pretty boring, but some have been quite good. Take it for what it is.
If you don't like it, there is always the alternative:

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do justice to the comedian? WTF?
It's not a stand up routine or This Is Your Life. It's 2 people chatting over a coffee. It's not supposed to be riveting entertainment.
Some have being pretty boring, but some have been quite good. Take it for what it is.
If you don't like it, there is always the alternative:

I't not supposed to be entertaining? Are you serious? What's the point of a TV show if it's not entertaining or engaging or interesting?

They are comedians. It's advertised on the tin. It is supposed to be comedic but the format doesn't really help most of the people on there.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I't not supposed to be entertaining? Are you serious? What's the point of a TV show if it's not entertaining or engaging or interesting?

They are comedians. It's advertised on the tin. It is supposed to be comedic but the format doesn't really help most of the people on there.
Help? They're not looking for any help. They're not using the show as a format to launch their careers or land any big breaks. It's just a couple of folks riffing over a coffee and a ride in a car. That's it. If you're expecting more then you're expectations are too high.

twerk4reep

Debutant
Jan 28, 2014

I think you may be too mainstream to understand the show.

placebo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

It's supposed to be two comedians catching up over coffee talking about being comedians. That's it. I really enjoy the series overall. Just a couple of funny guys chatting for 10-20 mins.

Back