Game Day Semi Final - Freo v Port Gameday Discussion

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Finals are always a different Cat, blokes pop up out of nowhere, Shane Ellen, Paul Dear..........hell Nick Duigan.

Ross goes for the tried and true every year, and if he has a fault, he won't throw his players around.

No matter what people reckon, gameplan doesn't exist in finals, stats are always down and sometimes you have to take the risk.
They addressed this on SEN last Sunday morning. Someone (Finey?) was of the opinion that Ross didn't throw his players around because he wasn't able - his teams (both Saints and Freo) contain too many one-dimensional role-player types.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
They addressed this on SEN last Sunday morning. Someone (Finey?) was of the opinion that Ross didn't throw his players around because he wasn't able as his teams (both Saints and Freo) contain too many one-dimensional role-player types.

I love Ross, but jeebers, once the Power started getting the pill, he had Sandi and Pav standing still in front of 50.

Granted he was down 2 mobile backs, surely Sandi could have been behind the ball to spread the Power wide and there was a chance of a man up on the runners.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Great win by the Power. I guess we all forget at the mid point of the season they were the yard stick. They dropped off but then their last few weeks have been impressive. For mine the Swans now have the easier Preliminary Final. I still think the Hawks should win but I reckon Port will go close.

Fine dry weather predicted. Port's speed may just get them over the line.

Back