2nds Semi Final: Port Adelaide vs Norwood - @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I should clarify, when I mentioned doing the double header I was referring to the Port Adelaide Magpies/Power double header, not the SANFL double header. Bad choice of words on my part.

Dry and 20 degrees for Saturday, perfect for a twighlight game.

For me the key to a Port win is to not allow the game to be played on Norwood's terms. Even though Port had a narrow win last time, I still feel that both games have been played on Norwood's terms, with Norwood really being able to restrict and strangle the games, low scoring, multiple stoppages etc. That of course is what Norwood have done to sides for the last three years. Open the game up and put some early scoreboard pressure on Norwood, I think they become very vulnerable.

983779_286077978263707_7466667588899277978_n.jpg

F: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw.
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, Anthony Biemans, Aaron Young.
C: Robbie Young, Steven Summerton, Paul Stewart.
HB: Campbell Heath, Lewis Stevenson, Karl Amon.
B: Nathan Krakouer, Daniel Flynn, Tom Clurey.
R: Angus Bruggemann, Sam Gray, Tom Logan.
Int: Sam Gordon, Sam Russell, Henry Slattery, Cam Hitchcock, Jake Johansen.

In:
Heath, Biemans, Gordon, Johansen, R. Young
Out: J. Butcher (injured), Newton, Mitchell (Power)

What's the go with Butch? Was looking forward to seeing him run around this weekend...

Last edited:
Does Gordon come in for Butch then? Who misses out? Russell and Johansen?
Russell is AFL listed so he will play. I'd imagine Johansen and Gordon would be the emergencies and Flynn would turn into a KPD instead of a flanker.

Last edited:
The emergencies situation may hurt us this weekend.

Just another reason it's a shame the power aren't playing on the Saturday night.

The SANFL finals would've been played on a Sunday with the possibility that all emergencies could play for the Maggies Eg Mitchell, O'Shea and Newton.

I fear that all emergencies will be on standby and therefore unavailable for the Maggies.

How many Power emergencies in the 22?

Apparently Mitchell's on standby.

So Imp and Newton playing for the Maggies?

Really wouldn't have thought it would be in the interests of either team to have three players who potentially could need to be called up for an AFL semi next week all resting. One, yes, that would make sense, especially if someone is at all doubtful. But three seems crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impey and Newton will be playing, Butcher out with a back problem and Hitchcock with an ankle.

Had to laugh at Buddha on the news tonight.

Reckons KT will be barracking for Port.

Yeah, nah, I'm not buying it...

We should play NTUA before the game :)
Given the minimal support Port fans have shown for the Maggies in their current set-up I think we might quietly let that drop, at least this year.
FWIW it was interesting the number of attendees at banner-making last night who actually supported other SANFL teams. Not that I was running a poll or anything, just a few comments as we also did a banner for the Maggies.

Given the minimal support Port fans have shown for the Maggies in their current set-up I think we might quietly let that drop, at least this year.
FWIW it was interesting the number of attendees at banner-making last night who actually supported other SANFL teams. Not that I was running a poll or anything, just a few comments as we also did a banner for the Maggies.
I thought crowds at Alberton were actually up on last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back