Politics Senator Ludlam welcomes Tony Abbott to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you got a link to his question he asked Brandis and the speaker was quite obviously protecting brandis? I think he asked brandis to prove his statement to the parliment that Snowden was endangering australian lives and a traitor.

But on this speech, guy is front of the gun, good to see him being true to his beliefs and not hold back. He's obviously taken heed of the leadership qualities of Julia Gillard.

Couldnt give a toss how he'd go debating him.is fairly irrelevant any way.

Point is, im no Greens cheerleader, but you have to pay the man his due....quality, quality, up market cook.

Invoking greens policies or lack thereof to have a crack, is just as irrelevant as the result of a debate Ludlam V Abbott I would of thought.

All good though, cheerlead away mate.

So how do you reckon Tone would go debating Ludlam?

Would Ludlam just be hurling abuse like this speech, and passing it off as 'debate' because he used pithy phrasing?

Considering the complaints about the Libs lowering the tone (etc) whenever anything untoward was suggested about the ALP when they were in government, I can only stand in awe of the hypocracy of those cheering about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point is, im no Greens cheerleader, but you have to pay the man his due....quality, quality, up market cook.

Invoking greens policies or lack thereof to have a crack, is just as irrelevant as the result of a debate Ludlam V Abbott I would of thought.

All good though, cheerlead away mate.
Sure the guy can pre prepare a speech taking pot shots at someone not even in the same state.

Bravo!.

But the point of my post wasn't the lack of policies it was the posturing.

Edit. I might add, I dislike the greens more than I like any other party.

Would Ludlam just be hurling abuse like this speech, and passing it off as 'debate' because he used pithy phrasing?

Considering the complaints about the Libs lowering the tone (etc) whenever anything untoward was suggested about the ALP when they were in government, I can only stand in awe of the hypocracy of those cheering about this.
You are shameless.

No petty name calling and the anger was justified. It was also locked directly on issues core to the Greens platform.

Very different to the rabble rousing and sloganeering people complain about.

You are shameless.

No petty name calling and the anger was justified. It was also locked directly on issues core to the Greens platform.

So you feel personal abuse is fine now the Libs are the ones getting abused?

Edited to add:

That should have been 'personal abuse hiding behind parlimentary privilege'.

So you feel personal abuse is fine now the Libs are the ones getting abused?
I think the very direct challenge was justified. The main difference is truth and topicality. There is certainly a place for anger in politics and remonstration.

Farrage for instance, utilises topical and pointed attacks masterfully, so has Galloway to a lesser extent.

I don't have an issue with anger, nor personal criticisms centered around policy and politics. I just take issue with the idiotic humdrum of herp derp Juliar etc. etc. When a party basically campaigns on less than a handful of three word slogans, with the odd insult thrown in, then you come to realise that Australian politics is at near crisis point, or at least the major parties.

Fair enough mate.

Your right. I'm being harsh.

Ludlam's efforts today were clearly on moral par with the the worst we have seen from the Libs under Abbott's rule.

Sincerely. :)

How was speech any different than any other whiny rant we hear from the likes SYH, milne and Bandt all the time?
cos Ludlam prolly had an aim to get traction in the 24hr media cycle.

was means, to justify this end. i would like to see him do this speech before/after the Senate re-election went into campaigning mode, for its own sake.

dont know if he would do it otherwise.

is my point.

Have you got a link to his question he asked Brandis and the speaker was quite obviously protecting brandis? I think he asked brandis to prove his statement to the parliment that Snowden was endangering australian lives and a traitor.

But on this speech, guy is front of the gun, good to see him being true to his beliefs and not hold back. He's obviously taken heed of the leadership qualities of Julia Gillard.

cos Ludlam prolly had an aim to get traction in the 24hr media cycle.

was means, to justify this end. i would like to see him do this speech before/after the Senate re-election went into campaigning mode, for its own sake.

dont know if he would do it otherwise.

is my point.
He has gone hard at Brandis before, I don't think he is afraid of the big targets. If there is a question that needs asking, or a point that needs making he seems to do it. More so than any of his contemporaries, which is both a positive and a worry (that few are enthusiastic about their role).

. It was also locked directly on issues core to the Greens platform.

Greens platform is rabble rousing and sloganeering. Visit Tas. Stop the boats has nothing on them. Bob Brown is actually more articulate than most, that is how bad they are. Compulsive liars on virtually every topic, from pulp mill to wood chips to economics. And before you criticise Tasmania Bob Brown IS NOT TASMANIAN.

In fairness to Ludlum he is a decent cut above most of them. George Michael vs Telly Savalas.

No doubt the ABC will give him plenty of coverage given his election with a heap of the vote last time.

To be fair, now that the greens have all this hate for the liberals, its not as if they didn't see it coming. They gave those dweeds credit, they tarnished the other lot with these dweebs brush. They failed to draw a line in the sand themselves and adequatley campaign against what they knew was coming.They were to afraid of swimming to far against the tide.

Alot of people are under no illusions about the current lot of right wing christian nuts in power, have not been under any illusions for years. Ludlam is trying to make us think he was caught by surprise. To me, if true, this does not make him worthy as a senator (but theres awhole city full of unworthy senators)

However if he had to sit down and shut up while others in the party got thier way, and this as his career dies, is him being to true to his parties fundementals, then hats off to you sir.I hope when your re-eleected you challange the leadership of your party.

ludlum has no chance of being leader of the greens , when you have a person of the calibre of sarah hy just waiting in the wings , or could these two be the dream team we have been waiting for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back