Senior Dons players questioned jabs in 2012 program

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
http://heraldsun.com.au/news/senior...-in-2012-program/story-fni0fiyv-1227289772267

The judgment says Angus Monfries — now at Port Adelaide — “recalled Mr Hird saying that they would be pushing the boundaries but it would be completely legal and state of the art”.

Another player recalled Robinson told the players that the program was like being on a cliff and going right to the end — but not over it.

The judgment also states the players were “directed to keep the program secret”.

Paddy Ryder, also now at Port, recalled: “It had to stay in-house because they didn’t want it getting out ... they thought that this would give us a competitive edge.”

Sounds like a team exploring every legal avenue to get an edge to me.

Next

hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So.... about those consent forms .... I wonder who put together something to such a blindingly, brilliant standard ...

"Prof Handelsman described the form as “alarmingly inadequate” because, among other reasons, there was “no description of what Thymosin is or what it does”, and that it “fails to provide sufficient information and adequate understanding of participation; no description of the manner or site of injection; no proper description of risks including listing of reported side-effects”.

He also noted “numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes indicating an unprofessional construction”. "

I'm holidaying at the beach this weekend, perhaps I should go sea-kayaking!

I'm certain more than a few clubs were doing similar.
In 2012 Essendon started out of the blocks like no other and on Big Footy at the start of the season there was a thread by an Essendon supporter boasting about the huge gains made by Essendon players. Ratten went berko that Essendon went right past them physically so much so that Carlton officials tried to prove that it was dodgy. Stephen Dank is the drug connection between rugby league and the AFL, and in particular Essendon. So no, I don't think it was widespread, and certainly not club sanctioned like Essendon.

Individuals acting outside clubs, yes. But not the entire playing list. Only Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back