Remove this Banner Ad

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Hey guys the AFL premier division has been renamed. Any news on the clubs, here is a bit news from Mayne's website.

Mayne boys come home

The foundations have been laid for a Tiger resurgence in season 2012 with the return of three of our finest sons. Caleb Brown, Luke Ferguson and Tom Falconer have made their way back to Mott St after successful forays in division one. All three will bring fresh ideas to the club and will be able to draw on their experience in showing younger players what it takes to be a quality performer. Brown in particular was fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in Queensland when he represented his state against WA earlier this year. Whilst Brown made his mark as centre half back at Morningside, Ferguson in the ruck and Falconer in the midfield at Aspley, new coach Mitch Ferguson has hinted that each player will potentially be playing different roles next season. The return of the trio has ensured that other recruits know that the side is being rebuilt for immediate success.

Gundy kids make every post a winner

The tigers will be hoping that new recruits Jack Collings and Corbin Sellen display all the attributes of another star performer from Goondiwindi in Gunsynd. That Gunsynd went on to become one of Queensland's greatest thoroughbreds might be asking a tad much but nonetheless the signs have been impressive on the training track.

Collings - first cousin of 2 time club champion Caleb Brown, joins the club after 3 years at Morningside and looks a mirror image of his well credentialed cousin. He will work through the midfield and bring that reknowned Goondi steel to his work. Sellen, a junior star on the downs, returns to the club he played his first season of senior football at in 2008. The 2011 version looks as good as Gunsynd did in the mounting yard with his customary dash across half forward sure to give the Tigers another dimension in attack.

The two Goondi boys will be on display at the Mayne Cup held in the new year at Eagle Farm over 2400m with both sure to attract plenty of support from the local punters.

Mayne AFC welcome Jack and Corbin back to the club and wish them every success for the season ahead.

I for one would love to see Mayne have some success. Their long suffering loyal supporters deserve it. 4-5 inclusions can make a big difference. My prediction-Mayne to win 4-6 games in 2012

They are not the only side that will improve in 2012. Grange and Surfers on the way up, both to play finals- Palmy may drop off a bit IMO.

Surfers and Grange to improve, should both play finals. Maroochy and Mayne to upset a few sides plans. Noosa still bench mark, have they lost any players? read div 3 forum and there is talk of a couple Noosa players going to Alex Hills. Sandgate? the loss of Walker and dickfos to hurt, will they hold on to their couple of good kids, Overington? Will Long go around again? May find themselves down the ladder. Cooly may struggle, Hawkins offered big coin in vic country, wouldnt be surprised to see him go. Talk out of Burleigh, Van Rossum to hang them up and couple others, will need to be the big recruiters of the off season to drag themselves up the ladder, not sure it will happen. Springwood to improve but not challenge, would also need to snag a handful of real good players, but will be more than competitive. Maggies look to have regained Rozinzki, Moore and grabbed Corrie, will be up there with Noosa as bench mark. Palmy losses, Carrol, Horn, Vis, Blowes, Munro Knight, Ianson? Not sure if he has gone north, watched training tues night and very poor numbers. Wouldnt say all have definatly hung them up, but Knight at Southport along with Munro. No word on any recruits just yet. But in summary still Dec.

Couldnt tell you I'm sorry. Have only heard that two clubs in vic have made offers. Would bet Tatura or shep in the GV would be front runners, with the state coaches in Daniels and one of the ass. coach being heavily involved with the two clubs down there. And a few of the southport boys have headed to one club in the edfl! I am not close enough to give exact details, speculation only!

No dramas his a handy player that's forsure anyone that can kick 60 meters and as hard running and great skills he has would be a good pick up for any club great bloke to

Surfers and Grange to improve, should both play finals. Maroochy and Mayne to upset a few sides plans. Noosa still bench mark, have they lost any players? read div 3 forum and there is talk of a couple Noosa players going to Alex Hills. Sandgate? the loss of Walker and dickfos to hurt, will they hold on to their couple of good kids, Overington? Will Long go around again? May find themselves down the ladder. Cooly may struggle, Hawkins offered big coin in vic country, wouldnt be surprised to see him go. Talk out of Burleigh, Van Rossum to hang them up and couple others, will need to be the big recruiters of the off season to drag themselves up the ladder, not sure it will happen. Springwood to improve but not challenge, would also need to snag a handful of real good players, but will be more than competitive. Maggies look to have regained Rozinzki, Moore and grabbed Corrie, will be up there with Noosa as bench mark. Palmy losses, Carrol, Horn, Vis, Blowes, Munro Knight, Ianson? Not sure if he has gone north, watched training tues night and very poor numbers. Wouldnt say all have definatly hung them up, but Knight at Southport along with Munro. No word on any recruits just yet. But in summary still Dec.

Good report kwit, not sure bout any Noosa players goin to Alex Hills, what i do know is they have picked up a gun from the O & M (Oswald) and heard in the last few days the unorthodox Matt Hicks is pulling on the boots again, last time he went around kicked 100+. Headaches for defenders with him and Brewster in same side. Where has Walker gone? Very good player when up and about and with forbes up frd were a real threat, but how often did they actually play together, alot of injuries between the two and not known for their high training workrate. Rozynski will add some real bite and grunt to maggies, Corrie could be hit and miss, heard he had maybe swallowed an air compressor! Thats some big losses from PBC if true, where has Horn gone? Im led to believe he was very embarressed with what went on GF day. Munro good player, good to see having a crack at state league. Mayne three pick ups handy and could be enough to get them a few more wins. Maroochy seem to have got a few players back. Page, mid size frd is a very good player and have some good youngsters, cant see them troubling top 5 teams. Springwood havent done much in last 4/5 years, seem to have stagnated. Is Fulton playing at Surfers? and who are their other recruits that are going to make them, as some are saying, a top side? Grange sound like they have been very active and if they have retained most of this years list could be a real handful.

Good report kwit, not sure bout any Noosa players goin to Alex Hills, what i do know is they have picked up a gun from the O & M (Oswald) and heard in the last few days the unorthodox Matt Hicks is pulling on the boots again, last time he went around kicked 100+. Headaches for defenders with him and Brewster in same side. Where has Walker gone? Very good player when up and about and with forbes up frd were a real threat, but how often did they actually play together, alot of injuries between the two and not known for their high training workrate. Rozynski will add some real bite and grunt to maggies, Corrie could be hit and miss, heard he had maybe swallowed an air compressor! Thats some big losses from PBC if true, where has Horn gone? Im led to believe he was very embarressed with what went on GF day. Munro good player, good to see having a crack at state league. Mayne three pick ups handy and could be enough to get them a few more wins. Maroochy seem to have got a few players back. Page, mid size frd is a very good player and have some good youngsters, cant see them troubling top 5 teams. Springwood havent done much in last 4/5 years, seem to have stagnated. Is Fulton playing at Surfers? and who are their other recruits that are going to make them, as some are saying, a top side? Grange sound like they have been very active and if they have retained most of this years list could be a real handful.

Overington training at Mt Gravatt and Fabian signed at Aspley

By reading all the reports on Grange on here, they sound like they will be a force to reckon with next year. All the best to them, hope they do well, it would be nice for the Brissie teams to do well.

Hopefully a more even comp will happen with most clubs recruiting quite well, point is great for QLD FOOTY!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroochydore wish to unveil a new club signing, first training session was last night. needs a bit of fitness, but goes ok ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72189747@N05/6519998757/

Fulton has signed at Surfers. That is two very big losses for the hawks! couple that with the ones mentioned earlier and good luck filling those holes. i think Walker did his knee if I remember correctly? Hicks back at tiger land, Oswald is a gun. I guess that really cemented my bench mark quote ? Palmy has signed Perry Bolt from Burleigh, monster of a man. Must have put on 10kg at least from last time I watched him play. Interesting, no sooner had I made that post and had found out Ianson, Carrol and Munro? staying. Horn has hung them up, boys have been putting pump on him but sounds pretty happy with his decision. Hindsight is a beautiful thing? Anyway I am sure it will change an other ten times before the season starts. Good luck all!

Maroochydore wish to unveil a new club signing, first training session was last night. needs a bit of fitness, but goes ok ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72189747@N05/6519998757/

Yeah he went ok S36... but his Buddy was better:D Apparently will only play if we take them both..:D

Switching Play - you after Marty Kings ex-job with that wrap up?? Couple of good ones walked into Maroochy over the last couple of weeks and a couple of young fellas back from NEAFL footy which will be handy.

Couple of good ones walked into Maroochy over the last couple of weeks and a couple of young fellas back from NEAFL footy which will be handy.

Do elaborate smy? or are these the guys who where recently mentioned on the Maroochy website?

nothing to report from maroochydore, not much happening. nothing to see, move along.....

Now that they have 3 major divisions in the SEQAFL, will they adopt the format they use in Victoria with promotions & relegations?

i dont think they will as alot of the clubs in the league below PHC level wouldnt have the funds to compete, the top clubs (consistantly) Palmy,Noosa and now again Magpies would spend around 100K to run their entire senior programme - coaches,fees,match payments,equipment grounds etc..... i couldnt see a Kenmore or such generating that sort of $$

i dont think they will as alot of the clubs in the league below PHC level wouldnt have the funds to compete, the top clubs (consistantly) Palmy,Noosa and now again Magpies would spend around 100K to run their entire senior programme - coaches,fees,match payments,equipment grounds etc..... i couldnt see a Kenmore or such generating that sort of $$

It would be more like 150k I reckon. I agree there is a big gap between each divisions. They should just play it as it comes, if a club dominates a lower division, wants to be promoted and can show that they have the dollars, facilities etc then put them up. But a bit of caution look what happened to the western magpies, went up and couldn't win a game.

If you relegate a team, that can be devastating for that club. Players and officials, sponsors leave. It is important that there is support for that club if a decision like that has to be made.

I am not a huge fan of promotion relegation for this reason, but no doubt it can add interest especially late in a season when a few teams are out of finals contention.

Rumours surfacing down south that L Brauer & L Matthews both possibly heading to VIC? Any truth to this in Noosa Land?

Brew owns and runs a gym and I'm pretty sure Matthews has a wife and kid so it'd be a big call to up and leave for a game of footy. The inevitabilty of life's commitments make it difficult to move once you hit the magical '30'.

I'm with Kwit, doubt it'll happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back