Serie A 2015-2016

Remove this Banner Ad

15 games unbeaten now for Napoli across league and europe, we are such a joy to watch. Just cannot believe how much Sarri has turned our defence around! Higuain has now scored in 7 straight league games at the San Paolo :fire: Deserved win but Udinese put up a good fight.

Roma had the derby, and Inter and Fiorentina both had tough away trips against Torino and Samp respectively... i was convinced 1 or 2 of them would drop points which would help Napoli, but nope, all 3 won and continued to show off their title credentials. DAMN IT :D Last night was Inter's 7th 1-0 win already this season, I wonder if their defensive style will be sustainable though to be legit challengers right to the end? They've only scored 12 goals compared to 27 from Roma, 24 from Fiorentina and 22 from Napoli.

And yes, Juve are slowly coming...

Is this kid at Milan first choice? Just watching, doesnt seem too phased at all. But quite amazing to be playing at that level at his age.

He's started the last 4 games and they've only conceded 2 goals in that time, so it looks like he has cemented his spot as their number 1 now. Diego Lopez wouldn't be too happy losing his place to a 16 year old! Kid's a freak though.

Been busy last few weeks.

Fiorentina have been the most impressive side so far.

Big fan of their style.

Napoli obviously killing it also.

Inter win by slim margins but a win is a win. Mancini knows how to get points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D:D

Hellas Verona parked the bus for over an hour and within 5 minutes Hamsik and Insigne has turned the game on its head, Hamsik setting up Insigne the first goal, 2nd goal came from Hamsik playing a through ball to the left wing, Insigne low cross, Higuain taps it in

FORZA NAPOLI!!!!!

2-0 win Forza Napoli, on top of the table currently on 28 points, but Inter and Fiorentina play later who are on 27, Inter has Frosinone and Fiorentina have Empoli, both are at home so I'd expect both to win.

Juve starting to move up the table, 6th now 7 points off the pace. Hopefully this Serie A season is a ripper

2-0 win Forza Napoli, on top of the table currently on 28 points, but Inter and Fiorentina play later who are on 27, Inter has Frosinone and Fiorentina have Empoli, both are at home so I'd expect both to win.

Juve starting to move up the table, 6th now 7 points off the pace. Hopefully this Serie A season is a ripper

I thought we were never going to breakthrough Verona's bus!! Incredibly frustrating first 60 mins.

Wasn't Napoli's best performance, but 3 pts is 3 pts. Insigne the man again :hearts:

First time we've been top for over 2 years. It may only be for a few hours, but i'm stoked :)

Now lets go Empoli and Frosinone :D

This season is looking nuts, 5 legit challengers in my opinion.

I thought we were never going to breakthrough Verona's bus!! Incredibly frustrating first 60 mins.

Wasn't Napoli's best performance, but 3 pts is 3 pts. Insigne the man again :hearts:

First time we've been top for over 2 years. It may only be for a few hours, but i'm stoked :)

Now lets go Empoli and Frosinone :D

This season is looking nuts, 5 legit challengers in my opinion.
The only thing I'm not sure of with the squad is the central midfield depth with Jorginho, Allan, Lopez and De Guzman in there and I don't know much about Validifiori to be honest as he's played most of his football in Serie B, looks like he likes to pick a pass though from the limited footage I've seen of him. Just seems to be no world beaters in there, just a bunch of hard workers, but Jorginho is young and Allan is probably the best of them, De Guzman's level is probably mid table, not challenging for the title/CL.

I know Napoli bidded on Dembele in the final days on the transfer window to bolster that area but Levy (Spurs chairman) didn't want to see him. Allan reminds me of Gary Medel a bit how he buzzes around the place in midfield, Udinese have always produced solid players imo, one of the better selling teams in world football.

Attacking midfield and out wide there's plenty of options though Mertens, Insigne, Hamsik, Callejon, Gabbiandini etc and El Kaddouri can run through there at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I'm not sure of with the squad is the central midfield depth with Jorginho, Allan, Lopez and De Guzman in there and I don't know much about Validifiori to be honest as he's played most of his football in Serie B, looks like he likes to pick a pass though from the limited footage I've seen of him. Just seems to be no world beaters in there, just a bunch of hard workers, but Jorginho is young and Allan is probably the best of them, De Guzman's level is probably mid table, not challenging for the title/CL.

I know Napoli bidded on Dembele in the final days on the transfer window to bolster that area but Levy (Spurs chairman) didn't want to see him. Allan reminds me of Gary Medel a bit how he buzzes around the place in midfield, Udinese have always produced solid players imo, one of the better selling teams in world football.

Attacking midfield and out wide there's plenty of options though Mertens, Insigne, Hamsik, Callejon, Gabbiandini etc and El Kaddouri can run through there at times.

Allan and Jorginho have been sensational this season! Two very underrated players. That midfield trio of them two plus Hamsik complement each other so well. But i do agree with your question marks over Lopez and Valdifiori. Validifiori had a good season last year playing as a deep-lying play-maker at Empoli under Sarri, but no doubt he has struggled so far to make an impression. De Guzman has been frozen out of the squad, so he won't play for Napoli again. He will be sold in January and i suspect we will buy another centre midfielder then.

I actually think the biggest question mark with the squad is the lack of a true back-up for Higuain. Gabbiadini can and has played in the centre of the front 3 a couple of times this season and done well, but he isn't a natural number 9. His best position is outwide on the right in my opinion, so hopefully we don't lose Higuain to injury!

Big top of the table blockbuster next weekend with Napoli hosting Inter! Should be a very interesting game as Napoli have been scoring goals for fun all season while Inter already has 9 clean sheets this season. Great test for both teams.

20 years this week since Buffon made his debut.

Tremendous goalkeeper and an all time great. I find it incredibly tough to split him and Kahn.

Quite fitting really that the opposing keeper this past weekend, Gianluigi Donnarumma from Milan, wasn't even born when Buffon made his debut!

WOW... what a game. Napoli 2-1 winners over Inter to finally go top :cool:

But massive credit to Inter though who played so well despite playing with 10 men for the second half.

That ending was CRAZY! Jovetic with a great header hit the post in the 93rd min, then 30 seconds later Reina brilliantly saved Miranda's header onto the post. Napoli very lucky to hold on. Inter are legit, will be in the title race to the end.

Oh and Higuain again :fire: :hearts: ... Sarri has turned him into an absolute BEAST.

WOW... what a game. Napoli 2-1 winners over Inter to finally go top :cool:

But massive credit to Inter though who played so well despite playing with 10 men for the second half.

That ending was CRAZY! Jovetic with a great header hit the post in the 93rd min, then 30 seconds later Reina brilliantly saved Miranda's header onto the post. Napoli very lucky to hold on. Inter are legit, will be in the title race to the end.

Oh and Higuain again :fire: :hearts: ... Sarri has turned him into an absolute BEAST.

Missed it this morning thanks for the run through will need to catch up on the highlights.

Top of the League!!!! feels bloody good! :D

Higuain is an absolute Starr!!!! Massive man crush!!!

Napoli are the best side in the league, They deserve top spot IMO.

Milan still in the top 3 race but fill me with F all confidence, Hellas Verona, Carpi, Frosinone and Bologna our next 4 so a good chance to turn the new year in a great position. Hopefully we realize the league is so even this season and make some big signings in January to really have a shot at the top 3.

Also on Donnarumma, Kids all class, Poise and a great understanding of the game at such a young age is truly exceptional.

Another thing which hasn't been discussed: Sassuolo. They were pretty impressive from what I saw last night and have to be a good chance at securing a Europa League place.

What are everyone's thoughts on them?

I've seen them a few times this season and they're great to watch. Only team so far to have beaten Napoli and knocked off Juve too. I think they might just miss out on a Europa league place, but they'll certainly go down swinging - they play a pretty attacking style! Eusebio Di Francesco is doing a great job and there has been a few reports lately that Roma will target him if Rudi Garcia gets sacked.

How did that Sassuolo-Fio game go this morning? Draw fair result or ...?

I've seen them a few times this season and they're great to watch. Only team so far to have beaten Napoli and knocked off Juve too. I think they might just miss out on a Europa league place, but they'll certainly go down swinging - they play a pretty attacking style! Eusebio Di Francesco is doing a great job and there has been a few reports lately that Roma will target him if Rudi Garcia gets sacked.

How did that Sassuolo-Fio game go this morning? Draw fair result or ...?

Admittedly I only watched the first half, but from what I saw, Sassuolo were possibly the better team. They pressed really high and puts lots of pressure on Fiorentina, which as I alluded to earlier, was compounded by insecure clearances from Tatarusanu. There were chances at both ends though, and Fiorentina could well have gone 2-0 up when Ilicic was one on one with the keeper but it wasn't to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back