Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the A and B grade boys taking out the one day finals ,good game in the A's the B's were not as close but a good game anyway.
This means we get to play in the 20/20 against our old mates from shepp next year if anyone gets a chance next year go and watch the 20/20 round robin and you will see how far behind we are as a league in 20/20 and we should start taking it more seriously

Well done to the A and B grade boys taking out the one day finals ,good game in the A's the B's were not as close but a good game anyway.
This means we get to play in the 20/20 against our old mates from shepp next year if anyone gets a chance next year go and watch the 20/20 round robin and you will see how far behind we are as a league in 20/20 and we should start taking it more seriously

Sadly old mate it's no longer cricket like it was 10-15 years ago which is a bloody crying shame :( - Id be more worried about retaining teams for 2011/12 first, especially when such a strong club like Tallarook no longer has a C-grade and even forfeited this current round of B-grade cricket.

Sadly old mate it's no longer cricket like it was 10-15 years ago which is a bloody crying shame :( - Id be more worried about retaining teams for 2011/12 first, especially when such a strong club like Tallarook no longer has a C-grade and even forfeited this current round of B-grade cricket.

Doona,the same thing happened at Heathcote being a power house in the 80's and early 90's in the EVCA and now in recess, same thing will happen with these strong clubs they also will go down the same path if they don't get commitment from the young one's around the clubs the older boys are getting older and will move on to things they have missed out on because they have given so much of there time to cricket and thats were the young ones MUST step up

Doona,the same thing happened at Heathcote being a power house in the 80's and early 90's in the EVCA and now in recess, same thing will happen with these strong clubs they also will go down the same path if they don't get commitment from the young one's around the clubs the older boys are getting older and will move on to things they have missed out on because they have given so much of there time to cricket and thats were the young ones MUST step up

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: and the older guys have to know when to step to the side, not step out just to the side for there last couple of seasons.

Any word on how the umpire ended up after being taken to hospital during the Kilmore/Eastern Hill match yesterday???

Any word on how the umpire ended up after being taken to hospital during the Kilmore/Eastern Hill match yesterday???

Have not heard, my buddy at the hill tried to phone hendo"s family but was not able to get a hold of anyone. If i find anything out i will let you know.

Have not heard, my buddy at the hill tried to phone hendo"s family but was not able to get a hold of anyone. If i find anything out i will let you know.

Good onya, was up at Kilmore CC today and I think a couple of the lads tried also but couldnt get thru. Hope he is on the mend :thumbsu:

What happened? Did the heat get to him or something else?

Not 100% sure as I didnt drop in til late in the day but the guys said he took some kind of turn and collapsed on the wicket during a change of ends, an ambulance was called and he was taken to I think the Northern.

Not 100% sure as I didnt drop in til late in the day but the guys said he took some kind of turn and collapsed on the wicket during a change of ends, an ambulance was called and he was taken to I think the Northern.

Hendo was seen walking in Seymour today and appeared to be fine. That is not saying all is well just that he is up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a grade Avenel 99 alex 8 for 50
b grade kilmore 110 avenel 5 for 75
c grade avenel 82 pyalong 5 for 86

b grade Thornton v Royals

Thorn 145 b mcgillvray 29 d evans 21 a fletcher 5/55

Royals 87 g cole 22 T phelps 8/29 J elliott 2/25

Thorn 2/60 j elliott 30 not out

Good win. looking forward to gf

Been away chaps and only got a Kilmore A-grade score (and obvious Thornton B now) what was the wash-up of all games and where will the season deciders be played?

Chance of rain tomorrow/wednesday in Kilmore but fine after that, could mean a toss of the coin job ;)

avenal v thornton

Avenal 116 _ smith 33 T Phelps 3/40 J williamson 3/34

Thornton 4/75 D evans 25 not out

Ive seen some strange things happen in cricket so im not going to say anything else

avenal v thornton

Avenal 116 _ smith 33 T Phelps 3/40 J williamson 3/34

Thornton 4/75 D evans 25 not out

Ive seen some strange things happen in cricket so im not going to say anything else

Cake i have seen some strange umpires in my time,but to get caught off a thigh pad and given out a few thorton boys would be a little nervous with jimmy umpiring

Cake i have seen some strange umpires in my time,but to get caught off a thigh pad and given out a few thorton boys would be a little nervous with jimmy umpiring

having umpired a GF with Jimmy I too wouldn't be overly confident just yet ;)

Must say it was pleasing to a see a side bat a full day in a Grand Final for a change, Kilmore 9/208 after some extremely tight and disciplined bowling late by the Swans. Kilmore looked set for a big score at 3/154 with about 25 to be bowled before the screws were applied by Hinss and Pearcey.

34 straight by the big sauce (0/61) and a 5 wicket haul by Hinss, Rod McLeod looked good in making 65, Davern and Youngman got 40's, and I think J-Col got about 30 opening up.

Looking forward to day two :thumbsu:

B Grade Premiers 2010/2011 THORNTON well done boys

Avenel 116 & 4/64 Lost to Thornton 188 D.Evans 61, T.Dent 36, J.Elliott 21 & B.Mcgillvray 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back