Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news from Tallarook, i was told they had 10 turn up for training and things are not good there.
Ray Carrol assistant coach at Kilmore.

How has the season started up there? How much cricket has been played? Early favourites and good performers?

Any news from Tallarook, i was told they had 10 turn up for training and things are not good there.
Ray Carrol assistant coach at Kilmore.

As long as one of the 10 is the great Sub then they'll be fine, just ask the poor Seymour lads who say he was at his unstoppable best on Satdy. Pretty sure Mr.Carroll is just on the committee at KCC

How has the season started up there? How much cricket has been played? Early favourites and good performers?

Nothing too exciting buzz, Alexandra have started strongly along with Kilmore and Avenel. It's been a bit wet, but not as bad a s last year.

What about down your end? Anyone we know made any freakishly large scores lately? :D

http://premier.cricketvictoria.com....i?rm=content&plugin_data_id=30507;group_name=

"In the Fourths, 23-year-old Lachlan Atkins hit a sensational 244 for Camberwell Magpies against the Cats at Kardinia Park West. Atkins hit 32 fours and 3 sixes."

Good to see that since the B-Grade competition has gone to one-dayers the league has gone from strength to strength. The interest in this thread has been a fine example of that.

I suppose the SDCA should look into implementing T20 across the board for those who don't really want to play a whole day's cricket next year. We don't really need to worry about those guys who actually like cricket anymore, we need to cater to those who only want to have a hit every couple of weeks.

There haven't been any forfeits in the lower grades this year either, so it must've been a master-stroke.

Well the argument for B-Grade going to a one-day competition was to get more people to play, was it not? I haven't seen any jump in playing numbers this year, only a massive drop in the standard of the B-Grade competition. Most B-Grade players this year have referred to it as "C-Grade on turf".

Have any clubs seen any increase in playing numbers, or has it only served the purpose of the older blokes who don't want to play two-day cricket? If kids aren't interested in playing longer games of cricket, then chances are they're not going to care whether it's 80 overs or 45 overs. The 16/17-year-old age group that are losing interest couldn't care what form of cricket it is, they're not going to play it. All this achieved was robbing guys who actually care about playing cricket of the chance to play two-dayers.

well it saved us big time. we had 11 for at least half the games this year. because it was easier to find fill ins for one week. so yes, for us it was a great help. and my opinion is kids dont want to play cricket at all. regardless of how long the game is. my thought was they were more likely to play 1 dayers than not. sport in general in the country is in a decline. as shown by how we havnt got a football club any more. at least the league were trying to be pro active.

and i havnt seen a huge drop in standard. while the top 5 teams are a fair bit better than the lower ones, it wasnt much of a change from last year, or the year before. its a gradual decline mate. we're not as young as we used to be!

Is there a fixture available online anywhere?

Royals have been saying that for years haven't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back